It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire in London

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
There may be nothing suspicious in this fire, but in light of recent events I thought it worth reporting. Sixty plus fire fighters tackling a blaze
www.telegraph.co.uk...
Link to current event added.

From the witness reports this fire also seems to have spread very quickly. Let's hope everyone in the vicinity is safe.

This happening on a Sunday going into Monday probably means that the area was much less busier than it would have been twenty four hours previously.

edit on 9-7-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
What is the deal with London? Wow...

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth

They care more about non-citizens and supporting Islam than they do about caring for their own and building and repairing infrastructure, among other things.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

It may be another example of corners being in terms of fire safety. Worth watching in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

They have a Muslim mayor what do you expect?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

This story is from 2014. For the xenophobes on here suggesting this is due to the mayor being Muslim, the mayor at the time of this incident was Boris Johnson - the current foreign secretary.

Please check your facts before posting.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

Boris Johnson was the mayor at the time... I'm pretty sure he isn't a Muslim. I'm guessing you have never lived or visited London?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikeapollo
a reply to: CulturalResilience

This story is from 2014. For the xenophobes on here suggesting this is due to the mayor being Muslim, the mayor at the time of this incident was Boris Johnson - the current foreign secretary.

Please check your facts before posting.

I have added the link to the incident taking place and removed the incorrect one.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

They care more about non-citizens and supporting Islam than they do about caring for their own and building and repairing infrastructure, among other things.
Yeah, it's like with the motel. They spent $4,000,000 to make the exterior of the building more "attractive" instead of $400,000 to get it to safety code. Well, England goes by pounds not dollars, but you get my drift.
edit on 9-7-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

I have added the link to the incident taking place and removed the incorrect one.

Fair enough. This is the Fire at Honest Burgers - the speculation on Sky News is that this started as a fire in the ducting from the kitchen.

Although in this instance I'm pretty sure there is no conspiracy here, it is worth mentioning that Camden Market is an area that developers have long wanted to redevelop and gentrify - however locals fought to retain the market 'as is'. Should it be severely damaged then this would, sadly, probably lead to developers being able to buy the land.

I know the area very well indeed, and sadly all the units are so close to each other any major fire in any building or unit tends to spread rapidly - which is why open flames, the use of portable heaters, etc are all banned within the market itself.

Sky News
edit on 9-7-2017 by Mikeapollo because: Added sky news URL

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikeapollo

The main BBC site hadn't picked this up at the time of posting. That caught me out because I had just heard it on the local news. I typed Camden Fire into the BBC search and posted the link that came up. I should have checked it.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Dp

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

The main BBC site hadn't picked this up at the time of posting. That caught me out because I had just heard it on the local news. I typed Camden Fire into the BBC search and posted the link that came up. I should have checked it.

Yes, sadly the BBC aren't always the fastest to report. Camden Market regularly suffers from fires though, having had two major fires previously.

One in 2014 and one in 2008. Both caused severe damage to 'the stables'. Due to the layout and design of the (ancient!) Buildings there, fire tends to spread rapidly. We're talking buildings here which are timber framed, lots of voids where fire can propagate and being a market there is a lot of flammable materials around from cardboard boxes through to plastics, clothing and all manor of goods. The layout also means fighting any fire there is a challenge and multiple fires tend to occur once the embers of burning debris end up across the yard :/

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

There is likely to have been less people in the area as it was late Sunday evening when the fire started. Hopefully everyone is ok because this one is also reported to have spread rapidly.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Yes, you are quite right, it was pointless trying to hide the truth from you.

Now run along, the moon has fallen into the village pond and your neighbours need your help to get it out again.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This smacks of cheap ground clearance for more up market development.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

London (and the rest of the country) was never fully repaired for decades after World War II. Many streets and homes were bombed out. Sometimes they replaced the homes in terraced streets with shops, warehouses, car showrooms, rather than rebuild them. Only recently, are these demolished, and the land rezoned for residential use as apartments.
It was cheaper to close down railway lines than it was to repair and modernize them (The Beeching cuts). Then they have to spend hundreds of millions to build new lines. The docklands weren't redeveloped until the 1990's.

The gas and water boards had areas of low pressure and either couldn't afford to or wouldn't do anything to improve service. They had to be privatized and consumers given a right of quality service in order to get anything done. But even then, they would just do the bare minimum. They have been cutting back on services like A&E's units, police, ambulance and fire services even when the population is growing.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

You are to be commended for your integrity. A rare trait thats becoming rarer.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I don't think they issue you with a can of petrol and a box of matches when you join.

top topics

join