It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tory MP Anne Marie Morris Recorded Saying Brexit No Deal Is A ‘N***** In A Woodpile'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Couldn't see a post about this, sorry if I missed it but here we go;

A Tory Brexiteer has described the UK leaving the EU without a deal as a “real n*****r in the woodpile” at a meeting of eurosceptics in Central London. Anne Marie Morris, MP for Newton Abbott since 2010, made the astonishing remark while discussing what financial services deal the UK could strike with Brussels after 2019. Despite using the racist term, none of her fellow panelists, including Tory MPs Bill Cash and John Redwood, reacted.

Huffpost

Sky News

Feeling proud that we as a country voted these people in yet? This isn't even a case of a slip of the tongue or getting a phrase wrong, it's clear as day in the recording and I just hope the public really see the kind of party they voted in

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: conz1992
Im waiting for the entertaining misdirections as those who voted Tory come out with contrived justifications.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

The phase used to mean this.

: something (as a concealed motive or obscure factor) contrary to appearances in a situation

The idiot who said this is like an 8 year old who says jack ass and smiles at mommy and daddy because it a "real word".

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad
Im waiting for the entertaining misdirections as those who voted Tory come out with contrived justifications.

Why would anyone who voted Tory justify some weird language by an out of touch idiot politician?

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

Why should I justify her?

I do not live in consultancy and so did not vote for her.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Oh noes! Someone said a bad word! Someone said a bad word! Crucify them!

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

But its the N word!

Only black people can say that word! Anyone else and a curse shall come down on them! haha

Dare you to make a thread with the N word as a title and see what happens

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Well, it's a saying, albeit a rather dated expression. Not attempting to excuse what she said, but there's proportionality. Anyone here who ever said anything that was not PC? We seem to want our politicians to be drones.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

It's not the fact it's a 'bad word', it's the fact it's an MP using a phrase from the 20's to portray something that seems wrong or dodgy. I'm not left wing by any means and usually scoff at articles with a PC theme, I'm just surprised it was even said in the first place

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Even leaving aside the racists who will inevitably think her saying this phrase in the houses of Parliament is no big deal, you then have to deal with the realisation that she is clearly too stupid to understand that this is something an MP simply cannot say.

Absolutely disgusting that she's not been sacked and a new by-election held. Utterly shameful. May will do anything to cling on to power, cozying up to the terrorist sympathisers, and now cozying up to a hardcore racist too.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
She should have said 'Ethnic Minority Person in the Organic Winter Fuel Store.'

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Oh, everybody talking about the N word and nobody talking about the whole statement that the Brexiteers have finally realized that they've shot themselves in the foot and we're gonna pay big time. But all you Brexiteers can pull me down now but time will tell.
Ms May went to the country to try and drop the hot potato, but she failed and she's left holding the bath water. The baby got threw out with the Brexit.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

I don't doubt what would happen, but it's still stupid.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

I don't doubt what would happen, but it's still stupid.

I think ATS would explode

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Weeeee-woooooo-weeeeee-wooooo the political correctness police are on the spot!

They beat me by quite awhile.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
This would be huge news if an American representative said it.
No doubt.
Especially if it was a Republican.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me."

Does anyone still teach this to their children, or are kindergarten life lessons being neglected in favor of gender fluidity awareness education?

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Oh, everybody talking about the N word and nobody talking about the whole statement that the Brexiteers have finally realized that they've shot themselves in the foot and we're gonna pay big time. But all you Brexiteers can pull me down now but time will tell.
Ms May went to the country to try and drop the hot potato, but she failed and she's left holding the bath water. The baby got threw out with the Brexit.

Brexit was the only rational choice - mass immigration forced wages to stagnate whilst demand for housing increase. The young can't buy houses anymore whilst the rich are richer than ever. Society is deteriorated. The young are saddled with uni debt, and will live with their parents until they are 40. Who wants this to continue?
People have had enough. Some pain will come that's for sure but hopefully things will reset so the young once again have a chance
edit on 10-7-2017 by SoEpic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Looks like the thought police are already in the thread, saying anyone disagreeing with them are racists.

Well I'm going to disagree with the premise of the thread that she was racist by saying the phrase she did.

It's all in the context, the people whop are crying racist are the ones that are taking it out of context and thus making it a race issue.

She was discussing brexit and used an outdated analogy to describe the mess, it was just that an analogy.
She wasn't referencing a group of people or individual.
She could have chose a better analogy but calling her a racist for it is a bit extreme.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join