It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Katrina and the Nurse that worked in the morgue in the superdome

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Shortly after Hurricane Katrina, a story appeared about a nurse who applied for a job with a job agency. When Hurricane Katrina came along she was offered a job there, She took the offer up and got a job working at at the superdome. At first she was treating minor injuries but she was then given a job in morgue. it was then shoe saw thousands of black bodies started coming in most of whom had been shot.

I have searched for the thread that was started on this topic, within ATS but I cannot find it and nor can I find it using google either.

Does any one know where it is?

thanks for all help

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Type the following in Google search : Blackwater Snipers Killed Many Of The Katrina Victims!

Not sure if I am allowed to mention Beforitsnews here but you will find what you are looking for.

This is worth a read too : www.outsidethebeltway.com...

Warmest

Lags

a reply to: Azureblue

edit on 12-7-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Link added

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   

, Well well well.

Blackwater moved about 200 personnel into the area hit by Hurricane Katrina, most of whom (164 employees) were working under a contract with the Department of Homeland Security to protect government facilities,[88] but the company held contracts with private clients as well. Overall, Blackwater had a "visible, and financially lucrative, presence in the immediate aftermath of Hurricane Katrina as the use of the company contractors cost U.S. taxpayers $240,000 a day.

Fox.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: foxhound2459

And this somehow adds up to a mass killing.And why is it just coming out...

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

The reason I am seeking this lady's story is because a blogger has written an article about the effects and impacts of the storm. In the article they have included a couple and their photo who claimed to have seen an explosion at the wall at critical time during the storm.

This blogger has chosen not accept the "thousands-of-blacks-were-shot" claim so I would like to send her a copy of the post containing this lady's story.

Link

I would also like to get it for my own records, again.

thanks

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Hope this isn't too off topic but one of my favorite raps from that time is "Georgia....Bush" By Lil Wayne

Lil-wayne-georgia-bush-lyrics

They tell you what they want, show you what they want you to see But they don't let you know what's really going on Make it look like a lotta stealing going on Boy them cops is killas in my home Nigga shot dead in the middle of the street I ain't no thief, I'm just trying to eat Man # the police and President (Georgia) Bush So what happened to the levees, why wasn't they steady? Why wasn't they able to control this? I know some folk that live by the levee That keep on telling me they heard explosions Same # happened back in Hurricane Betsy 1965: I ain't too young to know this That was President Johnson but now it's (Georgia) Bush

-Alee
edit on 7/12/2017 by NerdGoddess because: highlight text

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
The gubment was responsible for the tragedy Katrina became, they spent less on maintaining the levies and emergency response apparatus in the poorer neighborhoods.

All they needed to become exposed was the perfect storm.

Instead of blaming them though, we're going to blame 'secret sniper' teams and explosive demolition of the walls themselves.

Lots of people got shot during Katrina, many more drowned. The sound of the levy walls being overtopped, eroded and finally collapsing would sound like an explosion to any bystanders.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
It's funny how people forget the mass looting, rape, arson, and murder that the wonderful citizens of Louisiana were doing to each other during the aftermath of Katrina...it was worse than Iraq during the same time frame.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The sound of the levy walls being overtopped, eroded and finally collapsing would sound like an explosion to any bystand

I have read accounts where people saw barges being slammed into the levees by wind and waves, making loud noises and hastening the failure of the levees.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: intrptr

The sound of the levy walls being overtopped, eroded and finally collapsing would sound like an explosion to any bystand

I have read accounts where people saw barges being slammed into the levees by wind and waves, making loud noises and hastening the failure of the levees.

The larger part of the levy failures were due to overtopping by the storm surge. Same thing almost happened to that dam in California.

nature.com

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

The reason I am seeking this lady's story is because a blogger has written an article about the effects and impacts of the storm. In the article they have included a couple and their photo who claimed to have seen an explosion at the wall at critical time during the storm.

This blogger has chosen not accept the "thousands-of-blacks-were-shot" claim so I would like to send her a copy of the post containing this lady's story.

Link

thanks

I seem to recall that a levee was breached with explosives because of a reason that was given for the act to protect some other area. So it may not have been a terrorist act as seemingly implied. As I also recall, the breach was detrimental to a black area versus saving another area. I could be totally wrong on this memory business.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I volunteered witha church here in Dallas to help the "refugees" - yes that is how the victims of Katrina were referred to. All of the Texas Metro areas (Dallas, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, etc...) had thousands of refugees to deal with in such a short amount of time, that it overwhelmed the Texas State Systems as well as Red Cross and Fema. It was chaos.

Most of the people I worked with, arrived with barely the clothes on their backs, and many came from the 9th Ward in NOLA. They had no money, no food, no shelter, no ID, medical issues and were for the most part in a state of shock and panic. We found them temp to long term housing and helped arrange with FEMA for the voucher cards that the government was issuing for emergency funds. Long story short, it was the most pathetic and heart wrenching thing I have ever been involved with.

I became close with one particular family - both parents had medical disabilities - and they had four small children. They came from a housing project in 9th Ward and neither adults had ever been outside of NOLA in their entire lives. They had chosen to remain until the "shooting" (their word) started on the 2nd night/3rd day after the storm. They were so afraid and scared for their lives they decided to try and make to some relatives elsewhere on higher ground outside the city.

They and some neighbors left the housing project and made it as far as the Super Dome where they heard you could get food. They got there and no food or water and horror stories around every corner - gangs running everything. Total chaos. I could barely listen to their experience without gagging. Conditions were so bad that they said they formed a small group that sheltered in a restroom to protect themselves from the "shooters" and the "patrolers" (sp?.)

