It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird effect within a large Chem/Contrail.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Last night around 17:30 I noticed a large Vapourtrail. Miles wide. Whatever made it came from the east, made a sharp 90 degree turn and headed south east and was long gone by the time i saw the Contrail. This is where it gets weird. Within the Trail you could see parallel lines move through it in a east west direction, When i say move i mean it was like a repetitive shutter effect.

Think opening and shutting vertical blinds only each slat moved independantly from each other, like you had just opened the blind but the left one moved first then the one to it's right and so on. Like a ripple effect through the Vapourtrail. 50 years old and never saw anything like it in all that time. The weather was hottish for Scotland 20c and the skies clear.

My friend who was with me tried to shoot a video on her phone but believe it or not the rippling effect stopped just as she managed to set her phone up. I doubt she would have captured the effect anyway.

Weirdest thing iv'e seen for a long time. I'll add this. On the way back from the shop some 50 mins later another plane had made the exact same sharp left hand 90 degree leaving the same type of vapour trail. Maybe the same plane maybe another plane asked for whatever reason to perform that manouver. Height i would guess as maxed out 30.000+.

Anyone got ant ideas..

This was over Central Scotland or East Central Scotland..time roughly around 17:00-18:45. We both saw the moving ripple effect at 17:30 ish as that was the time we left to go shopping.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Last night around 17:30 I noticed a large Vapourtrail. Miles wide. Whatever made it came from the east, made a sharp 90 degree turn and headed south east and was long gone by the time i saw the Contrail. This is where it gets weird. Within the Trail you could see parallel lines move through it in a east west direction, When i say move i mean it was like a repetitive shutter effect.

Think opening and shutting vertical blinds only each slat moved independantly from each other, like you had just opened the blind but the left one moved first then the one to it's right and so on. Like a ripple effect through the Vapourtrail. 50 years old and never saw anything like it in all that time. The weather was hottish for Scotland 20c and the skies clear.

My friend who was with me tried to shoot a video on her phone but believe it or not the rippling effect stopped just as she managed to set her phone up. I doubt she would have captured the effect anyway.

Weirdest thing iv'e seen for a long time. I'll add this. On the way back from the shop some 50 mins later another plane had made the exact same sharp left hand 90 degree leaving the same type of vapour trail. Maybe the same plane maybe another plane asked for whatever reason to perform that manouver. Height i would guess as maxed out 30.000+.

Anyone got ant ideas..

This was over Central Scotland or East Central Scotland..time roughly around 17:00-18:45. We both saw the moving ripple effect at 17:30 ish as that was the time we left to go shopping.

OK firstly the angle may not have been as sharp as you think it was.

Please see this thread for an explanation of what I mean
www.metabunk.org...

As for the shutter effect Google images of cirrocumulus undulatus and see if it's anything similar to that

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Nope, This was not cirrocumulus undulatus clouds, It was a Vapour trail with a rippling effect moving east to west through the vapour trail that had a south east heading...All i can say is the Vapour trail looked to me and the person i was with to have taken a sharp 90 degree turn. It's what made it stand out in the first place. The turn. I would not have given it a second glance if it was straight.

Not looking for a conspiracy here, Just a explanation of sorts. Could it have been ice crystals reflecting sunlight in the vapour trail.?

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Nope, This was not cirrocumulus undulatus clouds, It was a Vapour trail with a rippling effect moving east to west through the vapour trail that had a south east heading...All i can say is the Vapour trail looked to me and the person i was with to have taken a sharp 90 degree turn. It's what made it stand out in the first place. The turn. I would not have given it a second glance if it was straight.

Not looking for a conspiracy here, Just a explanation of sorts. Could it have been ice crystals reflecting sunlight in the vapour trail.?

Contrails are a type of cirrus cloud and are subject to the same conditions. Undulatus was the first thing that came to mind from your description

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I live near a military training facility so these kind of stories are nothing new to me.

