It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vertical Plane by Ken Webster - Is this proof of Time manipulation and travel or just a story?

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

I'll do my best to keep it going at least. I feel good, in a good place mentally, and very motivated as well as available.

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: dffrntkndfnml
a reply to: wtbengineer

Thinking over the TVP, covers alot of ground. It's challenging trying to narrow down facets to discuss. Lots of ideas have come up in this discussion.

I tried figuring out what happened in Canada in 1986. I was looking through online copies of National Geographic from then, but nothing stood out. I got the impression that it would have been something to do with science or an unusual phenomena of some kind.

What do you guys think about the connection between Nobodyspecial post on Fae and fairies and the egyptian gods and the symbol on the letter that Deb saw being egyptian? I know we can't currently verify what the symbol was, and I have tried please believe but it's a non-starter unfortunately.

I have to be honest, I wasn't ever sure what to make of their message until recently. I didn't know if it was all metaphor or not. I shouldn't have said the 2 threads have to be connected, that was crazy but I am very curious about the coincidence personally.

Also, when you are talking about Canada in 86, in what regard? I think it is what im thinking but want to make sure before I broach the subject.

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

I didn't go through all of the posts, so just in case this wasn't mention...

Google Chrome has an ePub extension Google Chrome Epub

The ePub Book is The Vertical Plane

Have fun, I may read it myself....

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve
What do you guys think about the connection between Nobodyspecial post on Fae and fairies and the egyptian gods and the symbol on the letter that Deb saw being egyptian? I know we can't currently verify what the symbol was, and I have tried please believe but it's a non-starter unfortunately.

I've been checking out that thread from time to time and taking another look. Someone earlier suggested the caduceus.

I have to be honest, I wasn't ever sure what to make of their message until recently. I didn't know if it was all metaphor or not. I shouldn't have said the 2 threads have to be connected, that was crazy but I am very curious about the coincidence personally.

Who's message did you have in mind? I started looking over this thread again, and feel much the same in perspective. I thought earlier what happened could be taken as a parable of sorts.(The book)

Also, when you are talking about Canada in 86, in what regard? I think it is what im thinking but want to make sure before I broach the subject.

Iirc, there was some discussion about something happening in Canada. Perhaps 1986? I remember mentioning the world's fair was held in Vancouver. Idk, if this was before or after the book was released once again.
edit on 10-3-2021 by dffrntkndfnml because: spelling and grammar

edit on 10-3-2021 by dffrntkndfnml because: clarity

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

The message I was talking about, was what Nobodyspecial had been posting for the last couple pages of that thread. All the stuff about fairies and fae and the connection to egyptian gods.

Ok, could it have been a story you heard from a member that wasn't posted in the thread? The person that was here but left.

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 11:41 PM
link   
It was me. I remembered an earlier post before the book came out again. I was looking at connections between 1941ish/1986ish/Canada/7/25. I didn't recall correctly,lol. Nothing came to me, after reading the book. We were spitballing.

I looked over the other thread. Idk enough about Egyptian mythology, or the fae to give an informed opinion. I tend to relate to those ideas as archetypes.

edit on 10-3-2021 by dffrntkndfnml because: grammar

edit on 11-3-2021 by dffrntkndfnml because: clarity

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Ok there was talk about an event in Canada involving Gary Rowe. When I asked about the event finally I was just told the person who told me was crazy or didn't know what they were talking about and we left it at that. If you know what im talking about it should make sense and I think you may.

I also believed they were just archtypes, and I am not claiming they aren't, but Nobodyspecial is certainly claiming they are more than just archtypes. Im just giving the benefit of the doubt to see what can be turned over, but other than having a somewhat good reason to trust Nobodyspecial I don't know any more than you most likely. We do know for sure there was an egyptian symbol on the letter given to Gary that Deb was unhappy or uncomfortable with. I can't come up with any other explanation myself so figured I would use the one given to me for now.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I realized last night, have y'all read TVP now or still just going off thread and podcasts? I talk like EVERYBODY has read the book which is my mistake, sorry.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Good morning Steve. Please check your u2u's.

Have a great day

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Briefly, I get the impression nobodyspecial understands much better what he is talking about. Idk enough to connect those dots.

I've gobbled up as much as possible about the TVP, exploring others feedback online and studying the book...

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Hi guys, just a quick note that might explain 'archetypes' in relation to 'gods'.

Perhaps I can offer a few personal observations.

In the past I worked on cases with European Rosicrucians who used the word 'archetype' a lot in reference to certain unseen Beings we were looking into at the time. I could never understand their usage of the word archetype.

I think we were looking at two different yet connected things.

