It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tory MP Anne Marie Morris Recorded Saying Brexit No Deal Is A ‘N***** In A Woodpile'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me."

Does anyone still teach this to their children, or are kindergarten life lessons being neglected in favor of gender fluidity awareness education?

I ask the same question for the same reasons multiple times a day. Every day.

You, my friend, get it. Kudos for being a voice of logic and reason.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: mclarenmp4
Looks like the thought police are already in the thread, saying anyone disagreeing with them are racists.

Well I'm going to disagree with the premise of the thread that she was racist by saying the phrase she did.

It's all in the context, the people whop are crying racist are the ones that are taking it out of context and thus making it a race issue.

She was discussing brexit and used an outdated analogy to describe the mess, it was just that an analogy.
She wasn't referencing a group of people or individual.
She could have chose a better analogy but calling her a racist for it is a bit extreme.

No one's calling her a racist, if you bothered to read what I said up there my statement is an MP shouldn't be using the word nigg*r in any analogy, whether you think so or not. Personally I don't care what phrase she uses neither am I offended that she said what she did - I'm simply posting about it as it's newsworthy imo.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: conz1992

So what's the issue if no-one is calling her racist? That she used a word that is usually associated with racism, to analogise the Brexit process?

Sorry I'm not sure what I'm meant to be outraged about.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

Why should they justify it? Honestly, who really cares? So the "usual suspects" will decry the use of the N word and proclaim all Tory's and those who vote for them are racists...........and again I ask, "Who Cares"? What difference does it make? The speaker has been outed as a "racist" when in fact, in today's PC world, every white person is presumed to be racist and any and all attempts to prove otherwise are used against that white person as proofs that they are indeed racist.

In that type world, you, if your a white person, vote for any white candidate that just confirms you are a racist regardless of your political affiliation.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: yorkshirelad

Why should they justify it? Honestly, who really cares? So the "usual suspects" will decry the use of the N word and proclaim all Tory's and those who vote for them are racists...........and again I ask, "Who Cares"? What difference does it make? The speaker has been outed as a "racist" when in fact, in today's PC world, every white person is presumed to be racist and any and all attempts to prove otherwise are used against that white person as proofs that they are indeed racist.

In that type world, you, if your a white person, vote for any white candidate that just confirms you are a racist regardless of your political affiliation.

No, nobody is declaring that every white person is a racist outside of people on the far-right who like to write blogs about how everybody thinks they are evil because they are white.

No, people think they're evil because they are racist.

Anybody who uses the n-word is almost certainly racist. Everybody knows how offensive black people find it. So to persist in using it is an unequivocal example of somebody being either racist or too stupid to know what racism is.

This isn't about being PC, this is about a member of parliament using the n-word.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
"Brexit was the only rational choice - mass immigration forced wages to stagnate whilst demand for housing increase. The young can't buy houses anymore whilst the rich are richer than ever. Society is deteriorated. The young are saddled with uni debt, and will live with their parents until they are 40. Who wants this to continue?
People have had enough. Some pain will come that's for sure but hopefully things will reset so the young once again have a chance"

Look, I know the country had this debate a lot.

But mass immigration does not force wages to stagnate, that's been 8+ years of Austerity economics to blame for that one.

Mass immigration has not caused an increase in demand for housing, that's been the policy of local councils stopping building council houses so that the housing bubble can be artificially inflated for political reasons. (Making the wealthy wealthier.)

Mass immigration has not caused university debt. That was a Conservative party policy. In Scotland university tuition is free because the Scottish government have chosen not to saddle students with debt. Nothing to do with immigration.

I don't disagree with you that the country is in a hell of a state. But I do disagree about the causes for it. You're blaming immigrants, I think it's a lot more complicated than that, and I think the billionaires who run the papers have been blaming immigrants because that's an easy target, and detracts from where the real problems are.

edit on -05:00pm53731America/ChicagoMon, 10 Jul 2017 15:53:18 -0500190 by Painterz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
That's a phrase I haven't hear uttered in public in at least 8 years. It was once very common here in the south. In my family it means less than pure white ethnicity. We use to joke about it. I would say, "we have a Nigger in the wood pile and all I got was curly hair and big di_k." That quites the down racist and my wife don't argue.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Not offended by it, if anything I'm glad she said it because she's just highlighted exactly how these elitist wankers think.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: mclarenmp4

So what's the issue if no-one is calling her racist? That she used a word that is usually associated with racism, to analogise the Brexit process?

Sorry I'm not sure what I'm meant to be outraged about.

The issue is something I've stated numerous times in this thread, a person in power shouldn't be using a word nigg*r, it's not something I'm outraged about I just find it ridiculous that she and other MP's near-by thought it was okay.

My bad though right? I mean is it 1917 or 2017?

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I agree I was surprised by an MP saying it, don't even hear the N word at industrial or construction workplaces these days, well I don't.
Newton Abbot is a dump though, it is the main town giving the constuency it's name, the wider Teignbridge area is beautiful. It's a one nightclub town, again a dump full of blokes who want to fight. The shops and stores are crap, their park's crap with loud traffic noise, and it's probably 98% white, havent checked the census.

You couldn't pay me to live there, and the standard joke is that people in Newton Abbot have webbed fingers, it's other nickname is Newton Armpit lol

...and I'm not surprised it was the MP for Newton Abbot who said it, heck they think anyone half a mile out of town are foreigners.
edit on 11-7-2017 by InceyWincey because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join