It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study: Being Transgender Is Not A Mental Disorder

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

So you think the transgender children should be forced to act as their biological sex until they become adults?

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

So you think the transgender children should be forced to act as their biological sex until they become adults?

Yep... because they ARE their biological sex.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

What do you do with Transvestite?

Basic biology says 2 genders, this is because it's BASIC.

If someone is born without Sexual Organs what then?
What about XXY, XXYY and the many ACTUAL other sexual chromosomes that exists not even considering the brain?

Speaking of the brain and development, what do you think of that being a three stage process, that can conflict even with normal genetics(XY) in the programming stages of just having them match up the same?

Do you have an opinion of pre-mature birth and these effects on the brain?

My opinion is you have more opinions than facts. With all that aside, you're still Judgemental to boot over it even if 'correct'.

(Spoiler: You're not correct.)
edit on 13-7-2017 by DoneWithHumans because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

You do realize that that is child abuse? That very attitude is what causes depression. You wish that on transgender children?

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

You do realize that that is child abuse? That very attitude is what causes depression. You wish that on transgender children?

By using her own words, she will say yes because it will save her from having to feel "icky" about something she does not agree with.

edit on 13-7-2017 by ReyaPhemhurth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoneWithHumans

What about XXY, XXYY and the many ACTUAL other sexual chromosomes that exists not even considering the brain?

Speaking of the brain and development, what do you think of that being a three stage process, that can conflict even with normal genetics(XY) in the programming stages of just having them match up the same?

My opinion is you have more opinions than facts. With all that aside, you're still Judgemental to boot over it even if 'correct'.

You'll just end up sadly going in circles because, in the end, all they have are personal opinions and 'feelings'. Sure, you can't deny that people are certainly free to have their opinions, but when it comes to wanting to enforce an opinion based on personal morals as a means of legislation and law, one needs to use actual science. Not what they read about in their religious text and not based on what they feel or whether they feel 'icky' about something.

When asked for evidence and scientific reason and logic, they'll argue up and down with their strawman-scarecrow army and nonsense that has no logical backing.

So yes, it's mostly a free world in which people inherently have the right to an opinion, but to pass off opinions as facts...especially when they can't even back up their opinions to strengthen it in any way with actual logic, scientific study and research reports/academic findings, you have to ask yourself, "Why am I not taking what they say with a grain of salt?"

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Your opinion is too twisted to even negotiate with.

Tax payer money is a mind blowing concept to even be angry over this.

Something like 60% of trans do not even get any of the treatment they're seeking and accept themselves just like you described.

The idea Tax money is even a key point is a huge step in the wrong direction. The controllers of the conversation have got you where they want you for sure. You've paid for none of my transition. And I pay the highest tax bracket, where the hell am I supposed to sign up to be angry knowing I probably pay more than most of you? This is a childish notion of importance when it comes to actual rights and freedoms, the things that matter. Not to mention price of a transition itself is one of the most exaggerated things ever, ranging amateur guesses between $20,000 and A MILLION dollars each.

You can afford the primary surgery for as cheap as $2,000. Even if Taxes was part of this, it's so negligible you would have to be the most selfish person ever the deny the less-than-probably-a-dollar that goes to 'it' a year from you personally. Hormones cost a whopping $24 a year and that's the primary treatment for most people.

Very well said. Not to mention, in many countries there exist laws that require those wishing to transition to get psych evals before being given the ability to have any sort of operation. Those against it fail to realize this They simply don't agree with it/are against it and say that it's simply a mental illness and they shrug it off from there.

Though, if one does actual research, one can find that in many nations, it is an actual requirement to be deemed NOT MENTALLY ILL by a professional in the field before they'll let them "mutilate" (terrible, archaic word, imo.)their bodies.

But what do I know? Broadening one's knowledge by means of research is close minded and wrong! *shrugs*

edit on 13-7-2017 by ReyaPhemhurth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ReyaPhemhurth

To me this sounds like the Left won, idk why the Right keeps cheering on as they praise the very behavior they supposedly despise.

