It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study: Being Transgender Is Not A Mental Disorder

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: birdonwire

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Deaf Alien

The one from the op

Yep. A debunked "psychiatrist" and his "study" at John Hopkins.
What about it?
Debunked by who, can you provide proof, or is this your usual hollow, empty, meaninless rheatoric that I see a pattern with in your posts?

I've already told you there is a thread on that here on ATS. Do you want me to link you so that you can add your opinion to it?
You gonna link to the thread that you say debunks the John Hopkins study that says the following?

Johns Hopkins Psychiatrist: Transgender is ‘Mental Disorder;' Sex Change ‘Biologically Impossible’

Dr. Paul R. McHugh, the former psychiatrist-in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital and its current Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry, said that transgenderism is a “mental disorder” that merits treatment, that sex change is “biologically impossible,” and that people who promote sexual reassignment surgery are collaborating with and promoting a mental disorder.

Dr. McHugh, the author of six books and at least 125 peer-reviewed medical articles, made his remarks in a recent commentary in the Wall Street Journal, where he explained that transgender surgery is not the solution for people who suffer a “disorder of ‘assumption’” – the notion that their maleness or femaleness is different than what nature assigned to them biologically.

He also reported on a new study showing that the suicide rate among transgendered people who had reassignment surgery is 20 times higher than the suicide rate among non-transgender people. Dr. McHugh further noted studies from Vanderbilt University and London’s Portman Clinic of children who had expressed transgender feelings but for whom, over time, 70%-80% “spontaneously lost those feelings.”

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   

More studies that support the study I had found, interesting. Thank you for the link.

A recent study released from Israel's Weizmann Institute of Science refutes propaganda from LGBT activists who detach gender completely from sex and promote that men can become so-called "women" by merely "identifying" as female, and vice-versa.

Professor Shmuel Pietrokovski and Dr. Moran Gershoni, both researchers from the Weizmann Institute's Molecular Genetics Department, "looked closely at around 20,000 protein-coding genes, sorting them by sex and searching for differences in expression in each tissue. They eventually identified around 6,500 genes with activity that was biased toward one sex or the other in at least one tissue, adding to the already major biological differences between men and women."

Pietrokovski and Gershoni found genes that were highly expressed in the skin of men relative to that in women's skin, and they realized that these were related to the growth of body hair. Gene expression for muscle building was higher in men; that for fat storage was higher in women. Aside from the sexual organs, the researchers discovered quite a few sex-linked genes in the mammary glands, about half which were expressed in men.

Because men have fully fitted but basically nonfunctional mammary equipment, the scientists believe that some of these genes might suppress lactation. The researchers also found genes "to be expressed only in the left ventricle of the heart in women. One of these genes, which is also related to calcium uptake, showed very high expression levels in younger women that sharply decreased with age; the scientists think that they are active in women up to menopause, protecting their hearts, but leading to heart disease and osteoporosis in later years when the gene expression is shut down."

Additionally, they found another gene that was mainly expressed in women, was active in the brain, and may protect the neurons from Parkinson's, a disease that is more prevalent in men. The researchers also identified gene expression in the liver that provides molecular evidence for the known difference in drug processing between women and men. "This recent study from Israel's Weizmann Institute of Science further proves that you cannot fool Mother Nature," said Mat Staver, Founder and Chairman of Liberty Counsel. "The saying, 'I think, therefore, I am' is best left to philosophy and not science. Gender confusion is mental, not physical or biological. God made male and female, and no amount of protestation will change the natural created order. The fiction that a person can chose their gender does not help those who are confused. These Israeli scientists identified over 6,500 genes with activity that was biased toward one sex or the other in at least one tissue. That clearly validates the genetic differences between men and women," said Staver.

www.breakingchristiannews.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: birdonwire

No problem. You can add to that thread debunking the debunkers.
Up to you.
Pro-tip: those studies you linked have been soundly debunked. (Not that it won't stop you from adding to that thread. Should be interesting. I'm curious actually in a good way because I like to learn and be proven wrong)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   
This is really stupid, transgenders can show there scientific evidence all day supporting how in some way men should be woman and vise versa and others cab show significant scientific proof of the difference between man and woman that can not be changed and even debubk eachother cuz pne is religious or just not liked blah blah blah. What i do know, by nature is the difference between a man and woman. We can cut and add body parts all day long, put lipstick on, talk like a girl because you fantasize if being one when your a dude. Or act like a punk because you try so hard to be a guy. But no matter what you do to your body, what you fantasize about, or how you act, you will always be what you were born as, we cant be monster trucks, or other animals, its actually sick, and frightening the human race is going downhill fast. Man fighting the rights to be woman is like if the black men were fighting to be green men instead back in the day during there movement. By nature your supposed to love yourself, your body and the gift of life, not spit on it, disrespect it, mutilate it and tell nature its not good enough, unless you are born with serious physical deformities then i get it. Anywho, dont care about my grammar or run on sentence, or not breaking down into paragraphs, blah, dont care. I always loved and appreciated how some monks in the world could keep things simple since i were very young. They could find the most simple solution to the most complicated problems. I feel as though this is being dissected and turned into a very big issue, not by the common man but the LGBT community alone. Very annoying

