It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study: Being Transgender Is Not A Mental Disorder

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

originally posted by: Sheye

a reply to: Sheye

That's the biggest crock of garbage. Nobody is ridiculing Christian scientists. I certainly ridiculed their conclusions based on their agenda driven and sloppy "science" sure. But none of it had anything to do with them being Christians. This false "War on Christians " narrative constantly propagated on ATS is gettin a little old. It's the default method of deflection used whenever people aren't capable of or willing to discuss the science and prefer to push their personal motivations and feelings. I've yet to see you discuss what you feel the errors in methodology we're in the paper cited in the Time article, which I have provided a direct link to yesterday so that people could, you know, discuss the science. Nobody seems particularly interested in doing that though and all I see is religious persecution narratives. It's getting old and stale.

Really ? Nobody is ridiculing Christians ? Would you like me to go back and quote the posts ridiculing Christians and Christianity , especially when it may be Christianity that prevents people from fully accepting transgendered as perfectly scientifically normal.

Yes, please do that

I'm not interested in scientific papers that could very well be bias

Of course you're not. It gets in the way of your ability to play both bigot and victim.

... and the fact that it was the medical community that felt the need to create how many genders ? .. and I'm supposed to trust nutjobs like that? 🙄

And yet you're whining about potential confirmation bias from others when you start off with it and refuse to accept that you could be wrong? What a joke. Your own confirmation bias is why you are referring op others as "nut jobs" and you're so blinded by self righteous indignation that you can see the forest for the trees

Take your scientific studies and your egotistical condescending mean attitude and stick it.

I hope you were looking in the mirror when you typed that because it applies far more to you than it does me.

Your type don't scare me.. so quit with the bullying 😜
'

Grow up. Nobody is bullying you OR your faith. If you think that your faith makes your ignorance and hatred acceptable then I feel for the congregation you are a part of because that's nothin that would have been taught in the church I grew up in. Hiding behind Bronze Age scripture to hustify willful ignorance makes you something antithetical to Christs own teachings. I'm not bullying you by pointing out facts when you hide behind opinions. You're a sad excuse for a follower of Christs teachings. And it's more egregious when you willfully ignore peer reviewed data and rely on one mans lies to support furthering your own ignorance laden agenda.

I'll let the living Christ be the judge on who's " peer reviewed data" I should accept and reject.
My spirit tells me His truth on this is far removed from yours .

I'm not angry with you Peter and I'm not spewing hate , just honesty, and I get attacked for it.
We'll just both have to be patient until final judgement on this issue comes from the higher spiritual realms.

In the meantime I'm not budging on my views of transitioning genders.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

be prepared for a surprise , when you have to sit and judge yourself for a third of the time you spent in the material realm
before you ascend

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

That's the biggest crock of garbage. Nobody is ridiculing Christian scientists. I certainly ridiculed their conclusions based on their agenda driven and sloppy "science" sure. But none of it had anything to do with them being Christians. This false "War on Christians " narrative constantly propagated on ATS is gettin a little old. It's the default method of deflection used whenever people aren't capable of or willing to discuss the science and prefer to push their personal motivations and feelings. I've yet to see you discuss what you feel the errors in methodology we're in the paper cited in the Time article, which I have provided a direct link to yesterday so that people could, you know, discuss the science. Nobody seems particularly interested in doing that though and all I see is religious persecution narratives. It's getting old and stale.

Really ? Nobody is ridiculing Christians ? Would you like me to go back and quote the posts ridiculing Christians and Christianity , especially when it may be Christianity that prevents people from fully accepting transgendered as perfectly scientifically normal.

Yes, please do that

I'm not interested in scientific papers that could very well be bias

Of course you're not. It gets in the way of your ability to play both bigot and victim.

... and the fact that it was the medical community that felt the need to create how many genders ? .. and I'm supposed to trust nutjobs like that? 🙄

And yet you're whining about potential confirmation bias from others when you start off with it and refuse to accept that you could be wrong? What a joke. Your own confirmation bias is why you are referring op others as "nut jobs" and you're so blinded by self righteous indignation that you can see the forest for the trees

Take your scientific studies and your egotistical condescending mean attitude and stick it.

I hope you were looking in the mirror when you typed that because it applies far more to you than it does me.

Your type don't scare me.. so quit with the bullying 😜
'

Grow up. Nobody is bullying you OR your faith. If you think that your faith makes your ignorance and hatred acceptable then I feel for the congregation you are a part of because that's nothin that would have been taught in the church I grew up in. Hiding behind Bronze Age scripture to hustify willful ignorance makes you something antithetical to Christs own teachings. I'm not bullying you by pointing out facts when you hide behind opinions. You're a sad excuse for a follower of Christs teachings. And it's more egregious when you willfully ignore peer reviewed data and rely on one mans lies to support furthering your own ignorance laden agenda.

