It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Troops in Syria?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
www.veteranstoday.com...

Any traction for this story from VT? US building an airbase on Sarrin plains?

Any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Salander

As far as appearance that base is of the expedient type. The use of that tractor to construct the walls made of giant sandbags, the domed shelters, the dirt tarmac image (unpaved) where the C130 sits.

Not the only troops in country either. Besides that US attack aircraft overfly Syria daily, the artillery stationed in country, there are "special" forces actively 'advising' the insurgency to topple Assad.

Thanks for bringing it, glad to see ATS show anything besides the Trump circus .

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Salander

I was reading earlier that the US has about 7 bases and may be thinking about making then permanent . OK found it

Iran, therefore, is clearly poised to un-doing the Saudi-US regional agenda. In this context, the missile strike has amply demonstrated not only the extent to which it can go, but also shown who it can target in the region. ISIS is far from the only force and entity that the Iranian missiles can wash away. This is pretty evident from the official message given by the Chief of Staff of Iran’s armed forces, Gen. Mohammad Hossein Baqueri, who said in the next morning after the strike, “Iran is among the world’s big powers in the missile field. They (read the US and its allies) don’t have the capability to engage in conflict with us at present, and of course, we don’t intend to involve in clashes with them, but we are in permanent rivalry with them in different fields, including the missile sector.”

Gen. Ramazan Sharif of the Guard told state television in an interview, “The Saudis and Americans are especially receivers of this message,” he said. “Obviously and clearly, some reactionary countries of the region, especially Saudi Arabia, had announced that they are trying to bring insecurity into Iran.”
Gen. Yahya Rahim Safavi, a military aide to Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei, had specifically forewarned Washington last Wednesday that “if the US decides to start any war against Iran, all its military bases in the region will experience insecurity.” journal-neo.org...

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Thanks for the input. Yes, I suspect Iran will not like that and neither will Syria or Russia.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

So sad. Remember the Syria current events thread? Used to garner mass attention, we have all been de sensitized by endless war.

Changes channel to trump circus...

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
If this base is in Rojava as I believe it is, you better believe that base is permanent. Rojava was semi-Autonomous before SHTF in Syria. Now that the Kurds have sacrificed to take the land back from Mossad/CIA ISIS, NATO is absolutely certain to support their "right to self determination" and we will be hearing that language exactly as so by next year if not sooner.

I am keeping tabs in the southern enclave of Tanf if you want to see about US troop presence their. I recently added video of their trucking in and deploying the HIMARS s well. In fact, there should be more updates so I will check that out.
a reply to: intrptr
I prefer keeping tabs on the war to the Trump circus. At least the war kind of lets you know why Trump circus is so hardcore. Its to distract from the war!
edit on 7-12-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=22450186]there are "special" forces actively 'advising' the insurgency to topple Assad. .

Have to. If you view the New Testament as an authoritative Divine work and Assad rejects that. And is funding terrorists to attack inside Israel where Christians who live in Israel or visit from other nations. It doesn't matter if Israel is recognized as a valid state or whether or not Judaism is valid. All that matters is that Christians live there or visit there.

At that point a Higher Power has a responsibility to bring Assad out of power if he continues to not meet Israel halfway in keeping the peace. Israel usually waits to be attacked, it's called self-defense. Assad and the organizations he supports like Hezbollah, do not wait. It's called offensive attacks. And yet Isa, as Jesus is called in Islam, said blessed are the peacemakers.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: SickWave

If you view the New Testament as an authoritative Divine work

More like Misinterpreted, but you already agree with that... then run off with your churches current misguided theories...

new topics

top topics

join