I had a chopper fly right over my roof, I heard it but never saw it. Are you aware of any military or paramedic aircraft engaging in training exercises? that is my only explanation. If you saw a single blinking light then i'd immediately think it was a military aircraft, and multiple lights might indicate a delayed landing of a commercial airliner.

Who knows.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

It almost sounds like you saw the trail moving and in the spaces between the trail there were cirrus clouds giving the effect of them moving. Does that sound correct?

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

It almost sounds like you saw the trail moving and in the spaces between the trail there were cirrus clouds giving the effect of them moving. Does that sound correct?

No this was not the case. The ripple effect appeared to be translucent and quite fast moving right to left across the vapour trail. Similar to the Aurora Borealis when the videos are speeded up. The Ripple wasn't random it was one after another after another in perfect time.

The vapour trail was 'and i am only guessing here, around 10 miles wide at the bend where the shimmering was happening. It was not a cloud as i could see in the distance looking south the vapour trail narrowing to the point of the aircraft even though it was probably 40 miles away, maybe a lot more at this point. I could not see the aircraft just the point from which the contrail was emanating.

We were looking at the unusual L shape of this massive contrail when i noticed the shimmering effect, by the time i had asked my friend to try and capture it on video to the time she got her phone out and camera switched on the shimmering appeared to have stopped. I have no idea how long it had been shimmering like that before i/we saw it.
edit on 13-7-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Chemtrails foreveeeeer!

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I think the two flights you saw were probably these:

I wonder if the effect you saw was to do with the turboprop engines

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Cheers for that, Could be the flights. I knew the planes were too high for a Edinburgh take off.I dont think the effect i saw was anything to do with the vapour trails. I believe it could have been a seperate phenomenon highlighted by the vapour trails.

PS, Could you add in the time those flight were over the Carluke area on the map. I live a few miles north of Carluke but it's the closest named town on the map. As i said, i left the house at around 17:30 and the first plane was waaaay south of my location, So far south it was a pin prick in the sky. The l turn looks to have been made over the Campsie hills. I live 25 milles south of the hills so would make sense.
edit on 14-7-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Cheers for that, Could be the flights. I knew the planes were too high for a Edinburgh take off.I dont think the effect i saw was anything to do with the vapour trails. I believe it could have been a seperate phenomenon highlighted by the vapour trails.

PS, Could you add in the time those flight were over the Carluke area on the map. I live a few miles north of Carluke but it's the closest named town on the map. As i said, i left the house at around 17:30 and the first plane was waaaay south of my location, So far south it was a pin prick in the sky. The l turn looks to have been made over the Campsie hills. I live 25 milles south of the hills so would make sense.

The time on the first screenshot is 16:17 UTC (17:17 BST) and the time on the second is 17:07 UTC (18:07 BST). hopefully you can work it out from there

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The times would fit..Thanks.

ps, I'm really surprised by the size of the vapour trails from a prop plane.
edit on 14-7-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Although the Dash 8 is indeed a prop plane, the turboprop engine type it uses is basically a jet engine geared to a propeller, a world of difference from the old piston engines used by older aircraft. The size of the trail, once left, would depend on local conditions and humidity must have been very high in the region.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
In this photograph you can see the "jet exhaust" behind the aircraft on the left. The one on the right is one of your two 😁

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Possibly virga, possibly irridescence - impossible to say, unfortunately, without good pictures.

Contrails are basically man-made cirrus clouds and can display any of the effects natural cirrus display.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew
Possibly virga, possibly irridescence - impossible to say, unfortunately, without good pictures.

Contrails are basically man-made cirrus clouds and can display any of the effects natural cirrus display.

Having looked at videos of both Virga and Irridescence what we saw was neither. Thanks just the same.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

The shuttering effect is caused by the props. See following Metabunk thread with videos

Metabunk Thread Link

The vortex off the props can interact with the engine/aerodynamic contrail.

contrailscience.com...

new topics

top topics

join