I'll let the living Christ be the judge on who's " peer reviewed data" I should accept and reject.
My spirit tells me His truth on this is far removed from yours .

The problem is though, that you won't even read something merging that doesn't fit your agenda driven narrative yet openly embrace discredited and faulty research simply because it jives with your personal feelings.

I'm not angry with you Peter and I'm not spewing hate , just honesty, and I get attacked for it.We'll just both have to be patient until final judgement on this issue comes from the higher spiritual realms.

You really need to stop with the martyr routine. But nothing I say will have any impact on that. Your mind is closed to any possibility that you are personally uncomfortable with. Hiding behind your faith just adds to all of it and there's no benefit. Regardless, despite what you may think of me, I hold no I'll will towards you. The ATS motto is deny ignorance. If you're not will to even look at something that doesn't fit your preconceived notions then you are in fact embracing ignorance. But at the end of the day, it's not for me to judge you. You have to walk that path and answer for your own choices but spewing hatred infused vitriol and hiding behind statements like "I'm just speaking the truth" says far more about you than any transgendered person.

In the meantime I'm not budging on my views of transitioning genders.

Of course not. Not many people are willing to accept that they could be wrong about anything. At the end of the day, we are in the 21st Century, not the Bronze Age and the "inspired word of god" that you feel justifies your position is a hand selected group of wrot My compiled by a committee of a few hundred Romansat Laodicea in the 4th century and bears little resemblance to what Christians actually believed in the 1st and 2nd centuries. Thankfully this mindset is, while loud and vociferous, a minority. We're I attacking Christians as you claim, I would be attacking my own family
And heritage. This just isn't the case. A family friend is Dr. Francis Collins. He's an ardent Christian yet one of the worlds leading Geneticists and one of the founders of the Human Genome Project. His work in genetics is what allows us to prove that there are many underlying genetic causes and proves that being Transgendered is not a mental disorder.

Believe what you want though. It's your path to walk. But st the end of the day, this is a publicity message board filled with many different people from across the world. You can't expect to be coddled if the evidence doesn't support your views and then claim Christian persecution when people call you out on it.

Whatever our differences, may you lead a life blessed with love and happiness and perhaps someday, you won't be so judgemental in your views.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Like I said earlier .. let the living Christ be the judge.. if He appeared to me and told me I was wrong, I'd accept that in a heartbeat and would be more than willing to give apologies.

Time will tell on what the truth is on this issue of transgender , and I for one will listen to what I believe the Holy Spirit is telling me, until the living God speaks out clearly on the issue .

Thank you for wishing me happiness .. but the ways of the world don't lead to true happiness , and I won't be a blind follower to medical science that has created multiple genders out of their studies.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Sorry Sheye but they exist in nature and as far as I can recall god made nature , so you can take that up with him when you get there .

Why you dont show them compassion like christ would is beyond me
surely that is something that jesus / god will judge you on when the time comes,
what if your judgement of others and the whole gender issue is a test by your god to see if you
accept that which seems different and you are failing by not showing them the same compassion you would anyone else

edit on 17-7-2017 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

Sorry Sheye but they exist in nature and as far as I can recall god made nature , so you can take that up with him when you get there .

Why you dont show them compassion like christ would is beyond me
surely that is something that jesus / god will judge you on when the time comes,
what if your judgement of others and the whole gender issue is a test by your god to see if you
accept that which seems different and you are failing by not showing them the same compassion you would anyone else

She's used to the word "icky" to discuss why. Doesn't seem like a legitimate reason to me, but what do I know? According to Sheye I'm one of the condescending atheists, lol.

I unfortunately see this same attitude of "I ignore facts and only answer to the lord" where I both work and throughout my schooling. I'm trying to finish my masters in marine science and biological oceanography and throughout all the years I've been plugging away at this, I've been put through the ringer by many people of differing faiths (though mostly Christians, as they are more common in the area) who are constantly trying to argue against a lot of the scientific research we study. I cannot tell you how many times we've gone over a peer-reviewed report only to be met with rolling eyes from the Christian community because of how the field in which I'm studying focuses heavily on evolution. Of course, another topic entirely, which I'll save for another thread.

