It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Improving my (& our) access to quality reporting & investigation of mysterious subjects..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Hi ATS,

I have found lately that I'm a bit adrift on the waves of the web, lacking good connections to solid scientific/ mysterious subject/ paranormal research & reporting. Many of the sources I would previously have gone too (including ATS in fact) have been overwhelmed with political bickering, related to miniscule or non-existent, or irrelevant/waste of time material being chewed over incessantly, to no real purpose of understanding.

I have a few favourite sites & authors, but I am lacking the wealth of opportunity for interesting & mysterious subjects - which aren't tainted with either (more or less okay) right wing or (ridiculous nonsensical) left wing tripe. Politically I might be considered a very slightly right-leaning centrist, though having some quite important ethical boundaries which are usually better-represented by honest fairly left-leaning policy makers. I have a deep interest in the machinations of finance & power, national strategy, military intelligence matters, military remote viewing & woo woo clandestine ultra secret discoveries being 'cared for' by the military, and so on.

Do you know of any genuinely good sites for the types of information I enjoy? I will add that I hate having a tiny written article propped up by some speculative YouTube video, which may or may not eventually (life moments wasted...) be of any interest/ use. If you could also please be aware that I have a very solid scientific base of general understanding when thinking up responses...

Additionally, I enjoy ancient history, with an emphasis on the really ancient megalithic sites; earth & solar system anomalies (Antarctica, Lemuria, Hollow Moon); genuine detailed & realistic ideas regarding the secret space programs & breakaway civilisation stuff; the alternative physics paradigms; military shenanigans; properly investigative/philosophical & realistic & sensible investigations along the lines of a Jacques Vallee-type UFO & alien/alternate reality beings investigatory reporting; Hermeticism & positively-oriented secret societies, religious mysteries (Templars, Cathars, Secret lineages), with many more I could name but don't have time to do so..

Any & all suggestions would be very much appreciated, perhaps with some commentary regarding your own particular interests.

Godspeed ATS..!

FITO.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Many of the sources I would previously have gone too (including ATS in fact) have been overwhelmed with political bickering, related to miniscule or non-existent, or irrelevant/waste of time material being chewed over incessantly, to no real purpose of understanding.

Welcome to the internet.

How they faked this one is still open to interpretation...
Most real events lack proper evidence, especially film and photo imagery. Kind of have to sort thru the BS to refine the real vs. the fake. Takes a lifetime to do that.

Carry on...

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Don't trust internet sites period! Footwork plus ample dedicated time is required in order to build reliable sources and lines. Try antiquated book stores for starters. It can take years to establish true reliable resources. It is like everything else in life. You get out what you put in. Best resources(people, print, product) are found in the most obscure places. Really good material must be interpreted due to being in allegorical form which keeps one traveling. Good luck wayfarer. Don't forget to keep your lantern held at arm's length.

edit: Dedication of your time along with various resources is crucial.
edit on 13-7-2017 by MaestroMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I see where you're coming from, but I still think it's better to share what tidbits we have found which demonstrate intriguing, engaging, genius, honest, philosophically interesting developments in scientific subjects, in sociology, in secret societies & ancient mysteries, and so on..

Rather than everyone just scrambling for the scraps individually, I do sincerely believe that there is power in unity, even if we're not necessarily agreed on some of the details. Share what you know, where you go to learn new things, and we can all benefit & contribute as things progress.

Also, you broke my 'no speculative YouTube videos' rule - I refuse to watch them if I am being told what to conclude from the outset of the recommendation... So, if you lead with "..how they faked this one", then unfortunately I won't be viewing it.

I'm looking for solid investigative research, well-presented & thoughtful reporting, honesty in all things, openness to reappraisal of prior conclusions based on new evidence or lines of inquiry, well-referenced or stated as personal musing at the outset - basically I'm looking for written material, with some good images thrown in to support it - and perhaps, if videos are included, that they are there for the purpose of supporting the article, rather than a video being supported by minimal, thoughtless and/or biased text. (I don't apply the first two in your case, only the third).

So what say you folks? I will add a couple o f my favourites to get us started:

JP Farrell, the Giza Death Star site

Popular Science - no such thing as Time?

edit on JulyThursday1717CDT10America/Chicago-050020 by FlyInTheOintment because: Fixed link

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

To make such a video, you essentially need to master masks and layer orders.

