It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Took a photo of something strange at 3am

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That's easy enough to replicate
Ill let you know.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

I thought I posted this collage of where I had tried to compare your light with another further light in your image that seemed to have some movement. Since I put it together...thought I would still share. Perhaps, someone else may get something from it.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Maybe that top moving object could have been a satellite?

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I saw something very similar at around 0230 this morning, CDT. It was very large and at first I figured it was Venus, because it looked sort of amber colored to my naked eyes. I was smoking a cig, so I watched it for a few seconds. I then decided to water the porch plants, which took maybe two minutes if I'm being generous.

Went and sat back down with my smoke and looked up and I thought, OK...did that thing move? It wasn't in the same spot. So I didn't take my eyes off it for several minutes.

Finally went for the phone when it moved again right in front of me. It pulsed or blinked, then it was suddenly in a higher position. I couldn't get pics. The camera wouldn't focus on it, because it was too bright and there are solar led street lamps they just installed that are stupid bright...not happening. So I went and grabbed the binoculars.

All I can say is, this was not like any star or planet I've looked at. It was a super bright sphere with pulsing lights that looked like they were in a repeating sequence. Gold and white, alternating. I could only see three separate lights; two gold and one white. I could clearly see the shape of it. If that was a planet, they were having one hell of a party over there.

I couldn't look at it through the glasses for more than about thirty seconds at a time, either. It was so bright and piercing to look at that it made my eyes feel like they were stinging and something sharp was being pressed into my pupil. I've never had that happen before, but this thing was huge and ridiculously bright. My eyes have burned and itched all day long, too. Drops don't help.

Don't know what it was, and I'm not an astronomer, but I look at the stars and planets all the time at night. I also have a telescope so I've seen them pretty well. This thing didn't seem to be one of either.

And it was not the moon, either. Maybe as large as, but not close enough and the moon was clearly above me in a different part of the sky. No clouds, very bright and clear.

Whatever it was, it was so beautiful that I actually gasped out loud. I hope someone can clean up your shot. It looks like what I saw. And it hung around up there for about half an hour.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I saw the same thing from North Texas between 3:30-4 am. We went out on a call (fireman), then coming back I pointed it out to the crew. They are not weirdos like us, but thought it looked strange also.
I thought Venus, then thought it was to high and much larger than I had ever seen Venus, and I suspected Saturn too because it looked a little oblong as Saturn can when it's closest, but had deleted the planet finder app a while back.
I don't know? It did catch my eye.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
I saw the same thing from North Texas between 3:30-4 am. We went out on a call (fireman), then coming back I pointed it out to the crew. They are not weirdos like us, but thought it looked strange also.
I thought Venus, then thought it was to high and much larger than I had ever seen Venus, and I suspected Saturn too because it looked a little oblong as Saturn can when it's closest, but had deleted the planet finder app a while back.
I don't know? It did catch my eye.

I'm in central Texas. If it was moving northward from here when it disappeared, and making little pit stops along the way to do its blinky thing, maybe it was what I saw. Kind of cool...something cruising through, saying hello? They need to stop at my pad. Because I have questions!!😁😁👽👽👽

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

Wouldn't it be crazy if we all ended up seeing the same thing? Can't wait to see if others come out of the wood work!

Maybe the government is testing their 3D holograms
lol

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

These aliens know that most humans are asleep after 2:00am. That's when I've seen some of the strangest sightings.

Or, it could be when our Intelligence agencies put to test/work the Trillion $$$ we've sent them over the years.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I tend to believe that it is a bit of both. I'm surrounded by military installations and lately during the day we've been seeing some bizarre looking aircraft flying pretty low in our skies. I am a night owl and I keep odd hours, so I see a lot of really cool nighttime shows. I believe those are mostly either the futuristic looking craft they've been so nonchalantly showing off, or something even more insane looking that they only fly at night.

But what I saw last night stood out, as have a handful of other sightings. I saw an enormous, crystalline blue orb fly right over my house about two weeks ago. It was so bright that it lit up the siding behind me and bathed my face in blue light. It had a halo or aura of what looked like gold glitter around it. It was absolutely stunning...shocked myself and the people with me speechless.

That wasn't a planet or star either. It wasn't a comet or meteor or weather balloon. It certainly wasn't an aircraft. It was a perfect, shining sphere; and other than my daughter, the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. And you could just tell that it was nothing that can be explained by anything earthly. I don't know what it was, but I felt humbled by the sight of it.