But, it does tie in with the unfortunate idea that because we attempt to use logic and reason, we are labeled stuffy, elitist bullies who hate Christians 'just because'.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ReyaPhemhurth

I only used the word icky because a previous poster had. I actually used the word repulsed more often 😜

I'm quite happy just being me. Like I've said before ,the judgement of mere mortals like you doesn't effect me, just as my judgement doesn't effect you . To each their own .. until divine truth speaks clearly.

edit on 17-7-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

a reply to: peter vlar

Like I said earlier .. let the living Christ be the judge.. if He appeared to me and told me I was wrong, I'd accept that in a heartbeat and would be more than willing to give apologies.

So had "the living Christ appeared to younto tell you that you are wrong to condescend, belittle and judge Transgendered people? If not, why then must he appear and tell you they you are incorrect in how you treat and judge them? Furthermore, which passage of scripture teaches that it's OK to judge them thusly? I'm genuinely curious what the impetus for your views stems from because I'm actually willing to look at both sides of the coin.

Time will tell on what the truth is on this issue of transgender

That time had already come. You simply refuse to accept that this is so

and I for one will listen to what I believe the Holy Spirit is telling me, until the living God speaks out clearly on the issue .

I'm pretty sure that if "God" made man in his image and Transgendered people were born the way they are, then as part of gods creation, he has spoken already.

Thank you for wishing me happiness .. but the ways of the world don't lead to true happiness

You are the only one responsible for your own happiness, regardless of the world around you, I genuinely meant it.

and I won't be a blind follower to medical science that has created multiple genders out of their studies.

Who asked you to be a blind follower of anything? The irony of that statement did bring a smile to my face though lol

There's a huge difference between blindlyfollowing or repeating something because of confirmation bias and openly looking at the data, the methodology and the results and analyzing the paper for errors. You haven't even looked at the actual scientific literature though so it takes an incredible degree of intellectual dishonesty to completely dismiss something without even looking at it. Particularly when your stance is that it's all from the medical community because that simply is not the case. Certainly, the medical community is informed by the peer reviewed evidence but there are multiple scientific disciplines doing research. The genetic data for example, was completely independent of medical research.

Could you please explain how you reach the conclusion that this data is based on confirmation bias without having read the papers? I at least read Dr McHugh's research. It's how I was able to see the flaws in methodology and determine how and why it was flawed. That's how peer review works. You publish your research, show your work and explain how you reached your conclusions. Then other people in the pertinent or related fields, goes over all the data to look for errors. But you didn't do any of that. The research disagrees with your personal OPINION and you simply dismissed it as bunk without having looked at any of it. An uninformed worldview isn't much of a worldview at all.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

But your judgement DOES affect other people. That's actually the entire point of the study cited in the OP and what differentiates between a transgendered person who is happy and well adjusted and a person with Gender Dysphoria. But then you would have had to read the pertinent data to know that and you've made it quite clear that you are more than content ignoring anything that disagrees with your minority brand of evangelical Christianity. And whether you believe me or not, what you perceive as me judging you is actually curiosity and befuddlement as your views don't echo any of my experiences in the Church or my own religious studies. I simply can't fathom how you rationalize the way you look at people who's lives don't reflect the way you think they should live.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

But your judgement DOES affect other people. That's actually the entire point of the study cited in the OP and what differentiates between a transgendered person who is happy and well adjusted and a person with Gender Dysphoria. But then you would have had to read the pertinent data to know that and you've made it quite clear that you are more than content ignoring anything that disagrees with your minority brand of evangelical Christianity. And whether you believe me or not, what you perceive as me judging you is actually curiosity and befuddlement as your views don't echo any of my experiences in the Church or my own religious studies. I simply can't fathom how you rationalize the way you look at people who's lives don't reflect the way you think they should live.

If transgendered people are so deeply affected by someone disagreeing with their transition then they need to grow up.
All sorts of people disagree with others.. it's not a reason to contemplate suicide , which is why I think there are alternative reasons for their depression.

People disagree with my beliefs all the time, and often can be rude and condescending. I'm not running around to doctors saying I feel like killing myself because people don't accept my views. I take it with a grain of salt.. and continue on my merry way. 😁

If you suffer depression because of people not agreeing on your transition , that is on you. Be responsible for your own feelings and beliefs, and quit caring how others feel and what they say, instead of trying to change them.

I won't change my view, and don't let those who disagree with me cause a meltdown worthy of psychiatric attention... though I will discuss these issues with friends.

edit on 17-7-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

and once again jesus would show compassion to those who suffer any kind of suffering , and transgender people do suffer
and there you are saying nah ill pass just because it disgusts me !

not very christian of you is it , and you shall be judged by the lord almighty when your time comes , wonder what remarks he will male at your lack of compassion for your brothers and sisters , we are all the lords children are we not ?