They said many other people they knew that came from their housing project, "disappeared" within the Super Dome...the stories were so bad that after we found them long-term help, (it took about 6 months of desperate pleading and working through the system of bloated and uncaring government programs) that I closed my mind off to the whole incident and the stories I had heard. Your post OP has taken me back.

I have no doubt that the family we helped were suffering from PTSD (many refugees were being diagnosed with it and SSRIs and Xanax were being handed out left and right) or something similar, but they were petrified of the "shooters" and were afraid "they" were here in Dallas as well.

I have no idea who the "shooters" were or why, but these were good, honest people that didn't have a lying bone in their bodies. Something very sinister happened during Katrina and I can't believe I shoved all of this from my mind...got to think about this awhile. Sorry so long winded, but boy, you certainly brought up some stuff with the shooting scenario. Wow.
edit on Jul2529290725292925America/Chicago by Missmissie173 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Missmissie173

Thank you for sharing that,how harrowing..i am South African but my heart broke for the people in New Orleans when Katrina happened,i have since i was a child,felt so drawn there.What a heartbreaking and terrible ordeal it must have been.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Missmissie173

I volunteered witha church here in Dallas to help the "refugees" - yes that is how the victims of Katrina were referred to. All of the Texas Metro areas (Dallas, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, etc...) had thousands of refugees to deal with in such a short amount of time, that it overwhelmed the Texas State Systems as well as Red Cross and Fema. It was chaos.

Most of the people I worked with, arrived with barely the clothes on their backs, and many came from the 9th Ward in NOLA. They had no money, no food, no shelter, no ID, medical issues and were for the most part in a state of shock and panic. We found them temp to long term housing and helped arrange with FEMA for the voucher cards that the government was issuing for emergency funds. Long story short, it was the most pathetic and heart wrenching thing I have ever been involved with.

I became close with one particular family - both parents had medical disabilities - and they had four small children. They came from a housing project in 9th Ward and neither adults had ever been outside of NOLA in their entire lives. They had chosen to remain until the "shooting" (their word) started on the 2nd night/3rd day after the storm. They were so afraid and scared for their lives they decided to try and make to some relatives elsewhere on higher ground outside the city.

They and some neighbors left the housing project and made it as far as the Super Dome where they heard you could get food. They got there and no food or water and horror stories around every corner - gangs running everything. Total chaos. I could barely listen to their experience without gagging. Conditions were so bad that they said they formed a small group that sheltered in a restroom to protect themselves from the "shooters" and the "patrolers" (sp?.)

They said many other people they knew that came from their housing project, "disappeared" within the Super Dome...the stories were so bad that after we found them long-term help, (it took about 6 months of desperate pleading and working through the system of bloated and uncaring government programs) that I closed my mind off to the whole incident and the stories I had heard. Your post OP has taken me back.

I have no doubt that the family we helped were suffering from PTSD (many refugees were being diagnosed with it and SSRIs and Xanax were being handed out left and right) or something similar, but they were petrified of the "shooters" and were afraid "they" were here in Dallas as well.

I have no idea who the "shooters" were or why, but these were good, honest people that didn't have a lying bone in their bodies. Something very sinister happened during Katrina and I can't believe I shoved all of this from my mind...got to think about this awhile. Sorry so long winded, but boy, you certainly brought up some stuff with the shooting scenario. Wow.

I should have considered the impact of my post on people who lived through this tragic event.

The redeeming feature is that I am from Australia and course we did not hear anything of the experiences of victims such as your self and many others. My apologies. I hope for your sake that having brought it back it will comfort you and help drain the horror and evil from your internal swamp (memories)

I think everyone should write up their experiences for the sake of their mental health and just for the record of the event.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

originally posted by: Azureblue

Link

thanks

I seem to recall that a levee was breached with explosives because of a reason that was given for the act to protect some other area. So it may not have been a terrorist act as seemingly implied. As I also recall, the breach was detrimental to a black area versus saving another area. I could be totally wrong on this memory business.

I seem to recall that a levee was breached with explosives because of a reason that was given for the act to protect some other area.

No, the event I am thinking of is where a bloke, 6 months before the hurricane, saw some people with a digging machine digging on the ocean side of the wall and pour some stuff into the hole they had dug.

When we went outside as the cyclone was abating he heard an explosion. He looked around and saw the bottom of the wall cave in, right where he saw the blokes and their digging machine 6 months earlier. He said he was very lucky not to be carried away by in the inrush of a flood. He only avoided it because he managed to get onto the roof of his house just in time.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The gubment was responsible for the tragedy Katrina became, they spent less on maintaining the levies and emergency response apparatus in the poorer neighborhoods.

All they needed to become exposed was the perfect storm.

Instead of blaming them though, we're going to blame 'secret sniper' teams and explosive demolition of the walls themselves.

Lots of people got shot during Katrina, many more drowned. The sound of the levy walls being overtopped, eroded and finally collapsing would sound like an explosion to any bystanders.

The lady blogger is actually a lawyer and suggests that yes, the cyclone was engineered. see the link in my other posts

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Grenfell Tower fire was it deliberate ? As in Agenda 21 ?

Clearing social housing "Slum" Residential areas for Millionaire Apartment's !

Fox

Apolz OP slightly of topic But an An Agenda 21 Theme so to speak.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

yes, the cyclone was engineered

Crap...

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Why would they even bother bringing the bodies into a morgue?

And they let a nurse, fresh from a job agency see all this?

Let's use a little bit of critical thought, please.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Good question. One of my buddies went there a month after for a contract and said the whole city smelled of death.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join