It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon bill decriminalizes possession of Drugs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
Here is the other downfall of laws like that: Employment.

Most companies, in states that allow for the use of say Pot, still have policies that are 0 drug tolerant and if one pees hot, they may still be fired or not get employed. Last time a case like that went up through the courts, was from Colorado.

Time to protest or take it to court for human rights violation if the law says it's legal.

The law says alcohol or tobacco use is legal if over a certain age however the lawfulness doesnt not entitle a person to come to work drunk or smoke while in their office. What you do on your own time is your business.. What you do at work is very much the business of the bosses there. I dont think I will ever understand the mindset that a persons "rights" should somehow ride above the companies right to set guidelines on behavior. While at work you are being paid to represent that business. You are not employed to represent yourself.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: underwerks

I starred and flagged you on this one.

It's about time we start treating addiction as a medical issue and not a crime.

One of the few things we agree on.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Fine, that's fine

Can we stop reviving people who OD on coc aine or heroin too?

Let them huff, puff, snort, shoot at their own risk.

Let's withdraw all resources put into junkies..let water find its own level.

edit on 11-7-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Fine, that's fine

Can we stop reviving people who OD on coc aine or heroin too?

Let them huff, puff, snort, shoot at their own risk.

Let's withdraw all resources put into junkies..let water find its own level.

That's the current way of dealing with it in most places. Places like Oregon are the exception.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Do we eliminate AA also?

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: Aliensun

Thanks for a bit of sanity in all this.

Pot? Sure.

All the rest?

NO WAY!

Seriously? This is what you want 'legal'? Why not just go out and shoot them and put them out of their misery.

You stupid sogs.

Ignorance isn't bliss.

Guessing youre ok with all of the "legal" drugs aka Px medications that big pharma profits off of the mass addictions and death caused by them?

The POINT is to reduce unneccessary mass incarceration, and instead, aid people in getting off drugs. What is wrong with that?

edit on 11-7-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

As a former drug counselor in part of my life, I hope to Hell that Oregon has the bucks to support all of those that are going to need help with their addictions and the effects on their families members. Need I not mention the criminal effects on non-users and the justice system? Oh, I know, we are all entitled to be stupid and go our own way..., but those addicts do not live in a world that does not impinge upon other decent, souls that want none of the heavy drug world.

In a few years time, Oregon's experiment should prove to be a rock around liberal necks. Maybe just in time for the next presidential election.

Aliensun, i generally agree with you on everything, but i have to put this here:

"
You see, I think drugs have done some good things for us. I really do. And if you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, do me a favor. Go home tonight. Take all your albums, all your tapes and all your CDs and burn them. 'Cause you know what, the musicians that made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years were rrreal #ing high on drugs. The Beatles were so #ing high they let Ringo sing a few tunes."

-Bill Hicks
edit on 11-7-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I guess my opinion will piss everyone off.

I am for legalization of all drugs, even heroin and meth... so there I pissed off the cops.

I believe that addiction is a health issue, so I have pissed of some ultraconservatives.

I don't believe addiction is a disease, so now I have pissed off a liberal.

I do believe that anyone that uses heroin or meth either has to be very stupid or had a mental issue such as depression before they used it.

Like a woman's right to choose, I believe that each person has a right to do with their body as they wish.
Who am I to tell you what to do with your own body?

As far as crimes committed by people strung out on drugs?
We already have laws against those crimes, enforce them.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

It is a catch 22 here. Yes it is legal, however, a job has the right to state it will accept or not accept some behaviors. So the reason why they can, is that they can state, is that it is a matter of safety in the workplace.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Drugs are here because the politician allow it, if not look at the Philiippines , the man means business.
There is NO war on Drugs, it is to imprison those that take them put in to prison for to " maintain employment itn the jail stystem.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Do we eliminate AA also?

Only if we can get rid of "gender identity crisis clinics" too, but I digress.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Here here.

Whether addiction is a disease or not doesn't change the fact that the government doesn't have any more right to tell me what to put in my body than it does my mind.

Above all, it's about personal freedom to me.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Here here.

Whether addiction is a disease or not doesn't change the fact that the government doesn't have any more right to tell me what to put in my body than it does my mind.

I didn't piss you off?

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Here here.

you live in a dream world
you elected them to control you and their job is to take away your freedom. I want to have two cows in my back yard to feed me in the future, they say, go fk yourself, get you ass to the grocrery store to feed you stupid ass

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Here here.

I didn't piss you off?

Not at all.

Sorry to disappoint you.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Then why was meth listed?

And - you're telling me in any other sane state in the USA if a cop find you with meth he/she isn't going to arrest you?

Nawwww, I don't believe it.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Hey, remember when people were taking 'bath salts' and biting peoples' faces off?

But hey..Freedom, Jerry, freedom!

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

Guessing youre ok with all of the "legal" drugs aka Px medications that big pharma profits off of the mass addictions and death caused by them?

You're guessing wrong.

I abhor big pharma.

Doesn't mean I think street drugs should be legalized.

Only reason I pot should be legalized in my opinion is it does have medicinal value.

Or so I've heard.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: silo13

Hey, remember when people were taking 'bath salts' and biting peoples' faces off?

But hey..Freedom, Jerry, freedom!

Actually, that isn't true. Just another piece of propaganda to paint drug users in an unsavory light.

MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Rudy Eugene, the Causeway Cannibal who ate the face off a homeless man he attacked along the MacArthur Causeway, was apparently not high on bath salts or any other exotic street drug at the time of the attack, according to a report released Wednesday by the Miami-Dade Medical Examiner.

Link

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

It doesn't need to be painted...Anyone with eyes can see the real thing all the damn time. It's disgusting. How you see more drugs as some kind of utopian paradise is beyond me.

You couldn't put enough miles between me and your ideology

edit on 11-7-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join