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Yeah the gay men who were dragged on gravel road by trucks should have grown up.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone mentioned this,

But it seems like all animals evolved to have an optimum amount of diversity.

This creates an ability to adapt to environmental changes.

For instance, if suddenly the only available mates do not look like the opposite sex, there is an advantage to those that prefer the same sex.

Since society has ostracized people into traditional marriage for so long, something that is normally fairly rare has temporarily become over represented in the population.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

and once again jesus would show compassion to those who suffer any kind of suffering , and transgender people do suffer

not very christian of you is it , and you shall be judged by the lord almighty when your time comes , wonder what remarks he will male at your lack of compassion for your brothers and sisters , we are all the lords children are we not ?

Jesus would probably drive the demons out of them... with compassion.. as well
forgiving them for not loving themselves as God intended they should. If God the creator intended you to be another gender he would have created you as that gender.

Now .. the human body has been reduced to a bag of cells that can be labeled genderless , which I see as an afront to the human dignity of gender which God created lovingly with procreation in mind.

In 20 to 30 years.... never mind .. I don't want to think about how worse it could get.

Does Jesus love transgendered people ? Of course .. he loves all humans equally and died for all our sins... but you'll never convince me that Jesus would agree to transitioning... especially of a child.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Jesus would probably drive the demons out of them... with compassion.. as well
forgiving them for not loving themselves as God intended they should. If God the creator intended you to be another gender he would have created you as that gender.

Now .. the human body has been reduced to a bag of cells that can be labeled genderless , which I see as an afront to the human dignity of gender which God created lovingly with procreation in mind.

In 20 to 30 years.... never mind .. I don't want to think about how worse it could get.

Does Jesus love transgendered people ? Of course .. he loves all humans equally and died for all our sins... but you'll never convince me that Jesus would agree to transitioning... especially of a child.

Drive the demons out of them? A bit of a stretch and an archaic way to think. I can't believe I even really need to type this but here it goes...there's no scientific evidence to support the existence of demons. On top of that, you saying that members of the trans community are filled with demons...wow..that's all I can manage to come up with. Lol.

And you're really playing a crazy game of back and forth hopscotch within this thread, Sheye. One moment you talk about how they 'repulse' (which is even harsher and more unkind of a word than 'icky') you, then you say how you don't hate them and feel bad for them for experiencing suicidal thoughts...then you lay the ignorance on thick with both suddenly and randomly shrugging their hardships and struggles off by saying "They're responsible for their own feelings". Man, I'd hate to have that mind of yours. It's evident it's all over the place.

This always ends up happening when people try to converse, discuss or debate with you in any thread in which you 'contribute'. What starts out as, at least, an attempt to put forth some effort of a debate turns quickly into you not being able to provide any evidence to back up your claims/assertions/opinion/whatever-you-want-to-call-thems, followed by you metaphorically sticking your fingers in your ears, all while shouting "Lalala, not listening to you! The Lord will prove you wrong! The Lord this, the lord that!'

Your regression into blatantly ignoring facts, evidence and research by using your beloved little Jesus blanket statement shows that you are taking your 'opinions' and are putting them out there as, what you unfortunately believe, are facts. When they're not. They're opinions. Incredibly short-sighted, unfounded and close-minded opinions.

But I'm sure you knew I'd say this and I'm sure you don't give a hoot because Jesus, right?

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
i mean Sheye is not wrong tho
i'm just... chock full of demons
edit on 17-7-2017 by continuousThunder because: they warn you of the wolves but they don't warn you about the sheep

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

If transgendered people are so deeply affected by someone disagreeing with their transition then they need to grow up.

Thank you so much for the clarification here. For the record, please don't cry Christian persecution again in this thread. You're not a Christian. You're a bigot hiding behind a bible. Nothing more.

All sorts of people disagree with others.. it's not a reason to contemplate suicide , which is why I think there are alternative reasons for their depression.

Sweet, can you cite your research so I can properly review it. I mean, if you have an alternative hypothesis you must have based it upon some form of research and properly written it up , right?

People disagree with my beliefs all the time, and often can be rude and condescending. I'm not running around to doctors saying I feel like killing myself because people don't accept my views. I take it with a grain of salt.. and continue on my merry way. 😁

Have you stopped to consider that people are rude because you're the condescending, arrogant one? Oh golly no! That certainly couldn't be the case because you're just a good old fashioned Christian holding up the lofty ideals of your lord and savior! LaVeyan Satanists have more in common with Christs teachings than you do.

