It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vertical Plane by Ken Webster - Is this proof of Time manipulation and travel or just a story?

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:
(post by MessiahBuddhaBooks removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Hi, I remember seeing the BBC TV documentary about this story back in the day and then recently a YouTube recommendation refreshed my memory.

I have a PDF version of TVP book.

How sensational would it be to find Thomas Harden's book .

I tried to imagine where Thomas would safely hide any such manuscript. I assume somewhere in Oxford. Maybe the Bodleian Library, hidden within some other less contentious document.

And then I wondered whether Thomas had it buried with him.

As I think someone in an earlier thread mentions, a quick search on the Ancestry website established a potential burial for Thomas Harden in the parish if Haresfield, Gloucestershire on 8 Jan 1560. I imagine the burial was at St Peters. There is a website where gravestones are transcribed, but there is nothing for Thomas.

Despite there being a number of Thomas Harden deaths recorded in the 16thC, Haresfield seemed to sit between Bristol where his family was reported to be from, and Oxford.

I am tempted to visit the church yard at St Peters to see if there is any trace of Thomas Harden's gravestone. Coincidentally, I was planning on walking the Cotswold Way this year, which I think would take me past Haresfield.

Armed with physical evidence of the interaction between Ken, Deb, Peter and Thomas, then a proper analysis of 2109 can be undertaken.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Is this thread still kickin'? I did not read all the way through it but did a classic skim.

I listened to the astonishing legends podcast 7 hour discussion driving back and fourth from my girlfriends house.

I was able to download a pdf version of the book and wanted to share the link.

This is an archive.org link btw

The Vertical Plane Ken Webster
edit on 24-1-2022 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: Korean bbq bruv

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

For anyone still interested in Ken Webster and The Vertical Plane, I found a very interesting prediction made by 2109.

On Page 241 of the new edition of the book, “2109” tells Webster that the next supernova (referred to in the message as a “quasor”) would be within the Delphinus constellation. Since this was one of the only traceable predictions in the whole book, I looked it up. Apparently, in 2013, astronomers had telescopes trained on this area of the sky and watched a supernova, for the first time, be born.

Now I’m no astronomer and I am not sure of the significance of this event in the grand scheme of astronomy, but if this prediction was in the original manuscript (I assume it is), and the prediction was correct, doesn’t this lend more credibility to this story? Had such an event been predicted in that constellation ever before? Seems objectively verifiable and would have been an extremely lucky guess.

I feel like if Webster would have found the book written by his buddy from 1546, we’d have heard about it. Unless….

Anyone know how to get a hold of Ken Webster?

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Adampoopoo

Ken Webster doesn't like to give interviews apparently.

A new edition of the book was recently released however which will give more people access to this high strangeness

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Hi everyone!

Happy to see that the discussion continues even if not as focused or frenzied as before. I am not planning to participate at this moment as I am still very busy with work and home life etc.

I mostly wanted to say hello and see that everyone is still OK here. I miss you all and the conversations we used to have. I sincerely hope everyone prospering in their life and has happiness.

I personally have not thought about TVP all that much the last year. As I alluded to last spring I have been in the midst of a divorce the last 12 months which has dramatically effected me. It was something I was preparing for beforehand and all things considered it has gone very well for all of us but still a difficult time, particularly because of my son. It was exciting to reimagine or re-plan the rest of my life but also very overwhelming.

The times that I do think about the book, it is most often thinking about the craziness that entered my life along with the book. Looking back it is hard to believe most of it, and often leaves me in a position of wondering whether any of it really happened, or did it happen the way I thought it was happening. I know most of it was real, but that still leaves a whole lot open to interpretation.

I wonder sometimes if this book doesn't induce a certain kind of "madness". Not to suggest that the book is dangerous or cursed or should be censored. Speaking for myself only, I can certainly attest to going a little "mad" during the 6-12 months that I was really involved in discussing it. I don't think I am alone in that statement, as I believe at least a few here would sympathize with that. Obviously the book has been inherently limited in who has access to read it prior to the reprinting, and I wonder how many people read it and thought "that was weird" before moving on compared to those like us that read it and became obsessed or felt a certain "truthfulness" that they couldn't explain. Not suggesting that there is some profound data to find, just a curiosity.

I still speak with my friend Gary, and I still "believe" all of his statements as well as those of Deb and Ken. I still "believe" this book is non-fiction and that Tomas's book exists and is waiting to be found. I sometimes wonder if there may be a red-herring in there somewhere, like maybe his book is already digital somehow or some other weird factor. I have been getting caught up on his last statements lately. His claim to have written it in Latin with the help of his friend while at Oxford (paraphrasing), should that maybe be taken at face value as a clue to its location? Could it just be sitting/hidden in Oxford somewhere? I don't know the best way to go about looking, but surely this should be the first place that is thoroughly checked right?

