It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House allocates 1.6 billion to Trump to start building his wall

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: FijiMermaid
Wow, imagine how many people could have healthcare with that amount of money.

Imagine all the money freed up from jailing illegals for crimes and deporting them over and over. All the money saved from giving them and their children benefits for life. Try to think about the bigger picture.

And on a side note, why aren't we funding the wall from seized drugs and drug money coming over the border?

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Cypress

The wall won't stop drugs from coming into the country. I'm not even gonna go the route of "CIA operation: war in drugs" conspiracy. Most of the drugs shipped in are not on "mules" running through the desert.

Fentanyl has been around for what... 30 years?

We have an opioid overdose fatality rate like we've never seen. The last time it was even close to this bad was when soldiers returned from war with morphine habits.

Of course we can't get rid of all the drugs, or save everyone's life. But that's absolutely no reason to just shrug it off and say, 'what are ya gonna do? the people want their drugs!'

And when this wall goes up there will be new smugglers trying to bring in heroin to fill the void of the cartels we are going to annihilate. Only they like to be referred to as the FDA.

I hate Big Pharma, but I'd rather have their heavily regulated prescription system then no system and heroin all over the country at unprecedented rates.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Well at least 500 more Border Patrol families with healthcare and an unknown number of contractors probably in the tens of thousands so it is a great investment for the American people.

edit on 13-7-2017 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
1.6 billion will be siphoned off in government corruption, kickbacks and bogus contracts before even 10 ft of the wall is built.
The real estate contracts, law suits, land surveys, attorneys, soil and water surveys, state litigation will take years....there's a little more
to a project of this magnitude than just pouring the concrete and erecting the steel. Time to start thinking like adults and deny ignorance, eh?

Remember it's a government project and you know how those usually work out.

It's amazing how people that hate big government are so quick to accept one just because it's a Trump promotion.

I drink your milk shake....

edit on 13-7-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
1.6 billion will be siphoned off in government corruption, kickbacks and bogus contracts before even 10 ft of the wall is built.

Remember it's a government project and you know how those usually work out.

Trump says he is worth 10 billion. So, now that he is "the government", he can personally pay for the wall.

We the people, will give him a "tax credit" for his contribution.

No need to ask congress for any funds here.

Trump already "owes the people", since he "sucked" that $10 billion out of the American economy, and into his own pocket.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

More border patrols? So they admit the wall will not change anything.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Common Overland Smuggling Methods Mexican DTOs dominate the transportation of illicit drugs across the Southwest Border. They typically use commercial trucks and private and rental vehicles to smuggle coc aine, marijuana, methamphetamine, and heroin through the 25 land POEs as well as through vast areas of desert and mountainous terrain between POEs. Asian traffickers, OMGs, and Indo-Canadian drug traffickers transport significant quantities of high-potency marijuana and MDMA into the United States across the U.S.-Canada border. They use commercial trucks and private and rental vehicles to transport these drugs through more than 100 land POEs. They also use all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), aircraft, maritime vessels, and couriers on foot to smuggle drugs through vast areas between POEs.

Department of justice

The wall is not going to make a significant impact since smugglers already use established point of entries...

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Trump is a blue collar builder

No he isn't. Trump is a fat cat businessman. I wouldn't be surprised if
has never done physical labor his entire life. He doesn't do the building.
He doesn't draw out the plans for the buildings. He doesn't direct the
builders as the build. All he does is sign a paycheck while sitting on
his fat ass.

Once built, it remains for thousands of years

Modern building materials do not last of thousands of years. More than likely the next democratic president
wont continue throwing our tax money at this thing (if it gets built) for the upkeep.

The US needs a wall along Mexico to stop drugs.

What drugs do you actually think are coming from mexico?
Our opiates come from the middle east and our coc aine is flown in
from south america. Most of our marijuana is now grown here in
the states. Also how will the wall stop drugs from coming in from canada?
How will it stop drugs from arriving on ships on our east and west coast?
What will stop drug mules from digging tunnels, using ropes and ladders,flying planes, or
even blowing holes in the wall with explosives. Human beings will find
away through the wall and all your tax money will have been wasted.
But building the wall will put more money in trumps pocket a fact
I'm sure your very happy about. sucker.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11

originally posted by: roadgravel
If people are going to be allowed to get sick and die, who needs safety.