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: BinarySoldier

I'm sorry I don't understand you reply. So I've reported you for off topic baiting.

Care to address my concerns with the apparent misleading topic title?

It's right there on the left. 7 posts so far.

I fail to see how my post count explains the misleading title of this topic, and the topic of the OPs article. Care to elaborate?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Trans people seem to stay with hurt feelings.

Did nobody ever tell them that the world really doesn't give a damn about anyone's feelings?

Why should anyone care?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   
There were days when being gay was part of the catalogue for mental illnesses. They won the fight because it's actually natural behaviour, Bonobos f.e. but if the image in your mirror is so strange to you, you neglect the fact that this is you, you show behaviour nowhere found in nature and unique to humans because the more complex thought patterns, the very thing that makes us humans so "alien" to all the other lifeforms we know of yet, is of course more prone to malfunction.
Therefore it is a problem of the mind, ie mental malfunction. And what do we call malfunctions in biological systems? Illness.

You can be that way, I am not saying it's something that needs a cure, you are that way, I accept you have to live it, but supporting it would be the equivalent to tell an anorexic person "gosh you have a lot of meat!".
Just like addiction is a mental illness which is very similiar to transgender, it's the urge to flee reality.
Absolute mental problem, no matter how much you value studies supporting your bias and ridicule those against it. It's not debunked just because you say so. Genes cause gender, gender differences are existing, encoded in your genes, like the thickness of skin on back etc, hair growth, in which places you store fad, ...your selfhate and the urge to wear dresses is no where found in genes.
I assume it's something from the childhood, rebelling against the parent you share the gender with, or trauma in the kindergarten, or whathaveyou.

Definitely mental illness.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Trans people can PRETEND to be whatever sex they want. In their per suit of happiness, That is their right. But to expect the restof the world to buy into their fantasy is insane.
If I "feel" like the color blue should be called green and vice versa and demanded the rest of the world to change the definition of said colors I would be diagnosed with a mental disorder. Or I would be five years old.
It really is that simple.

edit on 12-7-2017 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Let me break it down for the simple among us. You can bitch, cry and moan about how "we are pretending yadda yadda yadda..." until you're blue in the face, I don't care. Fact of the matter is that time and the establishment are on our side, so deal with it. I fully understand that I can't force anyone to think, feel or say anything but what I can do is put hands across the ugly mug of a person that would have the gaul to disrespect me to my face. So go forth ye brave internet trolls and spew your'e garbage across the net because I know you cowards aren't going around talking your'e trash to people's faces. You know how I know that, because if you were doing that on a regular basis someone would have checked you by now and in theory you wold have learned a valuable life lesson about mutual respect and consequences. Then again with some of you I reckon you're too god damned stupid to learn the lesson and too black in the heart to feel kindness just for the sake of kindness. It is simply too hard your little troll minds to address someone as they prefer to be addressed. Somehow your un-evolved minds see it has forcefully taking your right to free speech as opposed to being courteous to a fellow human being. You feel as though you do not have a choice when in truth you always have a choice and yet you choose the malicious option because it what makes you feel free, vindicated. What is it that compels you to choose ignorance and malice over kindness and courtesy? Your minds are too simple and filled with fear and hate. You simple little chimps haven't evolved past hurling your own feces at others yet, silly little monkey's.

You feel safe here behind your keyboard hurling your poo at people more evolved than yourselves don't you. You feel good pumping your vile negativity into the world don't you. You hate yourselves and your miserable little peasant lives so attempting to hurt other's with your imbecilic hate speech makes you feel big and powerful doesn't it. Your ignorance and pettiness makes me laugh but more than that it makes me sad that in this day and age of information there are so many uneducated morons running around. The worst part is that with all of this information at your fingertips you still choose to be ignorant little chimps hurling your poo. So do yourselves a favor and evolve to catch up with the rest of enlightened society, it's nice here you might like it the Hors d'oeuvre are fantastic.

