It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Fix America In Two Steps

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

They probably will.
They'll probably ride around on scooters and wear those three point hats and wave flags that say 1776.
It'll be sad, but the world will come together one way or another and will then concentrate on grooving together and patching up leaks. History will be written and movies will be made.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

I totally disagree. You can fix most problems in this world no matter how big or how small. When going about the business of fixing a country I believe historians would refer to this process as a revolution.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bcs8484
a reply to: Bhadhidar

What i'm suggesting isn't a complete turnover of what has made America great to this point but a balancing of the scales.

How would we go about balancing the access to opportunities?

Some create businesses, others work for them.

Maybe your like me and against monopolies and sector consolidation.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I think that would certainly be a good place to start. Cure all? Probably not, but it would certainly be a start...

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Bcs8484

Well, there is that option, of course.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Certainly! Lifetime appointments to the supreme court or any court or any position I'd venture to say is a bad idea.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
a reply to: EternalShadow

It'll be sad, but the world will come together one way or another and will then concentrate on grooving together and patching up leaks. History will be written and movies will be made.

I'm not a fan of globalism/globalization. I hope our Constitution survives forever.

Nothing before it or even after it has been better.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I think the main thing you need to do is remove the ability to work for a big corporation after office. Honestly I am cool with no term limits, if they can't take bribes anymore..

Pay them well for life.. and that becomes their only income.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Certainly not a cure all by any means. I'd take a good start though! Any step taken back to actually getting the power back to the people I'd take at this point honestly. I can't think of a time the american people have been this powerless(Though I am only in my 20's lol). We just seem to be undercut at every level. Only having 2 parties to choose from. The bias of the media. The same media in which I'd say most of the people in this country believe without question or at the very least allows it to shape there political ideologies. We can't even get a news program in this country that doesn't just report the news without slant or bias. It's just so ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I would take that if that would be all we could get at this point. I think that that's the least that can be done. At least those corrupt Senators and Congressmen would'nt get rewarded with multimillion dollar lobbyist jobs after they leave office.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Certainly not a cure all by any means. I'd take a good start though! Any step taken back to actually getting the power back to the people I'd take at this point honestly. I can't think of a time the american people have been this powerless(Though I am only in my 20's lol). We just seem to be undercut at every level. Only having 2 parties to choose from. The bias of the media. The same media in which I'd say most of the people in this country believe without question or at the very least allows it to shape there political ideologies. We can't even get a news program in this country that doesn't just report the news without slant or bias. It's just so ridiculous.
I wholeheartedly agree.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Now all we have to do is to get the mainstream media behind us since thats all most people seem to believe nowadays...

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Step 1 : Burn it to the ground
Step 2 : Collect the insurance

Works for most corporations .

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Wash all their underwear in extra strong lye.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to: Metallicus
Bravo!

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Term limits on every government job. From secretary answering phones to CIA international spies- government jobs shouldn't be an option for lifetime work.

The higher position you have, the shorter your limit should be- and there needs to be a limit of how many positions total you can have, so these worms don't just keep jumping around eating away at our country

This, and huge cash rewards for turning in government crooks. I mean huge. It sucks to waste tax dollars, but turning in your boss for aiding in human trafficking in a government job now will get you suicided. Rewards have to be life changing. Millions. Enough to relocate and retire.

Personally, I like the idea of just firing everyone. Can the lot of them. Senators, departments, judges, secretaries, gofers, assistants...
Fire them all with no choice to re elect, elect all new skeleton crew. Wipe the federal law book and start over. Severely limit the size of government, and start over.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I hear you and strongly agree, but if your 2 steps were taken, who the hell would want to be a politician?
Currently, our politicians just want money and power. To find any who actually have we the peoples best interests in order is like searching for the holy grail.
Our founding fathers predicted this would happen when they declared their Independence. They knew morals and duties would be blinded by corruption and greed. They even left us the solution, and made sure we could initiate the solution with a certain amendment. TAKE IT BACK. That was the solution left for us. Sadly, we will never take it back. People dont care about being truly free anymore. They just wanna be rich and famous. Who cares about justice, equality, or fairness, when you can have 10 cars, 3 houses, 4 boats, a stable full of hoes, and be poppin bottles in the club and sh!t???
We've let our fathers down. Men who put their lives on the line daily. Simply holding a meeting, or speaking of the King with ill-intent, earned you an appointment with the gallows, and they did this daily. I dont think we're really able to comprehend these actions and consequences today.
This experiment has failed, and its our fault.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real

but if your 2 steps were taken, who the hell would want to be a politician?

I think that is the whole point. The parasites that are currently attracted to these positions, the ones that are willing to sell their integrity for wealth and influence, wouldn't be attracted to these positions. We have to try something because it is obvious the types of people these political positions entice.

I would go even further. I would reconfirm the bill of rights and our constitution and start limiting the federal governments power. Give that power back to the states where it belongs. Decentralize power and watch the globalist squirm, trying to regain control of this beautiful land.

We need to get back to a being a republic and ditch this democracy crap. Let the states develop their own personalities again and as long and the individual's rights and freedoms are protected, let the statistics speak for themselves.

Then we can start working on our messed up fiat system. Freedom is attainable even in today's age.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I totally disagree. You can fix most problems in this world no matter how big or how small. When going about the business of fixing a country I believe historians would refer to this process as a revolution.

Perhaps we could destroy the corporate structure and return to a culture of hunter gatherers.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Perhaps we could destroy the corporate structure and return to a culture of hunter gatherers.

Ummm...we could even have a point system..."bag em and tag em"...nuanced for the new generation...of both hunters...and gatherers...

That way everyone is assured a role in this post corporate apocalyptic scenario...no zombies though...not this time...

YouSir

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join