It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vertical Plane by Ken Webster - Is this proof of Time manipulation and travel or just a story?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

What you are going through with this is exceedingly typical. It might appear that taking a break has no connection, but I would propose it does.

I'm sure there is some label for it that is skipping my mind, kind of the opposite of a dark night of the soul, but once enough time has passed you will likely see this experience repeated in others. I think of it as opening that first door that is not only "locked," but "hidden." There are countless numbers of them, but that first one can be a doozy and we want EVERYONE to share in it even if that isn't quite how it works. It can also lead directly into a "DNotS," so watch out for that and take care of yourself.

The universe is still a wild place despite all our attempts at civilization.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Hope everyone is doing well. I haven't read this book yet, and not sure if I should or will but I reckon we may find it quite interesting in light of things. I hope someone checks it out.

Chronicles From The Future: The amazing story of Paul Amadeus Dienach

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Glad you're still here. I just bought that book, I'll let you know what I think when I'm done. It sounds promising but who knows?

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

I couldn't help myself and downloaded last night. I'm just now at the spot when he has removed the bandages. I look forward to discussing it. I'll wait until we have both finished to post anything else.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Haha, yes, that sounds like a plan. I'm not that far in yet I guess, I haven't read anything about bandages yet. But so far I find it hard to put down.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

That book by Dienach is definitely an interesting one!

There are quite a few interesting books on time out there. Ironically, in the context of the thread, The Vertical Plane is one I haven't read.

Some have been mentioned, like J.W. Dunne's An Experiment with Time. I'd also suggest books like A Sideways Look at Time by Griffiths even if its a bit dry and.. "long." Arguably, more popular fiction books like Lewis's Narnia Chronicles, l'Engles Time Quartet and even The Thiaoouba Prophecy by Demarquet could be of interest and helpful in exploring the topic without succumbing to a specific framework.

Those are only off the top of my head though, over the years I've collected quite a few that I found fascinating.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

That book by Dienach is definitely an interesting one!

There are quite a few interesting books on time out there. Ironically, in the context of the thread, The Vertical Plane is one I haven't read.

Some have been mentioned, like J.W. Dunne's An Experiment with Time. I'd also suggest books like A Sideways Look at Time by Griffiths even if its a bit dry and.. "long." Arguably, more popular fiction books like Lewis's Narnia Chronicles, l'Engles Time Quartet and even The Thiaoouba Prophecy by Demarquet could be of interest and helpful in exploring the topic without succumbing to a specific framework.

Those are only off the top of my head though, over the years I've collected quite a few that I found fascinating.

Excellent thanks. I won't have nearly the free time or determination to get into any of them like I did TVP but I look forward to reading or rereading all of those eventually.

For the record, I didn't leave the thread due to misfortune or stress. It was quite the opposite. I totally get the concern y'all had and it was warranted. I'm sure I must have looked pretty crazy at the end there, and may have been a little bit even. I'm cool as a polar bear tits though, and only getting cooler. I'll definitely have to keep that in check going forward though.

Having my best day today I hope you guys do too.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Personally, I never thought it was stress or misfortune. Maybe call it "born again syndrome," or something. It could easily be a whole topic into itself, and an interesting one.

My own hypothesis is that it is the result of expanding, or modifying, our perceptual framework. Many go through their entire life without knowing it is even possible, despite the fact it is how we come into the world. That said, there is an immense difference between when we are doing nothing but that expansion, leveraged by "learning," and when it happens to a relatively solidified framework of understanding.

It is my opinion that it is our natural state of growth on levels that we do not currently understand.

In that, it is the basis behind everything from "enlightenment" to being "born again," all depending on an individuals Cultural Story. One of the biggest differences being that before, and even during, we see it as some sort of end goal/end game, when it is more the first step on an infinite staircase, the first spring in an endless cycle of seasons. The next big step coming from expanding our framework to encompass the seasonal process itself, rather than just the spring, and then beyond. And, make no mistake, there is so much "beyond."

My warning was about the frequent dark night of the soul-type experience after everything has calmed down, or Fall/Winter in the seasonal context. I'd still caution to be on the lookout for it and if it happens, just know its completely typical. Usually, you would look for it anywhere from a month to six months after the fact.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Seems to me that you have nailed it right on the head. I do get the heads up, and appreciate it greatly. I think I have maybe gotten a little taste of that in some ways already but it's possible I am just attributing other factors to it. Either way it has been the most unbelievable 2 months out an already incredible 12 months that I ever could have imagined. Seems to just keep going as well. If I am not the luckiest human being to ever live, then I am probably average for this "experience" and in some fantastic company. If you would have asked me a year ago if I thought any of this was possible or if I even deserved it, it would have been a resolute NO to both. I can only hope that I am making enough changes and improvements to make it all worth it, or be worthy of the time spent on me.

Cheers man. Thanks for being so damn cool.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

What do you think engi? Pretty damn interesting in my humble opinion, and keeps becoming more so.

It certainly touches on concepts we are all familiar with, and others that I can confirm from my own experience and learnings. Not that any of those are super duper profound or anything but certainly leads me to believe that however this book was written and by whom, it is at least based on some "reality" for what ever that term is worth.