What I saw last night gave me that same feeling. I don't care about proof or whether people think I'm bat#. I know what I see with my own eyes, but it's more than that. It's like something deep inside your brain wakes up and says "This one. This one is different, so pay attention." It's just like OP said...I wouldn't bother talking about it here if I thought it was anything ordinary.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Don't know what it was, but it was sticking out "bigly" in the night sky.
I usually look, point it out, and tell people what planet it is. This was different.
I have a video I've been holding on to also. The fam shot it while I was at work. They like to jab me on my conspiracy (intelligent free thinking) ways, and I have no idea how to download a video.
It was a few months ago and when they sent it to me I soiled my diapers. IT IS A flying triangle! South bound from north Texas in route to Stephenville! Yeah that place! 3 bright white lights in triangle formation, but it sounded like a large military plane (B-2?) which is why I never went through the trouble. Plus I didn't film it. You can hear my son say in an all southern drawl, "it's wanna them nuker planes" haha

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   

I've seen aircraft that looks like something out of a movie, flying right over the highway in rush hour traffic at least ten times in the past three months...one flew so low I was incredulous at the apparent fact that no one but us and one other vehicle full of people saw the creepy looking thing. I tried photographing them several times, but even though the things are huge, black and unmistakable, they come out blurry. Well...blurry is really not accurate.

They look like images where people's faces are blurred for privacy; the outline of a structure is there but overlaid by a blur. It's like they fly in plain sight but do something that prevents cameras from capturing the image. I don't care how crazy that sounds, either. They don't fly fast, so I've had plenty of opportunity to try with more than one camera phone, and it's always the same. Infuriating, but intriguing as hell.

Anyway...point is, people really don't look up. Especially at night. There are so many stars and planets visible, so many reports of meteor activity, etc., that people just dismiss everything as being ordinary. They really do, and it's astonishing to me personally to realize that.

I don't know what's going on up there, but there's definitely something strange happening. I don't even bother with people who use the same pat explanations for everything because there are only so many times that these anomalies being dismissed as balloons or lanterns or satellites or planets or whatever is going to wash. I could buy it if the occurrences were rare; however they are anything but that, and all anyone needs to do is spend more time looking up.

I think we're very close to at least getting part of the truth, and I think the apparent increase in sightings of all varieties has quite a bit to do with that. I'll be very interested to see what happens over the next weeks...I don't know why, but I just feel strongly that we're all about to receive some validation and at least some answers.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
What about Uranus?

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
Don't know what it was, but it was sticking out "bigly" in the night sky.
I usually look, point it out, and tell people what planet it is. This was different.
I have a video I've been holding on to also. The fam shot it while I was at work. They like to jab me on my conspiracy (intelligent free thinking) ways, and I have no idea how to download a video.
It was a few months ago and when they sent it to me I soiled my diapers. IT IS A flying triangle! South bound from north Texas in route to Stephenville! Yeah that place! 3 bright white lights in triangle formation, but it sounded like a large military plane (B-2?) which is why I never went through the trouble. Plus I didn't film it. You can hear my son say in an all southern drawl, "it's wanna them nuker planes" haha

Theyre acutally at the point of building the B-21 which is one step or more beyond B2 which was designed way back, so expect 30-40 more years of technological goodness to be involved there, and they will be flying Doritos ( triangles) if what has already been seen is the final shape. Of course with trump in the WH they may have other elements of technology that he has given the OK to test or advance, because hes not the hippy bafoon obama turned out to be.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
Above your object, in the exact same orientation as one would expect are the stars Dabih and then going towards the upper right hand corner are two stars right next to each other: Algedi and Prima Giedi

This is what it looked like at 3:35 am this morning (the time the exif data says the image was taken).

The camera used was a LG G5 VS987 :

The primary camera has a 1/2.6" inches sensor size with a 16:9 aspect ratio (1.777). As LG did not provide much information about the exact surface size (height x width) in mm of this sensor, there's debate (the same applies for the LG G4) about how this size should be computed:

If we go with the same measurements of the Omnivision OV16850 sensor which is also a 1/2.6-inch and has 1.12 micron pixels, the exact sensor size is 6.09 x 3.44 mm. We can also calculate it by multiplying the maximum width and height image size in pixels by each pixel size and we get:

For the width: (5312 x 1.12) / 1000 = 5.95 mm and for the height: (2988 x 1.12) / 1000 = 3.35 mm. So the LG G4 main camera sensor size should be 5.95 x 3.45 mm. This is very close to the dimensions of the Omnivision sensor.