I think the reason may stem from how human thinking has changed over the last three hundred years.

It has been a few decades since I read any of Rudolph Steiner's lectures. He said a few interesting things here and there in those lectures.

One was that he seemed to lament the loss of the 'peasant mind' in the population. I can only speculate on what he meant by 'peasant mind'. The old way of seeing the world being replaced by the scientific view is my thought.

He also mentioned that the Nature Beings once lived within the organs of man. I find that so; the organs contained within the mesentery. Steiner also stated that the Nature Beings would return to the organs in the future.

My only opinion here is that the development of the mental faculties in man needed to develop within the absence of the Nature Beings.

That gives an outline of stages of consciousness development in man.

Coincidentally, the industrial revolution in England emptied the rural areas of children which were sold to the mines and the mills. This had the effect of removing a huge pool of children touched by the Fae from the population. The cities became the main population centres.

Now enter Jungian and Freudian psychology. These two disciplines shifted the memories of the Fae to being a load of folk-tales and superstitions. Jung in particular developed the idea of archetypes to explain 'myths'.

I would suggest that in western thinking there have been created enduring mental thought-forms called 'archetypes' in the psyche of occidental man. Thought-forms are creations of the intellect, and exist within the intellect.

So perhaps this may go a small way in suggesting that the idea of archetypes is a recent label that we now superimpose on the Fae, fairies and other Beings that fit the description.

The effect is; most folks dismiss the Fae and gods as archetypes rather than real Beings. This is, one might say; a part of the process of estrangement to shift humanity from instinctual intelligence and knowing, to rely only on the intellect.

Basically we can see the thought-form, or we can look past that and try to find the hidden Being. One might say that Jungian psychology has occulted the Beings of Nature.

It was not that long ago that the Fae were common knowledge and that knowledge has been scrubbed from history for a purpose.

Interestingly, an old dictionary of mine includes a medical looking word that has disappeared;

Nympholepsy; a form of frenzy said to have possessed one who looked upon a nymph while bathing.

It seems that encounters with wood-nymphs in the forest were a problem not so long ago.

Human looking girls with three pairs of dragonfly wings, yet to look into their countenance one does not know if one is looking into a human face or the face of a dragonfly. I can never work that one out.

Gotta go, only a brief time to spend on ATS.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I still need to read todays updates but wanted to report a strange dream I had last night before I forget again. It just suddenly popped back into my head when I was stepping into the shower.

I was in the dream, not sure where I was but I was in front of a female. Something happened and I suddenly had the realization inside the dream that it wasn't my perspective I was experiencing, but rather someone elses. Like I was dreaming as if I wasn't me. Once I had that realization in the dream, the woman approached and pushed me in my shoulder knocking me down. Once I was knocked down I immediate woke up from the dream.

At the time of waking up, I remembered the dream enough to try and think about it as I was going back to sleep. It is so weird how we can be absolutely certain we will remember a significant or profound dream the next morning, only to completely forget about it in most cases. I am not saying I think my dream was significant, it was just very "different", but I was certain I would never forget it. I guess you could argue I didn't, but I damn near almost did lol.

I wonder if that is just some kind of mechanism our brain uses to help us not be frantic and freaked out every day while we are awake. I reckon if we remembered every single dream or experience while sleeping it could present as quite stressful for a person.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: dffrntkndfnml

Briefly, I get the impression nobodyspecial understands much better what he is talking about. Idk enough to connect those dots.

I've gobbled up as much as possible about the TVP, exploring others feedback online and studying the book...

We are pretty much in the same boat. I know the connection is very tenuous, but it is at least something to work on in my opinion. I have hundreds of emails between Gary and I and haven't reviewed them in a very long time, so I may be discussing knowledge that wasn't relevant at the time to share here, or that I just wasn't able to share. I have to kind of compartmentalize a lot just out of respect and privacy but there is so much overlap I am not always sure when I am talking about our general use info and my specific non general info.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: NobodySpecial268

Thank you for providing that little update, much appreciated for this conversation. I want to always digest your information a little bit before I comment too much, as it is thought provoking. However your suppositions seem very rational and reasonable. Even if it turns out to not be relevant to this specific book, it's fascinating and relevant to discussions I have outside of ATS. Very convenient timing considering a conversation I am having with my cousin in fact. Honestly I think he knows quite a bit more than he lets on, has very similar interests but I think he is less naive about it all than I am lol. To be fair he is far more educated than I am and also has a lot tighter lips than I do, and always has. He has legit credibility which I don't, so I don't blame him for not wanting to damage it.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: NobodySpecial268

Thanks for sharing your insights, nobodyspecial268. The Fae and fairies are an area I haven't looked into very much before.

