It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Mandela Effect discovered - Cow Tails/Tales?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
You posted pictures of cow's bums.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Has anyone heard of an African country called Mauritania, I am sure that never existed and was Western Sahara, apparently it gained independence from France in the 1960s

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I always thought the spelling was stupid. Thought it should be spelled "tails", finding myself frustrated (during childhood) that they were spelled "tales".

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: faint1993
I always thought the spelling was stupid. Thought it should be spelled "tails", finding myself frustrated (during childhood) that they were spelled "tales".

I remember it as "tales" also.

The reason that I remember is because of a conversation I had with my daughter when she was young, which must have been in the late 1990s or 2000s. She asked me why it was spelled "tales" and not "tails". I honestly had never noticed until she asked (I would have guessed it was "tails"), and I told her it must be a play on words, with "tale" as in "story"...

...granted, I admitted that I had no idea what such a play on words means -- i.e., why "tales"? That specific question is something I thought about a few times since then, and is why I remember that conversation 15+ years later.

However, the reason doesn't matter, because the point is that I distinctly remember it being "tales" in the late 1990s or so, and wondering what the reason was for the play on words was for, if there was a reason.

edit on 12/7/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Amazon was selling phone covers with adult diaper pictures.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jinn82
Has anyone heard of an African country called Mauritania, I am sure that never existed and was Western Sahara, apparently it gained independence from France in the 1960s

As a huge fan of Europa Universalis .. yes I know the name Mauritania.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

When I was young, we used to be able to buy sweets called "gobstoppers" (because they had the effect of stopping up the "gob", or mouth). Then one day they were re-labelled as "Whoppa stoppers". it seems that somebody thought the original term was too vulgar to be used commercially.

When were you young and has this even happened yet?

Are you posting from the future?

Here, in Australia, they are still called Gobstoppers.

There was a moment in my childhood when the label on the jar in my local shop changed from "Gobstoppers" to "Whoppa stoppers". Presumably just that particular supplier.

well then the explanation then is that the whole candy shop was in another reality.

You walked in to the store and you were in a reality where Gobstoppers are called Wonkastoppers, you walk through the "doorway" back outside into the normal reality where Gobstoppers are still Gobstoppers.

it seems that somebody thought the original term was too vulgar to be used commercially.

I think W#nkastoppers is more vulgar if you use your imagination which would need to do for both if one was trying to suss out vulgar the name sounds.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale
I will repost the more specific reply I made to somebody else;

There was a moment in my childhood when the label on the jar in my local shop changed from "Gobstoppers" to "Whoppa stoppers". Presumably just that particular supplier.

So it happened locally rather than globally. It still happened. I noticed it because I recognised the new name as absurdly meaningless (like "cow tales"). My post was making a point about company behaviour.

...more vulgar if you use your imagination which would need to do for both if one was trying to suss out vulgar the name sounds.

I remember being rebuked for using the expression "shut your gob", and being told to use "mouth" instead. The policy was obviously governed by what local society at the time thought was vulgar, not by the standards of a different society fifty years later.

edit on 13-7-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: wastedown
I started playing guitar in 84. I guess you could call me "Old School".

I have always known it as Hamer.

Typically, on the Slammer, the logo was different. Most say "Slammer" on the headstock with "By Hamer" below it in a much smaller font.

There was also the "Hamer Slammer series" with a different logo.

The main font for Hamer has changed a few times but has kept the long curly tails on the "H" and "R" of Hamer.

I have heard friends, bandmates and strangers call it "The Hammer Slammer" as long as I can remember. I've always understood that just as a nickname for the model.

I'm not saying i'm right, that's just how I have experienced it.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: abago71

Right on... you have about 4 years on me.

ETA#
The logo I recall is/was HAMMER with all White capital letters outlined in Black the hockey stick headstock almost covered by it. SLAMMER was a stylized script in Red much smaller kind of hand written below and touching the MMER of HAMMER. The hockey stick is the reason for the name. I never owned one. My 1st good one was a Kramer. Funny, rhymes with Hamer.

That is the thing not everyone is affected by every "event". I wonder if we have always slipped between different but almost identical "Universes" all the time. If we do in fact alter the outcome of events simply by observation, that seems the only logical way it could function and us not ALL go insane. These variations were always there but the world is linked together speaking a single language. Binary ie the positive and negative flow of electrons.

Once we compare notes more variances become apparent for more people that before would have gone unnoticed. The fact is the numbers are far too high to statistically place the blame on Faulty Memory alone.

Could be that the "New Place" the DWave Quantum Computer keeps tapping into each time a new one is started isn't new at all and this is how they test which one connects where.

I'm just SpitBallin' here. It's a fun topic to explore.
edit on 14-7-2017 by wastedown because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-7-2017 by wastedown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   
The same thing happened with DuckTails

Awoohoo

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: wastedown
I think the Kramer Stryker was very similar to the Slammer. I've had a few Kramer's, but that was a long time ago and my memory isn't what it used to be. (yes, I admit I have memory issues. It is a side effect of my medications, although I like to blame the ME).

I believe the "Hamer SLAMMER series" used a different font than "Slammer by Hamer". One of them did cover the majority of the headstock but I don't remember which one. I think it was the Slammer series. Not sure anymore.

BTW, I've got a George Lynch model ESP with a reverse hockey stick headstock. The guitar is awesome with the exception of the tremolo.

Like you said, this is a very fun topic to explore.

ANY ME claim that involves a Logo from a corporation, I immediately dismiss. Rebranding, updated logos etc...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join