It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon bill decriminalizes possession of Drugs

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: InTheLight

Don't be so sure, when they can't get the drugs is when it might become apparent, other than that they can cruise through.
I had a friend, seemed quite normal, he ended up with a broken rib and an infection..I was surprised to see him in his hospital bed with a 6 pack beside it..turns out he is a 100% functional alcoholic, I never knew or saw him intoxicated.

Yeah I know this lady in her 50's, to look at her you would think classy woman, always looked immaculately dressed and hair done and tried her best to look beautiful. Her house was also immaculate and like most old womens homes, tons of ornaments and what have you...

She was a raging alcoholic lol... Drank vodka from the moment she woke up! Had it in a fruit shoot bottle when she went out. I did at times see her drunk though, of an evening when we partied or something, but never in the day.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Meee32

I'm not surprised, addicts become skilled at hiding that part of their lives, I speak from former experience.
I added an edit to my post you replied to..the fact his 6 pack had a prescription label on it..doctor approved..lol
edit on 13-7-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: underwerks

correct the cartels do move on to something else. They open up shops dedicated to the selling of legal drugs, move a handful of their more educated pushers into the store fronts while the rest of them work over the business of their competitors. This is already happening with pot shops in the recreational states.

Cartels have a big presence in the legal world too you know, because the people who run them are brutal, but smart.

And what's wrong with Cartels moving on to owning legitimate businesses instead of what they do now?

That's one of the good things about drug legalization. If they're running legitimate businesses they have no reason to be killing people left and right. When you legalize it, you take the heart out of it.

It comes back down to whether you want to help people or punish them. Is it better to punish the "criminals" or is it better to stop the violence and turn society around? And help the least among us?

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meee32

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: InTheLight

Don't be so sure, when they can't get the drugs is when it might become apparent, other than that they can cruise through.
I had a friend, seemed quite normal, he ended up with a broken rib and an infection..I was surprised to see him in his hospital bed with a 6 pack beside it..turns out he is a 100% functional alcoholic, I never knew or saw him intoxicated.

Yeah I know this lady in her 50's, to look at her you would think classy woman, always looked immaculately dressed and hair done and tried her best to look beautiful. Her house was also immaculate and like most old womens homes, tons of ornaments and what have you...

She was a raging alcoholic lol... Drank vodka from the moment she woke up! Had it in a fruit shoot bottle when she went out. I did at times see her drunk though, of an evening when we partied or something, but never in the day.

I would think that she developed a tolerance and drank or sipped just enough to get her through the day - but exactly how did she really get through the day? sweating? shaking? making mistakes at work? craving or needing that mental numbness? - then comes the next half of the day.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join