It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uk Terror funding report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Well its clear that the UK government will not publish the UK terror funding report

Amber Rudd wont release report due to national security

This just screams to me that they wont make it public because it will show unequivocally that we have funded terrorism at home and abroad
and will likley find the government funded the recent terror attacks not directly but as a result of this.

The government has decided to not publish a much-delayed report into the foreign funding and support of jihadist groups due to “national security reasons”, the home secretary, Amber Rudd, has announced.

"Foreign Funding and support of Jihadist groups"

well if that doesnt tell you everything you need to know about the west supporting and funding terror groups then what does ?
I still cant see why we should sit by and take this from our government , they are useless
they claim they wont release for national security , but its really just so that the UK citizenship dont revolt for supporting terror cells

what do you all think about this ?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
A copy of that report and any other could probably be obtained with a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request, with all content deemed potentially prejudicial to national security redacted. The fact that the entire report is not going to be released is a clear indication that it is not security of national secrets that the publication of this report has the potential to prejudice.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Its because Saudi Arabi and the USA would be top of that list..... and we cant have that.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The report is about "foreign funding" so you are barking up the wrong tree here.

I would take a wild guess that the reason is because the Saudi's come pretty much at the top of the list and we do not want to upset them.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Well we didn't really believe that those hundreds of millions that the UK gave to the, ahem, 'Muslim brotherhood, for the ...eh.. 'communications equipment, in the fight against that nasty tryrant Gaddafi actually did buy sat phones....did we?

It would have been more believable if they had said it was for Bat Phones.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure I know the ins and outs of the report. You know what really pisses me off though. It's all over twitter facebook skynews the guardian etc etc ... and yet the majority of the UK are so thick and stupid they don't understand what it means AND! They still vote for a conservative government.

I'd say 75% of the UK are too busy watching celebrity based reality to shows or their crap soap operas, the this 75% will all wake up tomorrow go out and buy the nations crap rag of a tabloid newspaper and be more interested in a celebrity sex scandal than they would be about their own govt funding terrorism

Makes me absolutely sick

Edit: think I'm gonna come off the internet for a bit I can feel myself boiling up
edit on 12-7-2017 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

They should NOT be permitted to be the people who decide whether these reports are published. That should be the decision of the people, the ones paying taxes to maintain the cushy circumstances enjoyed by those whose job it is to misappropriate our money for nefarious purpose, dressed up as spending on defence intelligence, or better yet, as a trade deal with the Saudis.

Those decisions must be left to the only entity in this country which ought to have any power at all... The people. We must be the ones to decide what we may, and may not know about matters of import, no one else.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
That'll buy them some time to hide the receipts and draw big black lines through all the pertinent information. Then they can release it and cite it as an example of democracy in action.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

heavily redacted by about 75% i'd imagine , lets give it a bash though eh ! shall we all have a guess and do a quick sweepstake and see who wins

let me see if I can request this through FOIA

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Its because Saudi Arabi and the USA would be top of that list..... and we cant have that.

both you and oldcarpy on the ball there !

wouldnt be surprised at all , wouldnt be surprised if Israel is on there somewhere too

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Ahh right mate sorry I read that wrong , we arent as secretive as you know we just do huge legal arms deals to nations who support terror so are guilty by default.

But Diane Abbott, shadow home secretary, said this did not go far enough, and the public “has a right to know if any governments, foreign or domestic organisations or individuals are funding extremism in this country”.

yeh I should pay more attention , thanks

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

originally posted by: crazyewok

both you and oldcarpy on the ball there !

wouldnt be surprised at all , wouldnt be surprised if Israel is on there somewhere too

Plus some big banks are likely on that list as part of funneling the money or keeping it safe.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

sort of makes you question exactly where the tipping point is for the majority of the UK puplic I mean if funding terror and starting illegal wars isnt enough add on the ongoing pedophile abuses , the complete destruction of our national assests and forcing the poorest families and disabled into further poverty makes you really #ing wonder , what is it going to take protestors immolating themselves in front of westminster , or is it going to take jesus being beaten in the financial district and crucified again, outside parliament on live tv before anyone actually gives a # enough to do something.

Sometimes the best thing for it is to literally disconnect and go sit down for a moment, go take a sit down the park and look at some trees and flowers , praise the bees and pet a dog or three.

Hope you feel better
edit on 12-7-2017 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

the who's who of banking

JP morgan , hsbc , etc

what about those chinese banks that rank higher , are they as corrupt as the banking families of the west ?
have they ever been involved in some illuminati stuff or is that just the old banking families of the west ?

time to do some digging

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Why bother to say there is "a list" if its' existence won't be evidenced?

Why say the funding of extremest groups in the UK is down to 'anonymous donations', which by highlighting the failure to attach a name, can only be a boost to those helping fund evil acts?

I think the Government missed an opportunity by not denying Saudi Arabia & the US were not anonymously on the list that may not exist.

Funny people, Spooks and Civil Servants!

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The Guardian article actually states...

The summary found that while small individual donations were the most common funding source, and in some cases extremist organisations received hundreds of thousands of pounds a year. It added: “This is the main source of their income. Those giving may not know or support the organisations’ full agenda.”

Some extremist Islamist organisations “portray themselves as charities to increase their credibility and to take advantage of Islam’s emphasis on charity”, and are vague about both their activities and their charitable status, it said.

The statement added: “For a small number of organisations with which there are extremism concerns, overseas funding is a significant source of income. However, for the vast majority of extremist groups in the UK, overseas funding is not a significant source.”

And here is a video of Tommy Robinson exposing where some of these fake charity collections are...
www.youtube.com...

If you don't have time/can't be bothered to watch the video, it shows multiple muslim men standing in different spots along a road in Luton, collecting donations for supposedly Pakistan charities from passersby.

You may think this is not much money but they are constantly collecting and this shows only one road. There are probably dodgy collection tins at mosques and Islamic schools too.

These things can easily be stamped out by our government and police but they never take any action in fear of being called a racist, or worse still, agreeing with what people like Tommy Robinson and others have been saying for years.
edit on 83057bAmerica/ChicagoWed, 12 Jul 2017 12:57:02 -05003117 by 83Liberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Another thought of mine is that they say they have this list of extremist groups in the UK.
Then the question shouldn't be about the funding of them but about why are they still in the UK in the first place?
If they are proven to be an extremist group, then shouldn't they be locked up or deported?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I wonder if this is the real reason why the report has not been made available.

From the Independent this morning:

Theresa May’s aides have cleared the Prime Minister’s way to the summer holidays amid concern that anything controversial could derail the Government.

The publication of contentious reports, tricky legislation and potentially damaging opposition debates have all been put off until after the summer recess and beyond.

Theresa May's aides put off tricky legislation, reports and debates ahead of summer recess

edit on 12-7-2017 by Morrad because: added link

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

literally the straw that broke the camles back eh!

shame it hasnt come out and we can be rid of the current government and reform again because we bloody well need it

top topics

join