Any way, for whatever it is worth Gary recommend this particular synopsis/video about the book. youtu.be...

I don't suspect that there is anything to learn from this particular video that we collectively haven't already discussed but I have to be careful to not discount parts due to my already knowing the story. I have a tendency to kind of space out during certain parts of the retelling because they aren't all that exciting to me, but there very well could be "clues" that are brought up during those parts that I have missed.

I will do my best to try and be active in this thread again but can't make any promises. I hope everyone else can find the motivation that I am currently lacking.

Peace and love,
Steve

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I have a sort of spooky thought I really want to throw out there.

Has anyone ever considered that some parts of 2109s messages might be meant for somebody, or some people that he knew would only receive that message upon reading Ken's (or Tomas's) book?

I believe this story 100 percent and I think it deserves the kind of attention that tic tac ufos and skinwalker ranch are getting today. I am willing to bet that in quiet circles it is getting it.

I'm curious is Ken or any of the other fellowes continue to experience phenomenon that they are much less open to talking about because of their experience taking about TVP. Synchronicities perhaps, a strange abundance of unlikely coincidences, dreams that stand out more than most others, or a sense while on the web that something like 2109 is still interacting with them in some less obvious way.
edit on 25-4-2022 by DragonDiet because: completing my thoughts

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

Hey man, I've been trying to get some thoughts together to respond to you, but I've been crazy busy too. I'm glad to see you still checking in if not actively involved... that's exactly how I've been in relation to this thread for a way long time. My work and home life are both so demanding of my time not to mention my mental facility.

I'm glad you popped in to say hello, I miss the old discussion too. Maybe I didn't contribute to it as much as a lot of others, including you, but rest assured, I was stuck on this thread every day like glue.

TVP is something that pops into my mind every now and then and gives me fond memories, but I don't think much about it either. I'm sorry to hear that you have been going through a divorce, even if it is the best thing for you in the long run. It's a really hard thing to go through. I can't believe my divorce is so far behind me now... I think something like 17 years. And been married to my wife now for almost that long. I never thought my life would be anything other than the strife and anxiety that goes along with all that, but now things are pretty stable and calm. Just can't believe how old I've gotten suddenly. It's like my life was chaos and I struggled for so long and then when I stopped to breath I was an old man. That's the hardest thing to handle for me.

I've had a lot of craziness in my life brought on, I think, from stuff I was reading about or researching. Including TVP. I think it comes to you whenever you devote your thought to this kind of stuff for too long.

This book, and a lot of other similar things, can and do lead you into a kind of madness when you spend so much time and give so much of yourself to it. I've tried to stop doing that, though these are the kind of things my mind is drawn to. Crap, it's better than the stuff I have to force my mind to focus on at work. All in all I don't think it's that important whether or not anyone ever finds Tomas' book, or whether it ever existed for that matter. I don't think it's important to figure out what 2109 is all about either. I think it's all a wild goose chase. I think the main thing is to let us know that there's more to this life than we can see.

Anyway, glad to hear you checking in, hope to speak with you again. Wishing you the best in all you do.

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Hi Eng, nice to see you. I had a brief discussion about TVP today and sent out a link to the google doc so decided to re-read it. I am glad I put page numbers for each entry, I noticed some things significant to me but it's too vague to think much about it.

In any case it has me thinking about the discussion of the editing and printing mistakes that were made. I believe that they were mentioned by Gary in one of is online posts, and I just wanted a refresher on what those mistakes were. Anyone remember what I am speaking about, and possibly have a link or a page number from this thread where it was discussed?

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Hey glad to see you checking back in. Sorry to say, I don't remember that discussion off the top of my head. I hope somebody that's still looking in does...

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

Luckily there is no hurry to find it. Hello to you Engi!

I just had a wild idea that may or may not pertain to our book. I remember thinking and I am sure we discussed here the fact that some of 2109 typing sometimes came off like "Leet" speak or texting culture today. Wasn't an integral part of any discussion but I know it took place.

There are some very commonly mistyped words in text due proximity of the starting letter and autocorrect I guess. For instance I have noticed that it is very common that "either" will end up in sentences where I am trying to text "with". It's because I mistakenly fat finger an "e" instead of "w" to start then follow with an "ith" which creates an "eith" on screen so once I hit space bar it autocorrects.