I have noticed in my every day life that I run into concepts in media and pop culture all the time that at least seem to be onto something whether the creator of said media truly realized it or not.

I am not too terribly far into this still but I can't help but think back to Cloud Atlas which I watched for the first time a few weeks ago. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

On a completely unrelated note, I had cool thing happen this morning. A couple weeks ago I used a $2 bill I had received a few weeks prior to that on a lotto ticket when it was a half billion. The numerology on the bill was quite significant so i felt maybe it would be my lucky day. Alas I didn't win, and then regretted spending that bill. This morning I came in the coffee shop and in the tip jar was 2 $2 bills. I asked the girl if I could buy one or both of them, to replace mine. She randomly let me buy 1 of them that she has chosen for me. When i looked at it, it had all of the same "important" numbers in the same places, and is from the same run as the bill I replaced. It was close enough to being the same bill in all aspects that matter to me. It's almost a decade old too so it's not like it wouldn't be likely to run into almost the same bill.

I got a great laugh out of that.

Hope anyone reading has their best day.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I'm probably not as far in as you yet, so I think I'll reserve my opinion until I have a little more under my belt. One thing that kind of bothers me though is the words they use for some things like Ilectors and Lorffes, and unge. These strike me as made up, but I could be wrong. I mean, in almost 2000 years I guess language goes through incredible changes. How far back does the English language even go? And look how much that's changed in just hundreds of years. I don't know, I'm trying to ignore that feeling when I see these words and just read to get the meaning and follow the story and when I have enough of it under my belt I'll comment on whether or not I think it's a real diary or a novel.

Cool stuff for you today, I had a good day too! Got a lot done at least. Kegged a batch of homebrewed beer from my brand new stainless steel conical fermenter and also made a big step in another personal project that I can't really discuss here... Gonna play a little music tonight maybe learn a song or something who knows.

And what's Cloud Atlas?

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I remember what else really bugged me about this book. Why would people still be driving around in cars??? Especially ones that people have to pilot themselves. We're on the verge now of riding around in automated vehicles how could people have to drive around in cars in close to 2 thousand years in the future?

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Is this related to the "Skole" experiments?

I just found out about the "Skole" experiments just last week. I had never heard of either of these events until now.

In the Skole experiments, they were able to receive "gifts" through a portal.

I'm still reading about it.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Hey dude. Cloud Atlas is just a movie that came out a while ago. Just a fun watch is all.

From what I understand they are actually piloting "flying" vehicles rather than driving things around. I can't really claim that makes it more believable or less. I think we probably need to consider though that it is all be described by a man living in 1920, so his context is quite different than ours in 2017.

My PDF wasn't the full book apparently so I still need to finish 2/3s of it at least.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: galaga

I remember hearing about Skole a while ago but haven't looked into it. I will try and do that tonight.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Yeah, Scole is very interesting too, you might want to start a thread about that once you finish looking into it...

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Are you poking fun at me!? I'm just teasing. I have so dang much on my plate right now I am not entirely sure how i am even accomplishing it all let alone adding too much more. My studies are already falling way behind this week. Woh is me. Woh is me.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

No no, not poking fun at all man. Just have a lot going on myself, I don't have time to start threads myself... You have little ones? I think I remember you posting that. I do, and between that and work and everything else I am just slammed. Did you look into the Scole experiments? I think there's probably a lot of threads on that here already you could find out all you want from them.

I'm still trying to plug away at Chronicles from the Future, I don't have a lot of time to read. Mostly in the bathroom... lol

Wanted to clarify that I mostly read in the bathroom... I went back and read that and it sounded like I was saying I didn't have time to read because I was always in the bathroom.

edit on 9/10/2017 by wtbengineer because: clarify

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Good morning! Going to be my best day ever today! I had the most wonderful, longest, most cohesive dream last night. A Scottish princess and I fell in love and I got to live in a castle with her and the King. It was just like a rom-com where I had to outwit the guards in order to profess my love. She was beautiful and kind, and even got to watch a golf tournament from the palace grounds. It was the most realistic dream I can ever remember. My soul aches still, 30 minutes after waking up. It's going to be with me all day I'm afraid.

In any case no I totally forgot to look up Skole due to promising my mother I would watch an episode of a TV show she has been telling me to watch. Can't let mom down, I love her too much. I do have a little one, and a not so little one too. I also started a new job last week and quit F'ing around wasting my free time and started acting like a real life adult so i try and limit my online time to the bathroom as well. Luckily for me that gives me a minimum of 1 hour lol! My wife still questions that habit after 8 years. Some habits die hard I guess.

I am pretty sure most of the world does there interneting from the porcelain throne engi, we are in good company. As soon as I post this I'll spend 30 mins looking up Skole and comment on it tonight.
edit on 9/11/2017 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: galaga

Ah, now I remember why I was interested in Skole! I think I heard about it on coast to coast a decade ago but didn't know how they spelled Skole.

In any case no it isn't directly related as far as I know. However I think some here may enjoy a movie I recently watched called "The Discovery".

It is about a man who proves that there is an afterlife. The world starts freaking out and many commit suicide to hasten getting to experience it. Much more to it, but don't want to spoil it. It's a bit of a mind F, not spooky or sci-fi. I liked it, and I think that idea has some merit.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join