It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BART Withholding Surveillance Videos Of Crime To Avoid ‘Stereotypes’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
America, we need to start addressing some unfortunate crime statistics. Like it or not, according to the FBI uniform crime reports African Americans are responsible for a disproportionate amount of the following crimes, Rap, Robbery, murder, assault, ect, ect... enough with the excuses, slavery, economics, racism, no jobs, enough!! The illegal immigrants from South America are definitely victims of racism and poor treatment but seem to prosper well. Most of our peoples have been slaves, or concurred at one time in history. Time to stop the political correctness that's putting good people of all races in danger by protecting the criminals based on race.

Allen told us the agency issued an explanation for why it is being tight-lipped about the thefts.

“To release these videos would create a high level of racially insensitive commentary toward the district,” she was told. “And in addition it would create a racial bias in the riders against minorities on the trains.”

According to a memo distributed to BART Directors, the agency won’t do a press release on the June 30 theft because it was a “petty crime” that would make BART look “crime ridden.” Furthermore, it would “unfairly affect and characterize riders of color, leading to sweeping generalizations in media reports.”

Okay, now the trolls can start labeling me as an racist, not knowing my race....

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Why not just save time, money and feelings and just not record anything anymore.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

Isn't it racist to automatically assume that everyone will be racist if they see the videos?

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
If a certain race commits a disproportionate amount of crime, it is not racist to dislike that fact about that race. Nor is it racist to logically extrapolate that a member of that race is disproportionately more likely to commit crime.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Rap ain't a crime yo.

You be trippin'?

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Rap ain't a crime yo.

You be trippin'?

That's a matter of opinion.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Her logic seems rather silly to me, but its the same logic applied by the local news stations that delete race references wherever they can. And its particularly silly considering that most all US Americans know public transportation is dangerously dodgy. From muggings on New York's subways, muggings at Bus stations, on trains and train stations, and now, remarkably, muggings of passengers on airplanes while in flight. (well, more like air rage incidents). Its long been the reason public transportation has been largely a failure across the US except for a few areas where it can't be avoided.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

Rap ain't a crime yo.

You be trippin'?

That's a matter of opinion.

No its not. But does make the ops commentary funnier. So blacks just can't help themselves just breaking the law all over the place. Wow what a racist POS.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Yes it is. No it doesn't. Argument in gainsay form, easy but unfulfilling.
edit on 11-7-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Withholding statistics that happen to make a particular race look bad is racist.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Isn't it racist to automatically assume that everyone will be racist if they see the videos?

Isn't it racist to protect a group from scrutiny based on their skin color?

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

It's racist to think any group defined by skin color needs protection.

It's 2017. WTF about skin color!

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I am going to be that guy that asks for a link.
Did you read this in the newspaper?

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
KCBS channel 5 San Francisco, CBS BAY AREA
sorry having trouble with the link....
a reply to: butcherguy

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I am going to be that guy that asks for a link.
Did you read this in the newspaper?

i was that guy too, so i looked. it appears like a case of XPC

sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com...

edit on 15731America/ChicagoTue, 11 Jul 2017 21:15:44 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Rap ain't a crime yo.

You be trippin'?

Some think it should be.

It can certainly be offensive both lyrically and from a lack of musicality.

Which is such a shame because African Americans gave us jazz, blues, gospel and rock.

I just saw George Clinton and Parliament last weekend, still funkin it up after all these years.

A T O M I C D O o O o O G!!

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
If a certain race commits a disproportionate amount of crime, it is not racist to dislike that fact about that race. Nor is it racist to logically extrapolate that a member of that race is disproportionately more likely to commit crime.

I have been a victim of crime 5 times and my family 7. All times that that crime has been committed by one race.

And yes that means me and my family now have a general distrust of that group.

There are individuals i still highly respect and trust to be sure, but because of the behaviour of a large number of this group I am now a lot more wary and carefully about giving my trust to this specific minority on a individual basis.

edit on 11-7-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

So that means i can call white men pedophilies? (my goto line, lawl)

Awesome!

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

You say that and yet wonder about the schism in America.

Its as if history doesnt exist, unless there is a point to prove.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Rap ain't a crime yo.

You be trippin'?

I'm a fan of rap, it's a good musical style, but I don't know how anyone can honestly say a lot of rap isn't influential and harmful to youth, especially black youth. For myself, being a suburban white kid, the main reason I began smoking pot was because of Tupac. If I was a black kid in in the inner city, I probably would have started selling crack, in large part to rap. Some rappers promote positive values, the vast majority do not. The black community needs to start holding rappers accountable, and demand positive music, not music about drugs, murder and crime.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join