It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study: Being Transgender Is Not A Mental Disorder

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Deaf Alien

The one from the op

Yes I know. What about it?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

The one from the op

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Can we fix the far right evangelical Christians' brains?
Ok ok ok I know I went too far.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   

The one from the op

Yep. A debunked "psychiatrist" and his "study" at John Hopkins.
What about it?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Oh looky here!!!!
www.lgbtqnation.com...
The very same university!!!

edit on 7/12/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Look up Gender Dysphoria in the current DSM V. Gender dysphoria is persistent, pervasive, and causes ongoing distress. It meets the criterion for a mental health diagnosis, not a phase.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

The one from the op

What about it?
Debunked by who, can you provide proof, or is this your usual hollow, empty, meaninless rheatoric that I see a pattern with in your posts?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: birdonwire
Look up Gender Dysphoria in the current DSM V. Gender dysphoria is persistent, pervasive, and causes ongoing distress. It meets the criterion for a mental health diagnosis, not a phase.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: birdonwire

The one from the op

What about it?
Debunked by who, can you provide proof, or is this your usual hollow, empty, meaninless rheatoric that I see a pattern with in your posts?

I've already told you there is a thread on that here on ATS. Do you want me to link you so that you can add your opinion to it?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

One would assume that a poster that claims something has been 'debunked' would provide some evidence to back up their statement, yes. Why haven't you linked to the thread yet? You seem to like to make a lot of meaningless posts that tend to bury the more important posts. Don't you worry, people are taking interest in this subject, and these take note of behaviour such as yours. Maybe time to change up the game plan and try to provide some proofs or evidence?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

I look at "girls" with very strong jaw lines a lot differently now...thank you.

Nice attitude you got there.

I am just making a scientific observation...AND I am expressing my own opinion as it has nothing to do with attitude. In FACT, it is an open minded POSITIVE attitude! Forgive me if I am waking up more to how this world is getting biologically skewed.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   
First line of the OP: "A new study presents evidence that much of if any mental distress that a Transgender person may be feeling has more to do with external factors such as harassment and rejection as opposed to just physically being Transgender."

Seems like it is in fact a mental disorder. If being harassed causes you to turn transgender, that seems like a serious mental disorder.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

a reply to: libertytoall

Let me get this straight. You have the inability to comprehend the OP and the study.

The thread title is misleading...everything else is comprehensible.

Question is if GOD made us in his/her own image, why have to manipulate it? Why do you have to Edward Scissorhands yourself down there and everywhere?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
First line of the OP: "A new study presents evidence that much of if any mental distress that a Transgender person may be feeling has more to do with external factors such as harassment and rejection as opposed to just physically being Transgender."

Seems like it is in fact a mental disorder. If being harassed causes you to turn transgender, that seems like a serious mental disorder.

I stand correct.

Thread Title: New Study: Being Transgender Is Not A Mental Disorder

The title is a statement. The OP is an observational opinion. Very subjective.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

I look at "girls" with very strong jaw lines a lot differently now...thank you.

Nice attitude you got there.

I am just making a scientific observation...AND I am expressing my own opinion as it has nothing to do with attitude. In FACT, it is an open minded POSITIVE attitude! Forgive me if I am waking up more to how this world is getting biologically skewed.

Many of us are waking up, this will be a turning point in history. Spread the message and let others that have not awoken know what is happening. Don't push anything upon them, but make them aware.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Let me get this straight. You have the inability to comprehend the OP and the study.

Question is if GOD made us in his/her own image, why have to manipulate it? Why do you have to Edward Scissorhands yourself down there and everywhere?

LOL. I'll give you a star for the most original comment ever on ATS and a reference to one of the best movies ever.
I'll ask you another question: why do GOD allow the intersex people to be born that way?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

LOL. I'll give you a star for the most original comment ever on ATS and a reference to one of the best movies ever.
I'll ask you another question: why do GOD allow the intersex people to be born that way?

Society allows it...God doesn't.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

I'm sorry I don't understand you reply. So I've reported you for off topic baiting.

Care to address my concerns with the apparent misleading topic title?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Why, thank you

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: BinarySoldier

I'm sorry I don't understand you reply. So I've reported you for off topic baiting.

Care to address my concerns with the apparent misleading topic title?

It's right there on the left. 7 posts so far.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join