It's up to each and every one us to make the world a better place than it was when we got here but some of us are not pulling our weight and pitching in. No some of us are just pouring more hatred, ignorance, greed, selfishness and negativity into the world and the world would be a better place without you and you know who you are.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

I am slightly confused I thought this was a report/study done on the origins of transgenderism in humans
and whether it was the result of a mental disorder.

Instead its research into finding that the social rejection and violence that many transgender people experience appears to be the primary source of their mental distress.

So the thread title is a little misleading , in any case its good more research is being carried out.

Can i ask you a question when you said that 4 was the age you felt something wasnt right
can you elaborate on that because I cant remember very much from when I was 4 just brief flashes of things , but definitely not anything which would constitute the thought that I should be a girl rather than a boy .

Can you explain , did you know at that age that is was to do with your gender , or was it just a feeling, because I cant remember any specific emotions from when I was 3 or 4
I have a pretty good memory and I only remember events from age 5 to do with school etc but not how I was "feeling" about my body I never really started to think about my body until I was near the end of primary school at age 7

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
Let me break it down for the simple among us. You can bitch, cry and moan about how "we are pretending yadda yadda yadda..." until you're blue in the face, I don't care. Fact of the matter is that time and the establishment are on our side, so deal with it. I fully understand that I can't force anyone to think, feel or say anything but what I can do is put hands across the ugly mug of a person that would have the gaul to disrespect me to my face. So go forth ye brave internet trolls and spew your'e garbage across the net because I know you cowards aren't going around talking your'e trash to people's faces. You know how I know that, because if you were doing that on a regular basis someone would have checked you by now and in theory you wold have learned a valuable life lesson about mutual respect and consequences. Then again with some of you I reckon you're too god damned stupid to learn the lesson and too black in the heart to feel kindness just for the sake of kindness. It is simply too hard your little troll minds to address someone as they prefer to be addressed. Somehow your un-evolved minds see it has forcefully taking your right to free speech as opposed to being courteous to a fellow human being. You feel as though you do not have a choice when in truth you always have a choice and yet you choose the malicious option because it what makes you feel free, vindicated. What is it that compels you to choose ignorance and malice over kindness and courtesy? Your minds are too simple and filled with fear and hate. You simple little chimps haven't evolved past hurling your own feces at others yet, silly little monkey's.

You feel safe here behind your keyboard hurling your poo at people more evolved than yourselves don't you. You feel good pumping your vile negativity into the world don't you. You hate yourselves and your miserable little peasant lives so attempting to hurt other's with your imbecilic hate speech makes you feel big and powerful doesn't it. Your ignorance and pettiness makes me laugh but more than that it makes me sad that in this day and age of information there are so many uneducated morons running around. The worst part is that with all of this information at your fingertips you still choose to be ignorant little chimps hurling your poo. So do yourselves a favor and evolve to catch up with the rest of enlightened society, it's nice here you might like it the Hors d'oeuvre are fantastic.

It's up to each and every one us to make the world a better place than it was when we got here but some of us are not pulling our weight and pitching in. No some of us are just pouring more hatred, ignorance, greed, selfishness and negativity into the world and the world would be a better place without you and you know who you are.

Nice to speak on others being trolls when you spew the exact same # back to them !
if you want people to understand you or your life then calling them names and reflecting their hate back to them wont help!
if the LGBTQ community has come this far with patience then you can go further by giving more patience and understanding to people who dont understand you.

Their reactions are out of fear of the unknown , simply put ignorance of something they know nothing of , and humans are so preconditioned to the ideals of normality that when anything out of the normal comes into their world they recoil in horror.
Take for example a painting of a human , if its anatomically incorrect people will reject it . That is how basic we are , so you also have to patient with others when they dont understand and that includes trolls, the best thing about trolls is you ignore them they go away

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix

So please remember this, every time you perpetuate falsehoods pertaining to Trans folk you are doing us a disservice and putting us at risk.

Just like you're doing here.
If I had a penny for every time I was going peacefully on my way just to have some idiot get in my way, violently or just deliberately... Well I'd have more money than I do now.

And I'm not even trans.
Seems like these are challenges 'everyday' people face as well.
Seems like the LGBT community is just more vocal / like to moan.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
So the norm is a man dressing like a girl? Mankind naturally knew there place for thousands of years. There is no evolution happening where we can control if we are male or female. This is not something thats going to be a trend down the road. We are not more evolved then we were a thousand years ago, population grew as well as technology but that is it. If you think we are so much different and evolved now compared to a 1000 years ago then shut the power and the internet off and watch how fast man turns back into an animal and watch how fast lady man ends. There is nothing revolutionary nor right about enabling the mentally handicap

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I dont get why people get so upset about this whole issue.

