It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20,000 little green Stars.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: abago71

Yeah on the dark theme they are green. Blue on white theme

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I prefer mixing Chicken & Stars with Wonton soup. They really set each other off. But add green onion, of course!

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9
I never noticed. Plus, I'm colorblind.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Here's another one for you
I always enjoy reading your posts though we disagree sometimes.I give out stars like there's no tomorrow also.To every single member that makes a good point,whether i agree with them or not,for making me laugh,for giving good advice to others or myself,for recipes,music etc.It's a way of showing appreciation.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

A star for you, for questioning the value of stars.

At least we're not throwing-around half-moons!

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Stars are like 'points' or frequent flyer miles. Sort of 'rewarding' but can't really hang them on your office wall like a plaque.

I'd prefer a raise to plaques anyway.

I am pretty generous with my stars.

If someone makes an intelligent, observant or even funny post I will star them.

Giving others positive feedback costs me nothing and feels good to me.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Can't say I agree. I generally only flag or star a post if I think it's a quality post. I would assume most others do the same. Flags and stars are supposed to represent the quality of the posts a member has made over the course of their sojourn here. You can make some pretty safe assumptions about a member's contribution level here by the flag and star count, at least that's the intention of the system. Is it always the case? Probably not, but it's a good indication.

Now with that said, if you look at my flag count, it's not very impressive. 821 flags for 240ish threads. That implies, at least to me that at times, I post things ATSers aren't particularly interested in, agree with or whatever, and that's fine. However, my star count is over 34 million. This tells me that I am more of a conversation participator than starter. Like I said, stars and flags can tell you a lot about a member
edit on 12-7-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-7-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

I don't even look at the Stars and Flags by a member's avatar. I guess that means I just don't care. 🤷🏻‍♀️

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

I do like your comments time to time, but 2573 stars per comments?

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
However, my star count is over 34 million. This tells me that I am more of a conversation participator than starter. Like I said, stars and flags can tell you a lot about a member

Haha! You know that's because of the glitch. That would be an average of 2,573 stars per post! You would be the most famous of all ATSers.

edit on 13-7-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: abago71

They're fancier than us

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: intrptr

Stars are like 'points' or frequent flyer miles. Sort of 'rewarding' but can't really hang them on your office wall like a plaque.

I'd prefer a raise to plaques anyway.

I am pretty generous with my stars.

If someone makes an intelligent, observant or even funny post I will star them.

Giving others positive feedback costs me nothing and feels good to me.

But think about it. First of all, its not like you are actually giving someone anything. Imagine for a moment if stars cost a quarter, how many would you give then? They're 'free' so what the hell. If they cost money generosity would go waaay down.

Second thing is they're anonymous, can't tell who gave them to you or what for, Lastly, influences peoples 'opinions' tending to generate content that garners more stars than say standing up against the tide of popular opinion. "I would disagree with that but look at all the stars."

Personally I wish I could wipe mine to zero, they intimidate new people to some degree, imo. Besides they don't reflect that on average I get 2 stars per comment, rather I usually get none except for these rare moments...

I'm not trying to polish an image, this isn't a popularity contest, I row against the tide.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
You do know why they are green right? Felt compelled to boast about them on this site?

What's that you say?
You really don't care or liked them anyway?

And yet you wrote a whole thread of 20,000 stars on thars today? Well my friend you braggadocio cause that's got your nose growing like Pinocchio!

Of course you know why they green, and what they mean cause you are sneech and being a whiny little...

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: szino9

I have no idea. Could have something to do with being a member for over a decade... I am not completely sure why it's so high. I quit coming here for several years, when I came back it was like that... Probably a glitch 34,677 sounds more realistic to me. . Shrug
edit on 13-7-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join