It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study: Being Transgender Is Not A Mental Disorder

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I’m mostly laughing at your spelling and grammatical errors.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Always the usual suspects in those threads, every single time.
This is getting tiring. I find solace in fact that they will be gone in couple of decades and people will be more understanding and accepting.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I find solace in this too, friend.

One can hope.
edit on 11-7-2017 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
a reply to: Raggedyman

Please keep your private lives private. I don't think you need to share it out on the streets

Please keep your heterosexual life private. My gods, do you have to share it all the time on the streets!?

I think most do, I am sure it's a small minority
What have you seen, where do you hang out

Funny, I have a gay niece, another friend is also gay, she owes me a meal.
Neither one of them are flaunting their lives like so many others do

But woe me, if I even dare say something that challenges you or anyone

I have every right to be me, you can't make me what you want me to be, no amount of nagging

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
You are screwing with the genetics of our food and you believe it doesn't have any human biological effects?
All the chemicals in the food is for me the cause of all this 21century sexual identity crisis. This simply did not exist a few centuries ago.
If you do a check up of these transgenders backgrounds, you will find they have lived a very "unnatural" life.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I think most do

Are you omniscient!? How else would you know??

...at more enlightening gatherings than you have, apparently

Funny, I have a gay niece, another friend is also gay,

Blah blah blah. Yeah, we’ve heard this before so many times. Just ‘cuz you know a gay person doesn’t mean you’re an ally. In fact, playing that bull# card says a lot about your actual position. Your history towards LGBT here speaks for itself.
edit on 11-7-2017 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: intergalactic fire

I eat the same food as most other folks.

If what you are saying was true then I am pretty sure we would all be swapping gender.

Actually what you say makes no sense you are making the assumption that genetically modified food ingested can somehow alter the make up of our DNA, as if eating a GM burger is going to start swapping all my chromosomes about.

Again the ignorance on this topic is outstanding.

Now am off to go eat a GM sausage then braid my hair.....

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

What makes you think this is a genetic issue?
This could be brain chemistry and that could easily be affected by the food we eat.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Could you elaborate on this "felt different" at the age of 4? I'm the OP of the current active transgender thread and I've been trying to figure out how it's possible for an infant to realize their "different" when they can barely comprehend the basics of gender.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

a reply to: Deaf Alien

I find solace in this too, friend.

One can hope.

I'm sorry, but what a terrible thing to hope for! Those with opposing opinions, beliefs, morals, ethics, etc. are slated for death soon and you can't wait??

You find solace in that?

That's pretty morbid and extreme. Further, there seems to be more blowback on these issues verses support, and a couple decades and the death of a generation will somehow usher in a era of understanding and acceptance??

That simply wreaks of an agenda with a favorable outcome by those pushing it.

That's not the attitude one needs to gain support and empathy on this issue.

link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

What makes you think this is a genetic issue?
This could be brain chemistry and that could easily be affected by the food we eat.

I never said it was a genetic issue i was addressing a member who suggested it was caused by messing with the genetics of our food.

I think the jury is still out on why some people experience gender dyspepsia although its honestly not something i have devoted much time to.

All i am saying is that the gender one identifies with shouldn't really have anything to do with anyone else.

link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: intergalactic fire

I eat the same food as most other folks.

If what you are saying was true then I am pretty sure we would all be swapping gender.

Actually what you say makes no sense you are making the assumption that genetically modified food ingested can somehow alter the make up of our DNA, as if eating a GM burger is going to start swapping all my chromosomes about.

Again the ignorance on this topic is outstanding.

Now am off to go eat a GM sausage then braid my hair.....

Are you sure about that?
BPA lines every tin can of food we purchase, BPA mimics estrogen. Every time you are handed a recipe, the ink on it has a chemical that mimics estrogen. Many of the drugs that we are prescribed have adverse side effects such as men growing breasts and yes, I can claim I am a victim of what some would call nice A cups but they are quite unsitely for a man to be sporting them.

Our bodies are all chemically unique, so what might effect some, does not effect others.
edit on 11-7-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I dont get why people get so upset about this whole issue.

If John wants to be Jill its no skin off my nose.

That´s not the problem.

The problem is if somebody will make you believe that this is the most common and natural thing that exists on earth.

Hmmm, is that why the majority of the earth population is not transgender, gay or whatever, but average heterosexuals, creating families and producing babies? Because it´s so common, so average, so "normal"?

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Sure

But i should not be forced to share there #ed up delusions.

Forced how? By being decent to them?
I'm forced to share in people #ed up delusions of an all knowing magic sky man.
That delusion is even on our money.

You re not dealing with #

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

They can't.. it is all based off of the parents opinion and psych exam...

A psych exam that is only correct like 20% of the time.. to be fair the only study done was flawed, but still say they get it right 50% of the time...

That's still not a good enough success rate for a drug to pass the FDA..

That's not good enough to me to give children hormone therapy or what have you..

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

That´s not the problem.

The problem is if somebody will make you believe that this is the most common and natural thing that exists on earth.

Hmmm, is that why the majority of the earth population is not transgender, gay or whatever, but average heterosexuals, creating families and producing babies? Because it´s so common, so average, so "normal"?

So would i be right then in saying you also oppose homosexuality by that statement?

The human race is not going to die out because a few of us like to swap gender and another few of us are in same sex relationships. Actually if anything we could use with less of us 2 legged apes so perhaps this is a good thing.
edit on 11-7-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Nope not assuming that unless you believe transgenders have different DNA.
Not only talking about gmo food, there are lot more chemicals in your food that your internal chemistry can alter.
Ooh what about medicine, i'm sure they have effects we don't know about.

I never attacked you people and why joking about probably one of the most important things on human health?
If food can make you sick and change a cell's function which could lead to all sorts of diseases why can't it change your thinking(chemistry) on who you are?

What affects your body doesn't mean it also affects my body. There are many clinical trials to prove that.

If you want to braid your hair I don't care, i have nothing against you people. Everyone should be free to be want they want.

edit on 11-7-2017 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Well at least there's something we agree on, lol.

I really am curious to hear her thoughts though.

+4 more 
link   
Silly me, here I was thinking that you'd give us something to substantiate the claim that transgenderism is not a mental disorder - seeing as that's the title.

I'm not declaring a position, but I opened this thread because I was genuinely interested to read about the new study on this subject and instead am presented with a few hugs 'n puppies paragraphs about how being mean makes people sad.

Anyway, silly me.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I think most do

Are you omniscient!? How else would you know??

...at more enlightening gatherings than you have, apparently

Funny, I have a gay niece, another friend is also gay,

Blah blah blah. Yeah, we’ve heard this before so many times. Just ‘cuz you know a gay person doesn’t mean you’re an ally. In fact, playing that bull# card says a lot about your actual position. Your history towards LGBT here speaks for itself.

Oh dear me, oh dear you
You poor silly girl
I am no ally, no wish to be an ally to anyone, especially the crazies who pick fights with everyone

I am a friend of gays, not an ally, don't force your hates on to me.
I pity you and your need for allies, you are in a war you are waging, you are the victim and your own enemy

I am not omniscient but I see more of those with an alternate sexual lifestyle flaunting it than, dare I say normal, yes normal people.

Because no matter what I am told, the alternate is not normal.

Just make sure you understand this, people like you, speaking and acting the way you do, do as much damage as those who you hate.

My history here, please go on dear girl, please

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join