If John wants to be Jill its no skin off my nose.

So let them...and stop making everyone else hear about why you do not care about the issue.

At this point the libtards have hijacked the movement and are doing more damage than anyone else by constantly NOT LETTING IT GO.

You lot have been totally used and it is YOU who are causing all the commotion

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Sure

But i should not be forced to share there #ed up delusions.

who is forcing you to share anything.

If I turn round to you and tell you that my name is no longer John but jill and I have paid money to go get my bits chopped off and get a nice new pair of boobs how is that forcing you to share my "delusions"?

So long as I am a decent person why would it matter to you?

If your doctor for example had went through gender reassignment, you might not know about it, and so long as he or she was to fix your broken leg or whatever it wouldn't matter.

Some people feel like they identify to different genders, get over it!

The time of 2 sides to a coin has run its course.

Hear this...we DON'T care about your choice..once old enough to do so.

STOP teaching everyone and labelling and trashing our society.

DO NOT force my children to believe this is normal ...or you will be destroyed...clear ?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Well you can share in mine I'm a hellisexual. Im goinf to get surgery to become an attack helicopter.People can make fun of me all they like but wait until I get those 30 mm cannons and hell fire missiles. Who would dare laugh then huh???

I will personally help you transition..THIS is a great idea that certainly is of great use!!

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

If the discussion is that personal to you that's entirely your problem and maybe you should stay away.
But it's quite stupid to call everyone you don't agree with "less evolved". If you're one of the "enlighteneds" preaching kindness and mutual respect but then use language equalising others with monkeys, ie less than humans, then I will gladly choose darkness.
Hypocrite.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

If the discussion is that personal to you that's entirely your problem and maybe you should stay away.
But it's quite stupid to call everyone you don't agree with "less evolved". If you're one of the "enlighteneds" preaching kindness and mutual respect but then use language equalising others with monkeys, ie less than humans, then I will gladly choose darkness.
Hypocrite.

The discussion is personal to me and something that I am passionate about admittedly. Which is absolutely why I will not excuse myself from the conversation. I can't help it if you feel personally attacked by my words but maybe they were for you or maybe they weren't but the point is only you know for sure if that applies to you or not. I will not be heckled away from my own thread so instead I authored a broad statement calling out the trolls for what they are and they know who they are and if the shoe fits wear it. I was simply reminding people that I can say mean things too if I believe them to be true and I do, I hold a very low opinion of people who attempt to be hurtful just because they can. I was making the point that you get in return what you put out into the world and like it or not that is a universal truth that applies to all of us. I know I know I'm the big bad tranny villain so when I use my words as weapon just as others would do the trolls circle the wagons and start pointing fingers without first looking in the mirror. So no I will not stop but I will play nice if others are willing to do the same. On the other hand if you want to come in here with garbage hate talk then I will throw right back, I'm not a turn the other cheek type of person but rather a gear up and go war type. So it is what y'all wanna make, we gonna converse or are we gonna fling poo?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: crazyewok

Sure

But i should not be forced to share there #ed up delusions.

who is forcing you to share anything.

If I turn round to you and tell you that my name is no longer John but jill and I have paid money to go get my bits chopped off and get a nice new pair of boobs how is that forcing you to share my "delusions"?

So long as I am a decent person why would it matter to you?

If your doctor for example had went through gender reassignment, you might not know about it, and so long as he or she was to fix your broken leg or whatever it wouldn't matter.

Some people feel like they identify to different genders, get over it!

The time of 2 sides to a coin has run its course.

Hear this...we DON'T care about your choice..once old enough to do so.

STOP teaching everyone and labelling and trashing our society.

DO NOT force my children to believe this is normal ...or you will be destroyed...clear ?

Who are you even talking too and is that a threat? Who is gonna destroy who? I can tell by your posts that your one of those judgment day loonies that thinks you have lived your life piously and are some how superior to others and will be raptured when the time comes. Your a joke and probably mentally ill with your antiquated delusions.

Oh and if people like you would stop shoving your dogma in others faces and trying to pass oppressive laws based on religious bigotry then maybe we could tone it down some and hold hands and sing kumbaya. Get out of my life and I won't have to be up in your face.
edit on 12-7-2017 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join