It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BART Withholding Surveillance Videos Of Crime To Avoid ‘Stereotypes’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie
History is not a excuse for crime and barbarian behaviour.

The jews suffered far worse more recently yet you dont see Jews filling our prisons up or turning there neighbourhoods into crime ridden cesspits.

Stop using slavery as a damed excuse!

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22

“To release these videos would create a high level of racially insensitive commentary toward the district,” she was told. “And in addition it would create a racial bias in the riders against minorities on the trains.”

According to a memo distributed to BART Directors, the agency won’t do a press release on the June 30 theft because it was a “petty crime” that would make BART look “crime ridden.” Furthermore, it would “unfairly affect and characterize riders of color, leading to sweeping generalizations in media reports:

Isn't this just a sideways.. Or even MORE SPECIFICALLY CLEAR MESSAGE than what people may make up in their own minds? Reverse psychology?

Like: " ummm.. You SERIOUSLY don't wanna see this, kids... It's like totally gonna make you more racist..."

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
a reply to: CulturalResilience

So that means i can call white men pedophilies? (my goto line, lawl)

Awesome!

Sure you can, and I can call black men pimps and rapists, then we can factor in proportionality and see which categorisation gives a truer representation.
edit on 11-7-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

That's a matter of opinion.

Bingo - I was wondering why "rap" was thrown in, but I'm with you.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: cenpuppie
History is not a excuse for crime and barbarian behaviour.

The jews suffered far worse more recently yet you dont see Jews filling our prisons up or turning there neighbourhoods into crime ridden cesspits.

Stop using slavery as a damed excuse!

True it's not an excuse but it is a contributing factor. After slavery the dumbest thing you could do is move them to an area with no jobs in an urban setting. As a country we created the problem look at inner cities. There is no jobs schools are terrible we effectively fenced them in with drug dealers and pimps. The only way to make money is steal or deal and we wonder why teenager's turn to crime.

First thing that needs to be done is public housing needs to be torn down. And those people need to be moved into other neighborhoods. I would suggest vouchers that can be used towards rent. In the long run saves money as well no maintainance costs.

If they were in neighborhoods where people cared about their homes they would to.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

They how do you explain the UK problem?

We never had slavery on the UK mainland. Our blacks where invited to immigrate, mostly in the 1950's to fill labour places after WW2.

To be fair the Caribbean blacks settled in well.

But the African Blacks (that we are still for some reason importing) and the second and third generation children has isolated themselves in Ghettos like the USA, choosing to snub education and live a life of poverty, crime and welfare.

Hell we even have the scourge of BLM. It almost like they are copying there American counterparts.

edit on 12-7-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
If a child misbehaves and one parent chastises the child while the other makes excuses for the behaviour and lays the blame elsewhere, do you think the child will take responsibility for the actions and accept any consequences? Or will the child continue to misbehave knowing excuses can be made for his/her behaviour and the blame laid elsewhere?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

Then stop recording you effing morons.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Isn't it racist to automatically assume that everyone will be racist if they see the videos?

Isn't it racist to protect a group from scrutiny based on their skin color?

Yes, it is racist. Also, it's privilege.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I'm not disagreeing with your post but you must be aware
that white crime is not reported on as much because it
does not get the ratings they want. I'm a white man and
let me tell you I have seen white people committing
terrible crimes but when they were caught they
didn't end up on the news.

Let me go further with a story that involves me personally.
My brother is a pedophile that rapped a 12 year old girl.
That story was a 2 sentience long, buried in the middle of
our local paper. But when the black kids that hangout at
the house on the end of my street stabbed a guy it was
front page news for 3 full days. Why do you think a story about
black gangs was more important to our city news organization
than a story about the rape of a 12 year old?

This kind of thing happens all the time. Black crime= rating, clicks, and readers.
This does not excuse the crime being done by those black kids but it does
paint a false picture of what is really going on in the world of crime.

What I'm saying is crime is crime the color of the person should not
matter. It shouldn't matter if she doesn't want to show the race
of the criminals as long as justice was served right? I would be happy
if news sites and papers NEVER said what race a person was and
simply reported on the crime.

Your not a raciest your just believing what the news organizations have
told you to believe. It's a trap that most of us fall into.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

If they were in neighborhoods where people cared about their homes they would to.

You would think that but it isn't that way. I live in a townhouse with 7 other townhomes around mine. It was a really nice street to be on until the property owners went to HUD. Not so nice now.

Edited to fix quote...
edit on 12-7-2017 by Simon_Boudreaux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Rap ain't a crime yo.

You be trippin'?

I'm a fan of rap, it's a good musical style, but I don't know how anyone can honestly say a lot of rap isn't influential and harmful to youth, especially black youth. For myself, being a suburban white kid, the main reason I began smoking pot was because of Tupac. If I was a black kid in in the inner city, I probably would have started selling crack, in large part to rap. Some rappers promote positive values, the vast majority do not. The black community needs to start holding rappers accountable, and demand positive music, not music about drugs, murder and crime.

There WAS positive music and a CULTURE of upliftment for African Americans during the late 80's and throughout the 90's.

You can a actually track the deterioration of social and political issues in the inner cities by the message in the music.

Everyone was recovering from the devastation of the crack epidemic that simply annihilated the black community.

If you listen to the sh!t message these kids are hearing and emulating today, it IS DEFINITELY a factor in the shaping of an individuals values and morals.

edit on E31America/ChicagoWed, 12 Jul 2017 13:57:03 -05007pmWednesdayth01pm by EternalShadow because: add/correction

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
BS, vast majority of places there 'moved in' soon turns to violent crime ridden cesspools. We've tried your experiments over and over. We need a new idea, a new solution to this festering problem. Throwing money away doesn't work.a reply to: dragonridr

top topics

<< 1   >>

join