Anyway, we can do the tests with whichever and see what happens...

Let's at first measure in Stellarium the distance (with the goniometer) that separates on one hand the Moon and the star Dabih, and on the other hand the distance that separates the star Dabih and the star Algedi, we obtain this:

The angles are very small! ~4°41' (4.68 decimal degrees) and ~2°20' (2.33 dd).

Secondly, if we open our IPACO software and put the sensor size in the technical data of the photo (as well as the focal length (4.4 mm)) and do the angular measurements between the "Moon" and the supposed stars Dabih on one hand, and between "Dabih" and "Algedi" on the other hand:

... we do not have the same values at all (~23°28' and ~11°54')... So unless I miss something about the supposed positions of Dabih and Algedi as you see it in OP's photo, it can't be these stars.

But as I can do mistakes, I further checked by drawing a 4.68 deg circle centered on the object, which is the angular distance that effectively separates the Moon from the star Dabih at the hour the photo was taken :

There's nothing special on or close to the circle. The same goes as well if we take the distance between the Moon and the star Algedi (8°22' eq 8.36 deg).

IMO, the object we see here is not the Moon.

It could be interesting to see anyway, just to be 100% sure, another (better if possible!) photo taken exactly in the same direction by night by Triton1128, for comparison purposes.

Also, I have difficulties to believe that someone who practice astronomy can be confused by the Moon, especially at a 40° elevation (the main confusions happen when the Moon is at a low elevation, close to the horizon).

One last thing, I failed, in spite of several tries, to used the powerful online tool Nova Astrometry

If you have astronomical imaging of the sky with celestial coordinates you do not know—or do not trust—then Astrometry.net is for you. Input an image and we'll give you back astrometric calibration meta-data, plus lists of known objects falling inside the field of view.

Someone else might have better chance than me...

edit on 11-7-2017 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Awesome job!

Thank you for the effort!

Anyone stating that it was the moon.. well. Ether they are just trolling, or they find joy derailing possibly good threads. I cannot imagine this day in age, someone could confuse the MOON, for something out of the ordinary.

I have a solid background in Physics, Astronomy, and Computer Science. I read books about quantum entanglement for fun. But I understand, me saying that on-line in a forum where no one knows me personal, doesn't, nor shouldn't hold any ground. But I hope that my picture is proof enough that I saw something.. I had no idea what it was.. and its interesting to share nonetheless.

I took my drone out last night when I got home.. I scoured the fields, and back lying woods. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

Ill keep a look out. Here is a pic I took last year of the moon during a lunar eclipse. For those in question....

Cheerz!

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Forget it.
edit on 11-7-2017 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Triton1128
Awesome job!

Thank you for the effort!

Cheerz!

You're welcome and beautiful pic of the Moon BTW.

Now, it would be cool if you could take some others photos from the same place, with the same LG G5 camera and towards the same direction with the stars visible so that we can compare and definitely confirm the direction you was facing at, because I really can not recognize the stars in the "UFO" photo.

But maybe, as you're familiar with astronomy, you can pinpoint the main stars on your photo yourself?

Regarding the object by itself, I have no idea what it could be, and you?

Cheerz!

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
a reply to: notsure1

I'm going with Venus. It can appear to move as it flickers blue and red, almost strobing.

Stellarium is a free app. and will let you know for sure.

I think you mistake Venus for Sirius. Planets don't change color, though they do appear to warp and flicker a bit due to our atmosphere. Stars scintillate, they change color and flicker. Sirius is the brightest, and it has been mistaken for a UFO many times.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: elevenaugust

The only problem I foresee is I "zoomed" the shot in a bit. So most of the stars that you see.. are probably magnitude 4 to 5, possibly fainter. They might not be stars that we would recognize with just ours eyes.

What Ill have to do is figure out what constellations are present at that time. Then I could at least give you an estimation of where in the sky I took the shot.

Ill see what I can do.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

It may be a phenomenon called Entoptic phenomena. Correct me if im wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join