It's actually pretty easy to do with After Effects.

Regarding the OPs subject, I come on here and a few sites like ATS and follow the links provided. Or simply use a search engine with words and sentences, hoping to find a jewel.
But like MaestroMind says, old books can be real treasures of information. I wish I still had a few books we had at home when I was young.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: MaestroMind

It can take years to establish true reliable resources. It is like everything else in life. You get out what you put in.

Absolutely agreed. Unfortunately, I have a disability* which prevents (literally) the footwork aspect. My mobility is very low, and it's impossible to schedule everything which needs to be done in the short windows of time when my condition permits..

So in a sense, I really have no option but to scramble on the internet trying to find the best of a bad lot! But in general, you response is 100% agreed with by myself; I would love to be able to roam about looking in such places - the game, therefore, is 'afoot', so to speak..

So truly, if anyone has any ideas about where to go for the beginnings of good information, please do share - it really does make things much more bearable to have interesting & engaging distraction/foundations for understanding.

Best wishes,

FITO.

*(severe neuropathic pain, entire body, except for lungs & abdomen!)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

If you can't travel easily, there are sites that have hundreds of old books put online for free because they fall in the public domain. I haven't visited one in a long time and don't remember a site name. Dang.
edit on 13-7-2017 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: NowanKenubi

I come on here and a few sites like ATS and follow the links provided. Or simply use a search engine with words and sentences, hoping to find a jewel.

Ha..! I do know how search engines & links function my friend, it's not really a question of whether I can be bothered to do the research, it's more a case that the nature of my condition not only severely limits my mobility, but it also significantly reduces the amount of time I have in which to pursue the research.

I tend to read a lot via Scribd, and yes, I have found excellent sources in some regards - but I noticed recently that my 'up-to-date' alternate news/ mysterious happenings 'news feed' is rather lacking in any real depth. All that I'm looking for is a 'heads up' which will point me in the right direction..

I note that you said you have a few sites you use regularly - but then you didn't share the details. If you could flesh out your reply with some of those links that would be great, thanks.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I have no doubt you can properly make research with search engines.

Well, there is (shameshame) GLP I visit. I know it is savage there, but I only use it to have news earlier than with the MSM, and there is the occasional thread that is worthy; as I said I use it for the links that can be found to make research on a given subject easier.

I've recently made the habit of bookmarking pages because I have a hard time remembering sites I visit, lol. I'll remember this thread and will post links to sites you might find interesting according to your OP, when I come across them.

I'll probably hunt for a few I remember today and see what I can find.

A question; are you limited to english or are their other languages you know? I could provide links for french sites.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Many of the sources I would previously have gone too (including ATS in fact) have been overwhelmed with political bickering, related to miniscule or non-existent, or irrelevant/waste of time material being chewed over incessantly, to no real purpose of understanding.

Welcome to the internet.

How they faked this one is still open to interpretation...
Most real events lack proper evidence, especially film and photo imagery. Kind of have to sort thru the BS to refine the real vs. the fake. Takes a lifetime to do that.

Carry on...

I kinda got the impression that perhaps the person used a plastic lense, held by hand while a created/edited video played behind the lense. Seems reasonable.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
For me truthing right now is all about pizzagate and also about the secret space programs. The word is getting out.

Not gonna lie this website has gone pretty far downhill. But I like voat for pizzagate, also the truth about Islam and politics. For the secret space programs I like YouTube videos with Elena kalpulnick, Tony rodrigues, James rink and many other whistle lowers, leak project and whyisthistrue.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I understand. Problem with digitally formatted eBooks is ease of manipulation. Wouldn't want you wasting precious non renewable time with adulterated garbage. Especially with this current assault on everything scholarly. Here are a few links for you.

www.baumanrarebooks.com...

www.strandbooks.com...

www.biblio.com...

If you are truly serious in embarking on your journey, I also have a few titles to recommend to you if you can find them in eBook format. They may be costly, yet are worth every dime. A king's fortune can be easily spent in seeking. Out-of-print books are best if you know how to discern treasures from trash.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I see where you're coming from, but I still think it's better to share what tidbits we have found which demonstrate intriguing, engaging, genius, honest, philosophically interesting developments in scientific subjects, in sociology, in secret societies & ancient mysteries, and so on..

