It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NBA is full of stubborn idiots..

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

None of that is relevant if all the math and geometry say one way is better..

The whole point is there is a better way, they all know it and still do it the less efficient way.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Sigh. Guess who's being a stubborn idiot now?

A better way to shoot freethrow does not equate to being better at basketball, and as I've pointed out earlier, can be detrimental to the rest of your game. Whats the ultimate goal? No kids aspires to become the best freethrow shooter of all time, and starts to underhand it from a kid. They aspire to be the best basketball player, and model their games after the best basketball players. Not Rick Barry.

And my point about 1 freethrow a game is very relevant. I'm pointing out that it's such a small part of most players game, so to suggest they should change and shoot underhand and undermine the rest of their game is stupid.

You just admitted to having no knowledge, but continue to try and project your beliefs, even though I've been showing you how severely flawed your logic is.

There's a reason nobody shoots underhand anymore, and there's a reason nobody talks about Rick Barry, unless we are discussing underhand freethrows, and not the greatest basketball players of all time.

I can't believe I even have to explain this to you, so instead I'll just stop right here, and suggest you do as well because this is just getting dumb.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

How not?!?

They don't get worse at everything else by shooting underhanded.. it is a net gain reguardless..

If a person was shooting 80% then shooting in a more efficient way that should go up too..

It is all gain and no loss..

Shooting free throws underhanded, doesn't make the rest of their game worse.. it just makes their free throw game better..

And no I admitted I have a laymans knowledge..

You have constantly twisted my words into whatever you felt like debating , going so far as to accuse me of racism.. when none of the white guys presently playing shoot underhanded either.

You keep providing arguments against things I have never said..

1) you can't only be an NBA player on free throws..

2) free throws are not the most important part of the game..

Neither of which I ever said, specifically referencing people for who freethriws were a problem..

Your only even remotely coherent and on topic argument is that they would have to relearn muscle memory.. somthing that is extremely common place amongst professional athletes..

So what is this mystery reason no one shoots free throws underhanded then??

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Holy # Joshua, there is no mystery. WTF.

You just don't get it..

I'm not wasting my time on this anymore.

Beyond dumb this debate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join