It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study: Being Transgender Is Not A Mental Disorder

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: skynet2015

HAHAHA. "Gender envy". Is that like penis envy? That would apply to some transvestites, not transgender people.
Thank you for the laugh.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: JDmOKI

Transgender people make for under 1% of the population.

Agreed so is that an excuse for a small case study?

So we can't make any conclusions? It's ok to debate the possibility this is a disorder

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Not an excuse. An explanation. If it was a larger population then I would complain about the small study.
Are you ignoring the 4% part? Because that shows that transgender children with loving and accepting parents have much lower risk for suicide.
It is also a possibility that Christians have a disorder.
edit on 7/14/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

we also notice that the study isnt linked in the source article , which would be nice but for some reason none of the studies are available for further reading. It would bode well for every person writing about transgender research to inlcude links to help folks like us in discussions.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

HAHAHA. "Gender envy". Is that like penis envy? That would apply to some transvestites, not transgender people.
Thank you for the laugh.

Whats the difference between transvestite and transgender?

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

There just simply isnt enough trans people taking part in studies for whatever reasons , trans people make up 1 in 100 of the population so that is still a large number of humans on earth. There should be an approach to encourage trans community to take part in more studies.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Oh they are doing that. Or so I think? Would be good to find out. I agree that they should be encouraged more to take a part in studies.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOf40

Thank you for the laugh.

A Transvestite is a man who lives and identifies as a man but gets sexual arousal out of wearing women's clothing. Transgender is when your concept of self in regards to your gender identity does not align with your outward plumbing. Clinically referred to as gender dysphoria which causes distress for the individual unless they are able to transition into the appropriate gender and have a good emotional support network.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Funny that I managed to find THIS in the Time article linked in the Op as well as linked multiple citations throughout the thread.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
John can play Jill, but he'd better stay out of my daughter's locker room.
Look up the Hermetic principle of gender.
Thank you

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Q33323
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
John can play Jill, but he'd better stay out of my daughter's locker room.
Look up the Hermetic principle of gender.
Thank you

Little Johny can go into whichever locker room he wants and there's nothing you can do to stop it. Get used to it, it's real, and it's here to stay. The old bigots will die out and a new loving world will follow where locker rooms no longer matter. A genderless society where we can all be accepted.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

It is also a possibility that Christians have a disorder.

If science can prove Christians have a disorder, then we may just see an uprise in attempted suicides due to bullying of children and adults. Is that when science steps in and says ... enough.. they were wired this way.. who's to deny them their happiness and their rights ?

I almost think there may come a time when they will tag Christianity as a mental disorder , but they'll have to do that with all religions, if they do it with one...and I'm sure most of those egotistical athiests within the higher realms of scientific study may well be anticipating this with glee.

I don't hate transgendered people.. in fact I feel sorry for them, and would not feel right about seeing one bullied.
I also don't think it's a mental illness...I think it's a disorder caused within spiritual realms... but since I have no "scientific " proof .. I'll leave that opinion sit without further explaining.

Obviously I haven't studied much on the topic, but I don't trust man's scientific explanation on everything. Mere mortals will never really understand the complexities of humans and their behaviours and natures.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

They almost included religion as a delusion. Or as least fundamentalism. You can at least agree that extreme fundamentalism is a mental disorder. I mean look at Robert Dear and radical Muslims.
My point was that if you are going to tell me that there's a possibility that gender dysphoria is a mental disorder then I can equally state that religion is a mental disorder.
You can believe that gender dysphoria is a mental disorder but that doesn't make it so. You have the right to not believe the scientists. What you do not have the right is to encourage child abuse if the transgender children experience distress from parents refusing to seek help for them.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Would never dream of encouraging child abuse . Like I said if I had a child displaying tendencies , we would have some nice chats over hot cocoa, and with patience and wisdom hopefully I wouldn't feel the need to bring him to complete strangers for help. Some of these people are nutjobs in my opinion and I wouldn't want their influence on my own child who I love with all my heart.

*sighs* the end 😕

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I'm sure some of them are nutjobs but people need to point them out for us to see. So far nobody ever done that.
Family doctors are not complete strangers. And they trust their doctors to refer them to the right doctors.
And you're right. If the parents accept their child's gender dysphoria then they don't need to bring them to doctors except for hormone therapy at the appriopriate age.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I doubt you will believe me, but I not only would, but I have stepped in when I've seen people being bullied for being of different faith. I'm one of those naive idealists who conned their parents into signing the paperwork so that I could enlist at 17 because I believed that strongly in the integrity and beauty of the U.S. Constitution with the First Amendment being my favorite because it allows me to stand up for the rights given by the rest of that document. But I digress... growing up Catholic, I was bullied and picked on by the Protestant kids, being an altar boy got me beat up for supporting pedophiles, having a lesbian for a mom (yes it's true for every ignorant bigot who claims homosexuality is an evolutionary dead end) while going to a Catholic school made me an easy target for being physically abused by the lay teachers and the nuns said it was God acting through them as his instrument of justice to ensure that I didn't make the same terrible choices my mother had. Ironically they had no problem taking her money and cashing the checks we wrote!

Granted, I have little patience and tolerance for people hiding behind their Faith as a rationalization to justify their own ignorant and bigoted views and I will call them out on it because I probably know their good book better than the cherry picking quote miners do. But if I saw you on the street, and someone was hassling you for some BS reason or singling you out for your faith alone, I would teach them a fine lesson in manners. I don't tolerate bullies regardless of how the dress, what gender they identify with, who they fall in life with or who they pray to.

Do me a favor and please think about that before you stereotype people working in science or with backgrounds in science as egotistical atheists waiting gleefully for the day we get to stack all the Bible's, Torahs, Q'rans, Bhagavad Gita's and on and on... into a pile and light them ablaze as we dance naked praising Baphomet. The notion is ludicrous and I think you would be surprised how many people of faith are prominent scientists working to better the world for everyone, not just a select few.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOf40

Little Johny can go into whichever locker room he wants and there's nothing you can do to stop it. Get used to it, it's real, and it's here to stay.

So you are saying that little Johnny can claim he is trans, he is pretending so he can get into a middle school to see semi-nude female teens, yeah mom's and Dad's have the right to say no to that, when their 15 year old daughter complains that she was being leered at and ogled at in the change room. Because if you think that 15 year girls don't have rights to protect them against that, then really who has the messed up set of standards ?

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

I think if your daughter is 15 and still in middle school, you've got bigger problems at hand than who's in the locker room!

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix

originally posted by: NorthOf40

Thank you for the laugh.

A Transvestite is a man who lives and identifies as a man but gets sexual arousal out of wearing women's clothing. Transgender is when your concept of self in regards to your gender identity does not align with your outward plumbing.

That's both BS and sexist.

It's the suggestion that thoughts and feelings are gender specific. It's the suggestion that someone can sit there and tell a boy that his thoughts don't align with how boys should think but rather they're thoughts that girls should think, therefor, girl trapped in a boy's body.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Who are telling them that?

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join