If you suffer depression because of people not agreeing on your transition , that is on you. Be responsible for your own feelings and beliefs, and quit caring how others feel and what they say, instead of trying to change them.

You just can't argue facts and need to create a strawman to support your inane narrative. It's sad and I honestly pity you. Nobody is depressed because someone disagrees with them, nor was that what I stated. Likewise, it wasn't the premise of the citations in the OP. But hey, why deal in facts when you can create your own fairy tale and feel superior!
It's got nothing to do with opinions. Everyone has one, just like another oriface that seems rather apropos right now

I won't change my view, and don't let those who disagree with me cause a meltdown worthy of psychiatric attention... though I will discuss these issues with friends.

I'll have to assume that it's not your fault that you're so filled with hatred and judgement regarding something you refuse to actually research properly and guess that you're suffering from hypoxia because the air isn't so thin up there atop you're ivory tower.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Jesus would probably drive the demons out of them... with compassion..

Wow... when I thought you couldn't make me more nauseous... drive the demons out of them? You need to seek help. If I write what I would like I would be banned from ATS.

as well forgiving them for not loving themselves as God intended they should.

So how exactly do you know gods intention for these people? Do you have a direct line like Comissioner Gordon in Batman?

If God the creator intended you to be another gender he would have created you as that gender.

Then why didn't our god create the genes and impose the gene expression that leads to such scenarios? You must know right? You know what God intends for everyone's after all.

Man, it must be so glorious to have the big guys war and know his every intent and desire!

Well, hopefully there will
Be fewer bigots hiding behind bibles by then so it sounds like a much brighter future to me.

And here we are again, back to creating a strawman fairy tale that has nothing to do with the topic of the thread. Who the hell is giving children gender reassignment surgery? I'll give you a hint... NOBODY. I get it though, learning facts makes it harder to present your bigotry as in line with faith. You're not a Christian. Satanists are more compassionate and caring than you present yourself as. Absolutely vile and wretched.

I can't participate in this nonsense anymore. I'm going to get banned because I won't be able to hold my tongue. Best ignorance luck to everyone who doesn't have hate in their hearts and can read and understand facts.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ReyaPhemhurth

That's right.. according to your type there is ZERO proof of God, or Jesus, or demons... and I'm just an archaic thinker and obviously ignores real facts of science.

Science is not GOD.. it was created by God.. but it has been subjected to human tampering for the wrong reasons for eons.

I believe Satans war is against humans .. and when we are reduced to a bag of cells to study and determine what gender we may choose... it feels like satan is winning the war to me.

I do have compassion for the transgendered soul, but why should they be coddled and made to feel perfectly normal just so their life can be easier.

My life isn't so easy at times because of my choices and decisions... but I'm not asking anyone to change their opinion to make me feel better. I'm simply asking that others give me the right to my opinion for the time being.

Let's agree to disagree... and if we can't do that .. well .. then we're really in trouble.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Thank you so much for the clarification here. For the record, please don't cry Christian persecution again in this thread. You're not a Christian. You're a bigot hiding behind a bible. Nothing more.

Sweet, can you cite your research so I can properly review it. I mean, if you have an alternative hypothesis you must have based it upon some form of research and properly written it up , right?

Have you stopped to consider that people are rude because you're the condescending, arrogant one? Oh golly no! That certainly couldn't be the case because you're just a good old fashioned Christian holding up the lofty ideals of your lord and savior! LaVeyan Satanists have more in common with Christs teachings than you do.

You just can't argue facts and need to create a strawman to support your inane narrative. It's sad and I honestly pity you. Nobody is depressed because someone disagrees with them, nor was that what I stated. Likewise, it wasn't the premise of the citations in the OP. But hey, why deal in facts when you can create your own fairy tale and feel superior!
It's got nothing to do with opinions. Everyone has one, just like another oriface that seems rather apropos right now

I'll have to assume that it's not your fault that you're so filled with hatred and judgement regarding something you refuse to actually research properly and guess that you're suffering from hypoxia because the air isn't so thin up there atop you're ivory tower.

If I could give you ten million stars, I really would.

And I'd also give you the biggest hammer in the galaxy, because you hit every nail on its head.

Everything you say is so perfectly put and it's everything that I feel and wish I could say to a 't'. I can feel exactly what you're feeling when you post what you post and it's exactly what I wish I could say, except I can never seem to find a way to perfectly say what I wish I could.

Thank you for being a voice of reason among Sheye's sea of nonsense. I'm not trying to be overtly flattering for the fun of it, I really mean this.

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join