It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abandoned Soviet Space Shuttles

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Just finished watching this awesome video.

These guys have a youtube channel called Exploring the Unbeaten Path. Where they go to different places exploring.
www.youtube.com...

In this video they travel hundreds of miles in order sneak in to a Russian base that has space shuttles. The base is active so you'll see security at times while they camp out in the hanger and explore the shuttles. They took a huge risk getting into this place. However the video is worth it. It's very neat seeing the inside of the shuttle as well as close ups of the outside.

The video is 15 mins long but it's worth watching. Enjoy.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Let's hope that at least one of those unused machines will be put on permanent display in Russia as an example of their effort even if it could be said that the expense to the country as a whole was tremendous.

At some future time, I suspect that our shuttles will suffer much the same fate as the development and utilization of the black triangles become known to the public and and entire space program shuttles and ISS will be recognized as the fraud that it has been and continues to be.

Having seen a triangle in a close appearance, I know that they exist. If that object wasn't a US craft floating over Laramie that night in 1998 when about twenty other folks and I saw it, then you have two choices: Accept that it was an ETI craft or you can find comfort by hiding behind governmental denials of all matters pertaining to UFOs.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The video was indeed pretty cool...If not for anything the adventure aspect. One thing bugs me though...If they're worried about security so much and they make it seem like it's dangerous to be sneaking in there...Why show their faces in the video. I mean isn't Russia pretty ruthless about this type of thing, like charging them with espionage and finding them? Just something I thought about while watching...Either way very cool to get such a close up inside the shuttle.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Wow as a amateur urban explorer myself this video is great. Bit of a shame they didn't show more as to how they accessed the place. I've only been in a few abandoned asylums and an old cinema so this beats my explorer ten fold.

Thanks for sharing

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Let's hope that at least one of those unused machines will be put on permanent display in Russia as an example of their effort even if it could be said that the expense to the country as a whole was tremendous.

At some future time, I suspect that our shuttles will suffer much the same fate as the development and utilization of the black triangles become known to the public and and entire space program shuttles and ISS will be recognized as the fraud that it has been and continues to be.

Having seen a triangle in a close appearance, I know that they exist. If that object wasn't a US craft floating over Laramie that night in 1998 when about twenty other folks and I saw it, then you have two choices: Accept that it was an ETI craft or you can find comfort by hiding behind governmental denials of all matters pertaining to UFOs.

At least they abandoned it because of the super high price of the program. I wonder how much we spent on those shuttle missions.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Having seen a triangle in a close appearance, I know that they exist.

But that's all you know. The rest of your post makes little sense. Our shuttles are already on display and have "suffered the same fate" in that they are no longer used. But just because you have seen a triangle does not mean they have the same capabilities as a shuttle. Further, the ISS exists and is providing a continuing stream of valuable information to scientists on Earth. If you want to believe we have colonies on Mars or something like that, go right ahead, but you have no evidence. You've seen a triangle, and the rest is from your imagination.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Amazing video, thank you for posting!

I'm surprised there wasn't more of security presence there to be honest. They didn't even seem to mind the fact there was a car parked in the middle of no where yet fairly close (4-5km) from the base for about a week.
As for showing their faces, my first guess is that they aren't from there, and are just visiting.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Lol, I knew it seemed fishy how they seemed so concerned about security yet gave up their identity and posted it on mainstream site which actually is getting linked now by RT and others. You can get a guided tour of this place and even sleep in the same place as they did. I scrolled pretty far into the comments to find out what was up but indeed found some links to non-english sites offering such trips. Doesn't detract from the footage at all, just dislike how they tried to play it I guess.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Nice SpaceCan, thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I think there is one of these on display in a museum in Germany. For some reason.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken the Bayun program was set back nearly a decade when there was a fire and one of the hangers collapsed on the main test vehicle. By then I think the costs had spiraled so high they just bagged the program because the technology would have been obsolete by the time of production

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
I think there is one of these on display in a museum in Germany. For some reason.

Yeah one ended up in the Technik Museum Speyer.
speyer.technik-museum.de...

Interesting story actually, the orbiter was on display in Australia during the Olympics in Sydney in 2000. It was moved to an exhibition in Bahrain afterwards and stayed there for years until the private development association of the Museum discovered and bought it.

German video about its journey from Bahrain to Germany:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Like aircraft carriers, the Russians realized they are obsolete, put some money into it researching it, then abandoned it.
Why should they develop something so complex, expensive and wasteful when what they got works, has been working, all these years?

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I'm surprised the Russians wasted so much money trying to copy what was a failed program to start with. They tend to be more cautious with their cash.

Still a cool video,,

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
That is one of the saddest set of pictures I've ever seen.

I wonder if they can be made space/flight worthy again?

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler
He never wrote the ISS does not exist.
He never wrote about mars.

At least not in this thread. It´s all from your imagination

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
This was Russia's (Soviet Union's) attempt to keep up with US space technology. Notice the similarity with our space shuttle? Why do you think that is? It was cold war espionage - they stole it from NASA. The Russians never managed to actually get one into orbit as far as I know

Our shuttle goes back to late 70's and early 80's technology (think Radio Shack TRS-80 scale computers). The key invention was the heat shield tile. That little piece by itself was the coolest (no pun intended) part of the shuttle. I remember reading about it when the first shuttle took flight and when you think about what it does, it's simply amazing.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

They launched one spacecraft for two orbits.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

They launched one spacecraft for two orbits.

Did it land too?

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Sure did

top topics

<<   2 >>

join