How's that Obamacare working out?

Works great for me and my mom. We are very happy with the aca 8)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Under ACA...3

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: FijiMermaid
Mexican heroin

Oh so you had to say "Mexican?"

You vile racist!

(turn on your sarcasm detectors)

Lightly brown people heroin...fixed

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: mikell

More border patrols? So they admit the wall will not change anything.

Unless you want to hire so many they can hold hands for 500 miles you need both, and more. Does anyone care about the reduced human trafficking this will support, or is human trafficking a good thing to the left?

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

Imagine how many more Americans than that will be able to have healthcare once the illegal freeloaders are kept on their side of the border...

Imagine how many children will starve once food price go up after we lose our cheap farm work force.

Hyperbole is a fun game lets keep playing.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Is this sort of thinking representative of the majority in America? Health is a non-essential luxury?

no no lol Don't get the wrong idea about us . Most americans will gladly pay more tax to see there fellow
brothers and sisters get good healthcare. What you hear on this site comes mostly from the young and selfish who
haven't had to deal with unexpected health problems. I promise you the day one of them can't get health
insurance because of pre-excisting conditions they will change their tone. Ameica is losing to the rest of the
world when it comes to healthcare but we will catch up.

i remember when this guy was running for president. www.youtube.com...

Whatever happened to that guy?
edit on 13-7-2017 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

So they will still be tunneling and going over the new wall?

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

And when this wall goes up there will be new smugglers trying to bring in heroin to fill the void of the cartels we are going to annihilate. Only they like to be referred to as the FDA.

The big cartels use planes and boats to move big loads the wall will only stop little token drug busts of coke and smack. This will hit the pot they move over the border and to that I say good they can keep their ditchweed.

I hate Big Pharma, but I'd rather have their heavily regulated prescription system then no system and heroin all over the country at unprecedented rates.

Oh sure lets keep the system that makes money from keeping people sick. If a person wants to kill them self using some drug then let them it's their life.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

They thought of another way.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Imagine how many children will starve once food price go up after we lose our cheap farm work force.

Hyperbole is a fun game lets keep playing.

None will starve. Most numbers are over inflated for political reasons.

According to Pew in 2017 (linked):

...unauthorized immigrants are over represented in farming and construction occupations (26% and 15%, respectively). In all industries and occupations, though, they are outnumbered by U.S.-born workers. (emphasis added).

A majority of my family is in agriculture and laugh when they hear about the 'collapse' of the agri business...from my own experience:

Having worked for one one of the largest poultry producers which grow their own grains, manage the hatcheries/grain mills and houses; all the way to production and shipping...with zero illegals in the labor force of over 11k (not allowed and when one is caught, terminated immediately which I have witnessed)..
...this while producing 10 million chickens per week and compete despite the labor costs and being all organic.

Now there are citizens shoveling chicken crap all day (that is what they do) to $9.50 /hr $11.00/hr after year 1 with some regular performance raises and unbelievable benefits.

Cleaning pens, racking birds, scrubbing sewer tanks, working around methane ponds, caging, slaughtering ...disgusting, hard days job. (I would not do it).

And a waiting list to get in for employment.

mg

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

It will drastically reduce physical entry. I don't know about you but tunneling is not some easy task and it takes a long long time. Remember we still have what 10 to 20 million here already and it is a good while before the wall is physically built.

I think the wall also represents a symbol that we do not want people just coming in illegally. Do it the legal way or not at all. Once again we are really talking about human trafficking of the most vulnerable that the left has painted in a different light.

I do want workers on a work visa program, we need them, maybe not in the millions though, and just as importantly legal status to work here protects them too from all kinds of wrongs that being a illegal can be taken advantage of quite easily.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

I thought the wall became a campaign issue based on the rhetoric that Mexicans are taking our jobs. Fake news, distorted facts? Hey, when repubs are in charge we got money to burn, literally.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join