It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anecdotal story - Fear of war between US and Russia before elections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I'd like to share this, with all the crap flying around about whether Trump's people talked to Putin's people. This is a personal anecdote so you'll have to either take my word on it or not.

I live in the US. I worked for years in Outer Mongolia and have a friend whom I met there who is now here, as well. Last year just before the US Presidential election, he and I were together on a trip. about a week before the election, he received an email from a Mongol woman with whom he had worked several years ago. They maintain business communications. This woman lives in northern Mongolia and has contact with Russians in the area. There is much commerce and communication across the border in that region.

In her email, she said that she was so sorry about the state of relations between the US and Russia. She said that word along the frontier was that the US and Russia were about to go to war. She was really quite concerned about this and saw it, at the time, as an impending probability. Given the saber rattling that was happening on both sides and the way the previous administration and NATO were behaving, it was not surprising to me.

Well, since the election and its unexpected (well, for some) outcome, that talk has died down.

I am not following the whole Russian/Trump thing. I really don't care. What I do know is that whereas tensions were high between the two countries as late as last November, things have calmed down considerably (even with the tension in Syria). I am grateful for that.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
We don't have anything the Russians want. The Russians have nothing we want.

= Russia and the USA are not going to war ... or ...

If we do, it's going to be the real deal.

IMNSHO that would be stoopid. Of course, I'm not a bean counter looking at the size of our population either.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I know that people in Russia were relieved when Trump became president because they figured that we would be in a war with Russia if Hillary was president. It reflects what Putin had hinted in some of his speeches I heard translations of. I heard this on a translated video of Russian citizens back after the election, They seemed relieved that Trump won.

The video looked real, the translation may have been askew, I do not know Russian. It did not appear to be propaganda, after all it was after the fact.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

One of the biggest pluses of a Trump Presidency was the improved relations with Putin and the Russian people. I am so sick of these wars the Globalist Presidents have been getting us into for no reason. Bush and Obama were huge warmongers and it would have continued under Clinton.

I find it amusing that the normally pacifist Leftists don't at least value the improved relations with Russia. They actually would rather have Russia as an enemy than have Trump get credit for calming the escalating tensions.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
There is not even the remotest possibility of War with Russia until after they have hosted the European Football (Soccer) Championships next summer.

Russia is massively invested in the championship and the international prestige and acceptance that comes from hosting a successful tournament. There is also a great deal of money that has been invested and huge potential profit to be had.

Afterwards? who knows, before? Not a chance.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
This fear was very real, as was this threat. The last administration was hell bent on pissing off the Russians so Clinton could step in and set us up the big one.
I wouldn't be surprised if there was another WTC style attack in the planning stages that has since been nixed because they can't pull it off without a potus who is in on it.

Currently, if you mention this general sense of war that the media was pushing to any Clinton supporter, they simply don't remember any of the rabble rousing that was going on before the election... And notice how quickly it all went away after the election.

new topics

top topics

join