It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outraged Republicans want answers from Trump Jr

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretsoftheBlueApples
Where's the outrage for all the Democrats who by their own emails tried to influence the election. Where's the investigation on these Dushe Canoes?
a reply to: olaru12

Got any links to those emails?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: SecretsoftheBlueApples
Where's the outrage for all the Democrats who by their own emails tried to influence the election. Where's the investigation on these Dushe Canoes?

Got any links to those emails?

btw.....I'm all for letting the Mueller investigation go forward. This Russian thing isn't going away no matter how much the Trump supporters want it to.

deal with it....
edit on 12-7-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Dems and some Repubs are throwing anything they possibly can at Trump . Getting worse
In other news the crackdown on pedophile rings is escalating.....
Hmm.....

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

LOL...Even Trey Gowdy is pissed! He said that Trump and Co all need to go see a doctor to get treated for amnesia!

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: nfflhome
Whats wrong with listening to someone that has dirt on your opponent anyway?
Dont see anything wrong here.

Campaign law.

Legal experts say Donald Trump Jr has just confessed to a federal crime

The statute in question is 52 USC 30121, 36 USC 510 — the law governing foreign contributions to US campaigns. There are two key passages that apply here. This is the first:

A foreign national shall not, directly or indirectly, make a contribution or a donation of money or other thing of value, or expressly or impliedly promise to make a contribution or a donation, in connection with any Federal, State, or local election.

The crucial phrase here is “other thing of value,” legal experts tell me. It means that the law extends beyond just cash donations. Foreigners are also banned from providing other kinds of contributions that would be the functional equivalent of a campaign donation, just provided in the form of services rather than goods. Like, say, damaging information the Russian government collected about Hillary Clinton.
Here’s the second important passage of the statute: “No person shall knowingly solicit, accept, or receive from a foreign national any contribution or donation prohibited by [this law].”

The key word from Trump Jr., according to University of California Irvine election law expert Rick Hasen, is “solicit,” which has a very specific meaning in this context. To quote the relevant statute:

A solicitation is an oral or written communication that, construed as reasonably understood in the context in which it is made, contains a clear message asking, requesting, or recommending that another person make a contribution, donation, transfer of funds, or otherwise provide anything of value.

Trump Jr. was clearly soliciting information that he knew was coming from a foreign source. Given that political campaigns regularly pay thousands of dollars to opposition researchers to dig up dirt, it seems like damaging information on Clinton would constitute something “of value” to the Trump campaign.

The solicitation bit is why it doesn’t matter if Trump Jr. actually got useful information. The part that’s illegal, according to the experts I spoke to, is trying to acquire dirt on Clinton from a foreign source, not successfully acquiring it. And his statement more or less admits that he did, in fact, solicit this information.

Heck, I am an American living in Australia and I couldn't even get the 2012 Obama Campaign to send me a souvenir birth certificate mug because they were so careful to not violate campaign law.

The Trump's are incredibly incompetent as a whole and they try to make up for it by hiring sycophants instead of competent people.
edit on 13/7/2017 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join