Sorry for explaining what is commonly understandable but figured I would flesh it all out to be specific about not just mispelling but entire word replacement that makes for an irrational statement.

I want to try and reread with that in mind to see if anything pops out. I am sure there are a host of other common words replaced for similar or exact reason as Either and With. Will probably be absolutely nothing but could be something I guess.

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Hi sputniksteve, we were talking about this back on page 14. Iirc, it had to do with the possible links between 7/25.

edit on 30-7-2022 by dffrntkndfnml because: grammar

edit on 30-7-2022 by dffrntkndfnml because: added last sentance more specific

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Hey, how's it going? I'm glad I checked in today to find your post. I'm glad you did take the time to explain that 'commonly understandable' thing you describe above. My brain is so worn out from my job and trying to understand all the technical papers I have to read through and I just don't have the mental energy to try to unwrap the simplest things when I visit a website that I visit strictly for pleasure and a sort of escape. Haha, now who's trying to explain a commonly understandable thing...?
Anyway, I don't remember that being discussed, but that doesn't mean anything. I don't remember a car my wife had 5 years ago even though she showed me a picture of it in our driveway! What you discuss above makes me want to go back and re-read TVP again and I haven't even thought of doing that for a long long time. I think if we find examples of this it could potentially be a big thing. I don't know, worth a look anyway.
Nice seeing you here!

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

Awesome! Hey dude! How's it going? Sorry I just fell off and stopped responding to any emails. My head got weird for a while, you know?

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

Who knows if we actually discussed the concept earlier or not, honestly my memory seems to be pretty funky now a days as well. The book has been on my mind the last month or so though, due to a surprise meeting with someone.

I was house sitting for a friend of a friend for 10 days, out of town. It turned out there was a woman still living on the property while I was there, that has some illness so couldn't care for the pets which was why I was there. We discovered on day 2 I think, that we both had a common interest in a local conspiracy theory from the 80's/90's. It was something that I kind of obsessed over previously because it was local, and I later found some very personal connections to it. To my surprise, she was actually involved and had friends or colleagues murdered. It was a fantastic opportunity to make a new friend and discuss some heavy stuff. I am being vague because it is heavy stuff, and she suffered greatly and I think it's my duty to protect her by not spelling things out.

In any case it lead to me asking if she was interested in other topics of this nature, and she allowed me to talk her ear off during the evenings while she attempted to read the book before I left. It was extremely fun to finally find a real life willing participant in the telling of the story! LOL.

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 12:44 PM
link   

It's all good, exploring this area can be very intense. There's a lot of life to live, it's good to take breaks and enjoy all it's areas. I understand, and it's good to see you revisit the thread.

Hopefully you've been well, it's always nice having you share your thoughts in our community.

I haven't really thought too much about the TVP lately, I like looking online to check for podcasts and videos of others discovering the story. There's a subreddit that sometimes gets posts, and I try to keep the thread in mind when I read about some of the topics are being touched on in other places.

I've been working lots, and that's limited my more esoteric explorations. With the heat wave we've been experiencing in the Lower Mainland working out in the sun has been exhausting. I have been trying to rest more actively and enjoy ATS in my downtime.

edit on 30-7-2022 by dffrntkndfnml because: Added last paragraph/a bit what I've been doing

edit on 30-7-2022 by dffrntkndfnml because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 07:22 PM
link   

To my surprise, she was actually involved and had friends or colleagues murdered.

Haha, I had to read this line over and over to finally get what you meant... I thought you were saying that she had people murdered, like, put out a hit on them...

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 07:33 AM
link   

S&F. Thanks for this. Glad I was checking the recently posted.

I'm going to read the book before I read the thread.

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 04:20 PM
link   
A couple of more recent thoughts to share about this.Someone on reddit suggested that the old BBC computers functioned a little differently from our modern tech. I believe they had mentioned the states of the switches in the computer using variable voltages, as opposed to being on or off in their switching. I found that an interesting suggestion as to why that particular computer may have been a vehicle for the back and forth that went on in the TVP.

Also there was an addendum added to the most recent print copy, that I hadn't seen in the Kobo version. I gave this copy to my mom to read, so I'm having a hard time remembering more specifically what it said. I'll try to quote it once she's done with it. Iirc, it was a brief message about the mechanics of what could have gone on in Dodleston...
edit on 31-7-2022 by dffrntkndfnml because: clarity

edit on 31-7-2022 by dffrntkndfnml because: spacing

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Thanks again. I was able to find the new version with the additions, but I admit to having skipped the tedious portion on ye olde thyme English.

You'll have a PM shortly.

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join