Her queezy feelings alone get to dictate the life and It's quality of a child? Sounds like checkmate for personal freedoms if you ask me. What a bunch of loons. Can we force their Style and Religious preferance also and just live bi-curiously through them as if they were our personal prisoners?

The truth is they run around screaming Hillay, when we can't even get pedophiles out of the churches.
edit on 13-7-2017 by DoneWithHumans because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Based on what though? Have you had genetic testing done to see what their chromosome count was and to check for any of the numerous genetic anomalies that aren't self evident? Or are you basing this statement solely out outward morphology?

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

a reply to: ReyaPhemhurth

To me this sounds like the Left won, idk why the Right keeps cheering on as they praise the very behavior they supposedly despise.

Her queezy feelings alone get to dictate the life and It's quality of a child? Sounds like checkmate for personal freedoms if you ask me. What a bunch of loons. Can we force their Style and Religious preferance also and just live bi-curiously through them as if they were our personal prisoners?

The truth is they run around screaming Hillay, when we can't even get pedophiles out of the churches.

Lol, exactly.

Imagine someone signing a law into effect with the reason being "Just because" or "Not doing it would be yucky-poo!!"

That's all I hear. When confronted with research and scientific findings...or...if they legitimately have someone who is trans firsthand telling them of their hardships in the most sincere way you could possibly imagine...it will all fall on deaf ears. They'll just argue until the day's done that you think anyone who doesn't agree with you is considered wrong. When it's not as if we're saying their wrong for HAVING an opinion (because, obviously, everyone is going to have an opinion), it's just that when fact proves what they feel is incorrect, instead of changing their narrative to fit the truths that have been found, they change the truths somehow to fit their outdated narrative.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DoneWithHumans

For what it's worth, I appreciate your candor in this thread. It's nice to see someone who identifies as a conservative actually adhering to conservative principles instead of calling themselves a conservative and espousing evangelical religious principles and rationalizing that stance.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

Based on what though? Have you had genetic testing done to see what their chromosome count was and to check for any of the numerous genetic anomalies that aren't self evident? Or are you basing this statement solely out outward morphology?

Gotta love asking questions to Sheye when you already know what the actual answer to be.

But who knows, maybe Sheye is a well-studied person in disguise?

Remains to be seen; until then, she deems her opinions verifiable by means of her feeling "icky".

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReyaPhemhurth

Gotta love asking questions to Sheye when you already know what the actual answer to be.

Remains to be seen; until then, she deems her opinions verifiable by means of her feeling "icky".

If you actually read the thread you will see I did not originally bring the word icky into it... the back posts do tell a story.

So .. only well " studied" folk can have an opinion ? I need 4 degrees and to have read copious amounts of material on the subject ?

Someday those that profess to know so much will realize how foolish they may really be.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Hilarious. But it actually means what it implies and you should no less sooner not tell me to light my own damned hair on fire than oppress my ability to do so.

When you're a kid, I tell you not to light your hair on fire.

When you become an adult, you can make up your own mind.

I'll still tell you not to light your hair, and explain that it'll burn your scalp, and leave a scar.

You don't have to believe me. You can find out for yourself.

But, don't say that nobody "warned" you.

So, the fathers who love their children, tell their children what's good and what's bad. The kids are not old enough to understand all the reasons, so the father just says "don't do this, don't to that."

Religion does the same things with adult humans, who lack the knowledge to understand the reasons.

Priests (called "Fathers" for a reason) tell the masses the same kind of things fathers tell their own kids.

Of course, just like any rebellious teenagers, there's a time when the adults don't respect the wisdom of the Priests either.

In our modern age, there is so much information and disinformation out there, that many people are truly lost.

Some people believe all science is "fiction", made up just to control people, and impose particular views on others.

