It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The song of trees. Must listen.

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
He Puts A Ring From A Tree Trunk On A Record Player.

Artist Bartholomaus Traubeck designed and built a record player that “reads” the texture and color variations of tree rings and interprets them as music. Because every tree has its own configuration of rings, every tree has its own song. By doing this, Traubeck has essentially created the infinite library of records. You must love the time we live in. If you think Nature would sound like crackling and random noises, think again. This is actually beautiful.

When I was little my Grandmother told me each tree had a song. I thought it was a lovely idea and in time when I'd listen to the wind through the trees I was sure I was hearing their song.

I should have known my Grandmother knew better!

Enjoy!

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Very beautiful and relaxing. Neat idea from Mr. Traubeck. Thanks for sharing his work, and your brief story. I can see that making this already great work a bit more special to you.

edit on 10-7-2017 by Illumimasontruth because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Thank you Silo this is epic in so many ways. It also makes a lot of sense and I am surprised some idea close to this is just now coming into the light.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Meh. Sounds annoying to me. A cat walking across piano keys could produce the same thing. Neat idea though.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Reminds me of John Cage.
It needs more cowbell.
I would venture to guess it isn't a traditional record player with a magnetic needle.
That would just be a bunch of scratches.
I'm guessing there is some sort of optical sensor involved.
edit on 10-7-2017 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Sounds like when I slam my arse down on the keys randomly.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
He Puts A Ring From A Tree Trunk On A Record Player.

Artist Bartholomaus Traubeck designed and built a record player that “reads” the texture and color variations of tree rings and interprets them as music. Because every tree has its own configuration of rings, every tree has its own song. By doing this, Traubeck has essentially created the infinite library of records. You must love the time we live in. If you think Nature would sound like crackling and random noises, think again. This is actually beautiful.

When I was little my Grandmother told me each tree had a song. I thought it was a lovely idea and in time when I'd listen to the wind through the trees I was sure I was hearing their song.

I should have known my Grandmother knew better!

Enjoy!

Just read an article about the young genius mathematician who later became a recluse/nature lover totally against industrialization/technology turned Unabomber, who put pieces of bark/wood, things from trees, in all his b ombs and it crossed my mind he was such a genius, he figured out the mathematical system of trees and thus was able to some how communicate with them, where together they formed his terrorist group and covered for each other for 17 damn years. He was a one man band supposedly but when he wrote on his b ombs or on any of his writings, he always referenced his group. But it was just him. Or was it? I dismissed that wild speculation pretty quickly. But then after viewing the video here, it makes you wonder. Wonder what each log in his cabin sounds like. I mean, damn, it's in a museum. The Feds salvaged it and the public can view it. Play that and see how it sounds.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Trees sing with the wind.
They don't need a record player.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
Trees sing with the wind.
They don't need a record player.
I'm working on one that makes music from wind.
Oh, yeah...pretty much everything.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Arbitrary notes, arbitrarily assigned to tree ring characteristics, played on an arbitrary instrument. Meh. Doesn't even sound pleasant.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
What a bunch of negative Nancy's in this thread.

Crap people, if you don't like it why use up bandwidth just being a bunch a doinks.

Ya'll must be into death metal or something, cripes.

This is fabulous (IMO)!

Think about, well, like the unabomber's cabin like WWMonolith said? What would those rings 'say' or sound like?

How about trees from regions surrounding religious sites? Would it sound negative or positive?

From different regions around the world - would it be possible to hear some type of 'accent'?

Pretty cool stuff.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I prefer this version of “Trees”...

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

Simply majestic!

I listened, loved it.

The trees protect the earth, and they protect us too.

This month we have red tail Hawks that have babies.
It is the most incredible thing I have had the priveledge
to observe. They play in the air, like little kids.
They are noisy, and exuberant, testing wings and
building strength. They fly amoung huge cedars and pines,
some over 80 years old. I can just imagine the tales
they could tell if they could talk!

edit on 14-7-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join