It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Valve Just Updated Half-Life 20 Years After Release ... Half-Life 3 to Follow ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Half-Life , probably the most legendary of PC games only eclipsed by Half-Life 2 has just received an update that Valve say is to address crashing issues for the as many as 3 people still playing and experiencing issues

The suspicious (hopeful) part of me thinks that patching a 20 year old game that fewer than a few people are still playing is a little curious , it also reminds me that Half-Life was released on the 8th November 1998 so the 20th anniversary of the most legendary PC game of all time is next year.

Which leads me to suspect .... Half-Life 3 Confirmend !! , November 2018 ... In VR.

You know it makes sense.

steamcommunity.com...

edit on 12-7-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
QHAT SAY ITS SO LORD GABEN!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
And here I thought there was going to be some information about radioactivity.

sigh...

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Most legendary?
I think that title belongs to either Starcraft or Diablo 2.
But it's up there.

The thing is. A lot of (smart) game developers and company's know their old titles still sell. But they were meant for older technology and to last on systems and platforms that were predicted for 10 years or so. They did not predict people would still be playing Diablo 2 or Age of Empires 2 or even Half Life well into it's second decade, it needs to be updated for the newer technology.
EA and Blizzard have done this to many of their games.

Also, there can't be a HL 3 ... hence why the meme even exists.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

~Morpheus

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Every time half life 3 is dubbed confirmed Gaben pushes it back 2 years

From what I know the wait is for VR to be a decent viable contender for serious gaming, so I won't hold my breath just yet.

*oh how disappointment dulls the knife of excitement*
edit on 12/7/2017 by Learningman because: beer

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

The thing is GabN said Half-Life 2 was supposed to have three episodes but only two were delivered , we are owed an episode.

GabN is an innovator and with the adoption of VR I thing the time is right for Valve to jump in and show the industry the way forward as they did with Half-Life , the 20th anniversary would be perfect symbolic timing I think.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I THINK that the episodes were stopped in part as they weren't very good and didn't offer enough new, and we know HL is something they view as boundary pushing, so the story was saved for new technological developments. Who knows though.

All I want is iron sights/scope view.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Half-Life , probably the most legendary of PC games only eclipsed by Half-Life 2 has just received an update that Valve say is to address crashing issues for the as many as 3 people still playing and experiencing issues

The suspicious (hopeful) part of me thinks that patching a 20 year old game that fewer than a few people are still playing is a little curious , it also reminds me that Half-Life was released on the 8th November 1998 so the 20th anniversary of the most legendary PC game of all time is next year.

Which leads me to suspect .... Half-Life 3 Confirmend !! , November 2018 ... In VR.

You know it makes sense.

steamcommunity.com...

Ummm...yup...it's getting time to dust off..."The Orange Box"...

I have to agree...it's one of my fave game series...

I might even break down and buy a new console...well...A slightly used new to me console anyhow...

Thanx

YouSir

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Half-Life 3 Confirmend !! , November 2018 ... In VR.

VAPORWARE

Sorry, but I have more faith in Gabe Newell's ability to demolish any buffet he encounters than in his ability/willingness to push forward with HL3.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Agreed. I'm still hoping parts 1 and 2 get ported to Android and/or IOS. Not counting on it, just hoping.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Ye of little faith , the time is now... well , next year.
Duke Nukem was Vaporware until it was released.

Yeah I know Duke was poor but in Valve we trust.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Puh-lease.

Wolfenstein surely has the mantle of most legendary. Or, D00M.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

Half-ilfe 1 and 2 are on android already.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthsSword
Puh-lease.

Ummm...Doom 3 and Resurrection I must admit is some good gaming...I also like the Dead Space series as well...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: nemonimity

Half-ilfe 1 and 2 are on android already.
Thanks, appreciated!

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

no prob! Invest in a blue tooth controller

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthsSword
Puh-lease.

Ummm...Doom 3 and Resurrection I must admit is some good gaming...I also like the Dead Space series as well...

YouSir

I would vote for DOOM. Wolfenstein was amazing when I first played the shareware release and it instantly hooked me on what would eventual become the FPS genre, but DOOM's multiplayer took gaming to a whole new dimension that changed everything. DOOM 2016 was pretty darn good, too, but not legendary. I'm playing through Prey 2017 right now, which uses a modified DOOM 2016 engine- we've come a long way, but it all goes back to 1993's early Christmas present from ID software.

I'm looking forward to Half-Life 3!
edit on 7132017 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
don't get my hopes up

Sooo excited right now. I know what I'm playing after work.

GORDON!!!!

-Alee

top topics

join