Typically, you'll find all the LBGTQ.. individuals lack a basic science education. They are all into "arts", and "music", and "drama", and "film", and "politics", and all the "creative imagination" fields where you can "make things up" and "make believe" anything you want. Moreover, lacking any ability to handle logic and reason, they appeal to "emotions" and their dialog is all attacks on the person delivering the message, instead of any reasoned counter to the message itself, because their life doesn't use reason, only emotion and "feeling."

I feel this way, therefore it must be right. -- LGBTQ...

Anyone who tells be anything that may inhibit my "feeling" must be "oppressing me" -- LGBTQ...

Some of us do know better than others. We are educated. We know things. Our life is not just determined by "feeling."

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I happen to be Republican. I also voted for Trump. My sneaking suspicion is that this means very different things between the two of us, to each of us.

To me part of the entire point of freedom, is things like this, and I'll be the first to kick the racists and fascists out of the way to say it can still be done right in a Republic.

Just because some jerk with his own plagiarized bible thinks himself more divine, doesn't make it so. The whole 'football fan' culture entering politics is disheartening but they have a long way to go if they think they're actually going to change what it means to be Republican.

A patriot dies for his countrymen. Not blood, skin, hair or nails.

You are so wonderful and so fiery, I love it. Thank you for existing. You make so much sense, my brain might collapse.

(post by ZedaStack removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ZedaStack

You're too late for the award. Someone else already mentioned pedophilia.
I'll give you a participation trophy out of pity.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

You'll just end up sadly going in circles because, in the end, all they have are personal opinions and 'feelings'. Sure, you can't deny that people are certainly free to have their opinions, but when it comes to wanting to enforce an opinion based on personal morals as a means of legislation and law, one needs to use actual science. Not what they read about in their religious text and not based on what they feel or whether they feel 'icky' about something.

When asked for evidence and scientific reason and logic, they'll argue up and down with their strawman-scarecrow army and nonsense that has no logical backing.

So yes, it's mostly a free world in which people inherently have the right to an opinion, but to pass off opinions as facts...especially when they can't even back up their opinions to strengthen it in any way with actual logic, scientific study and research reports/academic findings, you have to ask yourself, "Why am I not taking what they say with a grain of salt?"

Whenever you are presented with scientific studies that go against your beliefs , you simply dismiss them as being garbage anyhow.

I've seen it happen more than a few times ... so why bother.

Of course , according to you, only the intelligient and highly educated or well read person can have an opinion on what is best for a child.
Pretty soon you'll have to pass exams written by these self righteous pseudo intellectuals to even have the freedom to get pregnant and have children.

"Don't believe transgender is normal ? ... bad parent ... give us your kid ! "

edit on 13-7-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

If you actually read the thread you will see I did not originally bring the word icky into it... the back posts do tell a story.

So .. only well " studied" folk can have an opinion ? I need 4 degrees and to have read copious amounts of material on the subject ?

Someday those that profess to know so much will realize how foolish they may really be.

Oh, Sheye!

Whether or not you used the word icky in this thread makes no difference. Unless of course you're a belief chameleon and you're beliefs and opinions change from thread to thread...which I know is not the case. You used the word 'icky' and you continue throughout your posting history to describe trans and gays as having a lifestyle...which it's not. Science and research has proven that it is not a choice.

And secondly, if YOU had read my posts, you would see that I never said that you had to be 'well-studied' to have an opinion. Everyone can have any opinion they like, as I mentioned above in my other posts. But what HELPS is having opinions once research has been done on a particular issue. It HELPS to base your beliefs once you have a better idea of what'd actually going on. Have an opinion, no one is stopping you. But if there is legitimate scientific evidence and findings that is contrary to your beliefs/opinions, it's (almost always) mutually agreed that you should be open minded to changing your views once they have been proven wrong.

If I lived my entire life inside and had never been to the ocean but formed an opinion that it was made out of jello, but later came across the truth that people have actually been to the ocean and have found that..wow...it's actually made of water and not jello...I wouldn't keep on with my opinion/belief that it's made of jello. I would change my previously limited perspective to fit the truth..which is that #'s made of water.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Aaahh, you're beloved religious warning. Couldn't have a night without that.

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join