Helps to have some direct personal experiences too. Nobody can take that from you, remains a yardstick to evaluate others experience, by comparison.

Share what you know, where you go to learn new things, and we can all benefit & contribute as things progress.

Right here, well used to be anyway. I have learned so much from Phage, Orberg, and others that helped illuminate the hoaxes, as well pointing out cases that have yet to be debunked that I was previously unaware of.

So that broadens my horizon.

However, I must say growing up I was already deeply interested and studied older cases, and thought that when I finally came to the internet, cases like Roswell for instance would be all open, secrets disclosed, etc for everyone to see. Boy was I wrong. If anything the issue is more confused than ever. Good thing I got the earlier edition and can't be confused by new BS added on.

Sorry about that younger generations. Today, you have to dig thru the stack of needles to find the needle. Thats why you started this thread... and why I said, carry on...

Also, you broke my 'no speculative YouTube videos' rule - I refuse to watch them if I am being told what to conclude from the outset of the recommendation... So, if you lead with "..how they faked this one", then unfortunately I won't be viewing it.

Oh, no I was being sarcastic. I am unable to find out where this footage was from or how it might have been faked (why I presented it).

edit on 13-7-2017 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: NowanKenubi

To make such a video, you essentially need to master masks and layer orders.

It's actually pretty easy to do with After Effects.

Regarding the OPs subject, I come on here and a few sites like ATS and follow the links provided. Or simply use a search engine with words and sentences, hoping to find a jewel.
But like MaestroMind says, old books can be real treasures of information. I wish I still had a few books we had at home when I was young.

a reply to: StallionDuck

Except nobody has come forward a, or b, produced a similar video. Layering thru the reflection thru the dirty window as well as the object moving behind the wing, all at once... thats special.
edit on 13-7-2017 by intrptr because: additional reply

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I would think... this is just a guess now... If this had been taken on a plane, that person (oh I definitely would have) would have shouted out "LOOK!!!" to people on the plane. More people would have been taking pictures and it would have been from the time that they started capturing the object to at very least the time the craft was out of view. That would have been all over the news and the internet. That's a UFO Researches wet dream right there.

Just my own thoughts on it.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

i remenber that video... i thought i had lost it
awesome!

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord

i remenber that video... i thought i had lost it
awesome!

'They' keep taking it down, for whatever reason. Each time I go to bookmarks to reshow it, its gone. Luckily somebody else has copied it and it remains out there.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

The video is interrupted, appearing two segments. I dunno either how long the original video is or what others in the cabin were dong. I do hear voices in the background.

I can tell you when I was confronted with an 'unknown' , for lack of better terms, 'thingy', I was slack jawed and dumbfounded the whole time. So was everyone else that night. Only after it was gone did everyone start shouting.

Again, I don't know when it was taken or by whom or the events surrounding it. But to speculate, I would think anyone so capable of such great special effects would have included agitated voices, too...

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MaestroMind

Outstanding, thank you. I'll have a look-see & return with thoughts perhaps tomorrow.. Late now here in the UK, so won't be able to go into much detail with posting replies, but I do appreciate the informative comments.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

However, I must say growing up I was already deeply interested and studied older cases, and thought that when I finally came to the internet, cases like Roswell for instance would be all open, secrets disclosed, etc for everyone to see. Boy was I wrong. If anything the issue is more confused than ever. Good thing I got the earlier edition and can't be confused by new BS added on.

I hear you, it's a shambles, totally flooded with misinformation & straight up disinformation. I do appreciate that a modicum of personal effort & experience is essential. Thankfully I do have experience of the world behind the veil, and after twenty years of woo, I have found excellent information scattered abroad, despite the limitations we're describing here.

I imagine you can see from my bucket list of sought-after information, that I have managed to pull together some strands which are not quite run-of-the-mil, and I could discuss many of these topics in depth within the appropriate context.

I started this thread in the hope of a few quick links from people who have also faced the obstacles of illusion, misdirection, deception & garbage liberally & appallingly strewn all over the crystalline potential of the halls of knowledge which is the WWW.

I'm fully on board with the need to research & if possible experience things personally, but I'm a bit time-limited too at the moment, so I figured collaboration & info-sharing is an acceptable approach when faced with hurdles which I can't quite jump these days..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join