When I think about my relationship with nature, I typically think about the elements. I feel those who have lived a more rural lifestyle are more sensitive to those areas of life. I live in the city, but am fortunate that we have a great mix of parks, trails, and wildlife around these parts. Most of my time outdoors is spent in more high density areas. I do construction for a living.

I consider myself sensitive, and understand individuals sensitivity can vary alot. This reminds me of browsing books at one of our local malls. A couple of fellow shoppers struck up a conversation about astrology. Someone was sharing their insights about that subtle influence, and I was deeply impressed by their comments. Crafts are cool and all, but it's putting one's heart into it that raises that passion into art.

I believe there's a wide range of perception varying between individuals, so I tend to practice giving others the benefit of the doubt. I believe there are layered planes of existence. Brings to mind clairvoyance and other abilities some are gifted with as they mature spiritually.

I felt lonely before, looking to understand the other side of life. It's challenging trying to describe these things with others. Reminds me of climbing a mountain and not seeing anybody else for a long time.

Fortunately others have had similar aspirations, and you tend to run into each other. I felt naive realizing that. I guess what I'm trying to say is there are always individuals who are ahead or behind us in our spiritual journey. I like to think we practice looking out for each other.

The gods. I lean toward thinking man most dignified, is a beautiful thing. I think someone described it as homo solaris before. The Saints come to mind (I have a mostly universal perspective about those things. I have met others who remind of some of the gods too, I think that is a function of my familiarity with their images and the way they express themselves. As to the physical reality of these beings, it's something I like to keep open minded about.

In times past, things were different. I even ponder the influence of our earth's relative position in the universe and figure that comes into play when considering the energies we have to work with.

edit on 12-3-2021 by dffrntkndfnml because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I am interested in some recommended reading for this Fae and Fairy topic if anyone has some. Any superb videos that are informational would be appreciated as well. I feel ignorant for not having ever paid any attention to such a well known and common "legend". I wouldn't be surprised to discover there is far more to it than we have been lead to believe, simply because it is so "out in front" of our culture but probably not in our consciousness. If you know what I mean.

I feel like it's a bit of a metaphor for life and the search to find meaning in it. For a majority of my life I was searching for meaning and experience and anything that could provide me evidence that there even was meaning. I was constantly focused on the future and what it would bring instead of recognizing what was right in front of me the whole time. I still do it now even, but like to believe I am more present more often at least.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Evans-wentz- the fae folk

www.amazon.com.au...=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=evanswentz+the+fae+folk&qid=1615608793 &sr=8-1

Humans change when they become intellectual and capable of Abstract thought, it's to do with the sympathetic nervous system and the brain. Ancient peoples were a lot more sensitive and in touch with nature, therefore had a lot more contact with the other world.
The last groups like this were peasants around rural areas of the UK, and EVans Wentz interviewed them, it's a great book.
Now a "sensitive" medium, would see strange looking humanoid beings when they make contact, but a human with a metaphysically integrated personality will only see "UFO" like beings, and ethereal sparks and lights.

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DrWolfgang

RIghteous thank you. Don't I feel silly. As soon as I saw your name I remembered you had a post I needed to read still.

Could you have come and explained it sooner?Lol. That is a crazy interesting explanation you offered 2 pages back that I missed till now. Wow dude. I mean, are you guessing or you know things we don't? I am dying to hear more on this.
edit on 3/13/2021 by sputniksteve because: doh

edit on 3/13/2021 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Trying to relate the things we see to others is difficult for me too. I know the mountain feeling. I live alone in a small rural town and work alone inspecting government infrastructure in remote areas. So the Fae and others like that are my only real friends these days apart from family and a few human friends I see occasionally.

I lean toward thinking man most dignified, is a beautiful thing. I think someone described it as homo solaris before.

Man can be the most wonderful of creatures when dignified, rare these days. Rarer still is to see adults with the innocent emotions of children without the ulterior motives. Children have ulterior motives I know, yet when they see a wonder there is a special simple delight. I sit and watch people at the shopping malls and as they age there is a gradual turning to stone. Sad to see.

Here is a thought for you. Surrounding the planetary Earth are two aetheric layers. One is planetary, and the other belongs to humanity.

These aetheric layers are creative in a special way and with a special function. The only thing I can compare it to is the creative universe of stars to be found inside a woman's womb when the child is being grown.

If people only knew . . .

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Does being alive need a meaning?

Life can be seen as becoming. Babies become children who become adolescents who become adults.

Since this is the desire world, the world works on desire. What do we desire to become?

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join