It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Politically Correct and the Islamists are Odd Bedfellows

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

If Islam is a totalitarian reigion then that must mean all Muslims support it. I guess the gay Muslims are not true Muslims. The peaceful Muslims are not true Muslims. The Muslims who stand up to injustices are not true Muslims.

Where do you come up with this stuff? No that is not what it means.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

If Islam is a totalitarian reigion then that must mean all Muslims support it. I guess the gay Muslims are not true Muslims. The peaceful Muslims are not true Muslims. The Muslims who stand up to injustices are not true Muslims.

Where do you come up with this stuff? No that is not what it means.

Sighs. It's so hard to explain this to you.
Some Muslims don't believe Islam is a totalitarian religion. In fact they have explained that from Quran. Are you telling me that they are lying? Should I believe you over Muslim scholars?

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Some Muslims don't believe Islam is a totalitarian religion. In fact they have explained that from Quran. Are you telling me that they are lying? Should I believe you over Muslim scholars?

Give me an example.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Give me an example.

First result of a google search:
aboutislam.net...

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Islam is totalitarian because it is also a political system. As I stated, it offers a total solution to life (political, social, cultural, legal, economical, religious) etc.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Great thread.

I'm enjoying the way "conservatives" are telling us what liberals think, then shouting the liberals down when they put their side of things.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Islam is totalitarian because it is also a political system. As I stated, it offers a total solution to life (political, social, cultural, legal, economical, religious) etc.

Not according to the scholar I linked you to.
Sorry you are refusing to accept it. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Not according to the scholar I linked you to.
Sorry you are refusing to accept it. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Sorry, it's a fact.

Political aspects of Islam

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

You asked me for an example of a Muslim scholar saying that it is not a political and totalitarian religion and I gave you one. And you ignored it. Why?

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I didn't ignore it. I read your example, and thanks for giving it to me.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

The finest cultural inheritance the world has ever known is being squandered by those who would rather enjoy their freedoms than to defend them.

- LesMis

What "freedoms" are they enjoying? The people you speak of will never be the ones who defend any freedoms. They are the ones who take for granted the freedoms that are afforded through the direct action of others.
edit on 14-7-2017 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

The finest cultural inheritance the world has ever known is being squandered by those who would rather enjoy their freedoms than to defend them.

- LesMis

What "freedoms" are they enjoying? The people you speak of will never be the ones who defend any freedoms. They are the ones who take for granted the freedoms that are afforded through the direct action of others.

That was exactly the point. They could care less about their freedoms because they take them for granted. Meanwhile others are defending them, sometimes dying for them. "They will not defend them because they are too busy enjoying them".

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

- LesMis

That was exactly the point. They could care less about their freedoms because they take them for granted. Meanwhile others are defending them, sometimes dying for them. "They will not defend them because they are too busy enjoying them".

Actually they, along with the rest of us, are watching those freedoms slip deeper and deeper into obscurity. We have no true civil liberties today without fear of repercussions due to the litigious society "they" have created.

Your OP intent is what exactly? Summarize it for me in a couple of sentences (if you would) because honestly it was incredibly wordy and I'm not entirely sure your point was made. I'm not being a dick. I want to know what the point of your post was. That the left are hypocrites?

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

The politically correct and the Islamists, though they are moral opposites, are both on the same side. "Odd bedfellows" is an idiom meaning "unlikely alliance". As you state, both are destroying western society.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Neat trick to ridicule the victims of islamist terror and to criminalize what you perceive to be politically correct.

You either didn't really think that through or you simply don't care about the pitfalls of comparing a professional discourse with terrorism.
I bet my 2 cents that the German strategy to fight terrorism is just another "odd bedfellow" in your textbook for this War with Terror.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Islam is an authoritarian religion without a centralised power base, it's only natural that authoritarians such as the political correct lobby would want to try to get a piece of the action to further their goals.

When Islam get's it's act together and consolidates it's power into two or three major sects with actual 'pope' like leaders the PC liberals won't be able to get a sniff and will hate it more than anyone.

Non Islamic governments will also crack down on it at that point.

At this point Islam is not a threat to those in power so they don't care and the liberals are too short sighted (or over confident) to foresee any potential problems down the line.

So the way I see it is the politically correct use Islam simply because they can and it's very easy to do.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Some believe that it's a concerted attack on Christianity, this odd bedfellow scenario. Anything but the love of God and the true and authentic arrow of Civilized leadership and progress!

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I suppose it could also be a matter of “health and safety”. The assumption of soft-bigotry that Muslims are like matchsticks, sure to set ablaze once confronted with criticism and mockery of their superstitions, is rife in the West. The self-censorship that disguises itself as “kindness” assumes an infantile weakness in Muslims, that they cannot handle the sights and sounds of a free society, so we better be quiet about it. This political correctness has not only had a chilling effect on would-be reformers or anyone who might wish to speak up, but by multiplying the outrage, has only incentivized violent retaliation against those who will do so.

In the fields of social services dealing with things like domestic violence and family damaging substance abuse, this is known as "Enabling".

The vocal left moans and shrieks and howls when anyone criticizes the dark side of Islam abroad...

And they derail and deflect if not overtly defend every aspect of liberal facsism / terrorism at home.

edit on 16-7-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The vocal left moans and shrieks and howls when anyone criticizes the dark side of Islam abroad.

Really?

All I can see is a bunch of snowflakes shy away from an actual argument after "the left" chimed in to dismantle a load of horsecrap with a few examples of successfully applied logics. But that's probably just me, being in this head again.
You look bored, let me ask you something. Don't you think this is rather an above - below issue than our usual partisan trench-warfare? And I'm not talking alchemy here.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Yep I'm Greek and know our history of Turkish Ottoman rule over us for 400 years. There is better vibes toward the Turks now by the Greeks. Albanians and middle East refugees is what's worrying Greeks at the moment.

Greeks Independence day happened in 1821 - so Greeks are naturally still mindful.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join