It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Thylacine York Peninsular, South Australia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: harold223

Cool - yep the head looks like a thylacine,

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Glad you chirped in Hutchy. I was unsure of the location. Anyways I posted a link previously regarding the Tiger and its motion.

I was interested in the fencing. I'm sure they are post type about 1.5 to 1.6 out of ground level. As I use split bloodwood at 3 metre spacings I'm of the opinion these posts are @ 12 metres with 3 wire retainers between each to separate the horizontal 4 strand.

The wire between the posts can't seen in the pic/video so I'm guessing it is a small gauge and the posts are solid. Perhaps the posts are about 120m across. I ask that perhaps you might give some insight as to the fencing in that area of nearby if you have the knowledge.

From that info we may glean the approximate size of the beastie.

My thoughts and as always kind regards,

bally

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Just got out a tape measure and went on memory .lol. Usually the fences are around 1 to 1.2 meters high here in SA remember for the most part you only need to keep in . Newer fences tend to a touch higher than older ones . I would run with 1.2 meters . Ran into a white while spear fishing ( pointy bit top photo ) years ago , not good , we were about 200 meters from shore .

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Had another look and a couple of posts seem a bit wonky so now i am going with old fence ( wooden posts)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   

My thoughts too. Mate.

Round, old, cut from timber that was used to clear that selection.

Cheers mate

bally

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Goodness, a whitey aye. Haven't met the buggers but had the same confrontation with a huge Bronzy off Batemans Bay while spear fishing and getting a few lobbies as a young bloke.

Talk about walk on water buddy.

Bally

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Just got out a tape measure and went on memory .lol. Usually the fences are around 1 to 1.2 meters high here in SA remember for the most part you only need to keep in . Newer fences tend to a touch higher than older ones . I would run with 1.2 meters . Ran into a white while spear fishing ( pointy bit top photo ) years ago , not good , we were about 200 meters from shore .

Yeah I would say 1.2m approx for your average fence.

I found the video I mentioned from 1973 that was from the Flinders Ranges also in South Australia. At least 200km from where this latest video was filmed. Very similar looking movement although this one was moving faster and appeared threatened.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Are the people here who are saying it's a roo just joking or are you all serious? Kangaroos don't run on all four legs.

Actually, the way the animal is running is very interesting. Notice it's weird gait and the way it sort of rocks back and forth as it runs? Thylacines had back legs that were longer than their front legs. The way the animal in that video moves is exactly the way I would imagine a thylacine's run to look because of their longer hind legs.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Charizard

Are the people here who are saying it's a roo just joking or are you all serious?

I was wondering that myself . Those comments brought to you by the same people that think chocolate milk comes from brown cows .

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

A roo? Are u serious? Deny ignorance

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
i love how aussie this thread has gotten, been a while since we had one like this

and yeah while the location would be a pretty odd place to see one, the shape of the head, the gait, the position of the tail... it's all adding up and i'm finding it real hard to think what else it could possibly be

one can only hope!

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I have never seen such Australian an Australian I mean it makes crocodile Dundee look like a new York city businessman. So I gotta ask, are you joking or are you really just usojg your normal dialect? If the latter, OMG I love it.

I mean:
"Goodness, a whitey aye. Haven't met the buggers but had the same confrontation with a huge Bronzy off Batemans Bay while spear fishing and getting a few lobbies as a young bloke."
edit on 7/9/2017 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

I mean: "Goodness, a whitey aye. Haven't met the buggers but had the same confrontation with a huge Bronzy off Batemans Bay while spear fishing and getting a few lobbies as a young bloke."

Thats pretty much how we speak , well those of us that are older anyway .I tend to write a lot more correctly than i speak . Hopefully our way of speaking won't disappear .

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Nope. Why do you think this is significant and don't charge off toward it in recording?
Dumbass.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

The 1973 video is something to think about . Not conclusive but interesting . Below it is broken down quite nicely .
www.wherelightmeetsdark.com...
This footage was taken near millicent and as you can see there are a lot more places to hide .

In particular, the 1973 Doyle footage is very compelling and is from the South Australian town of Millicent.

Pretty good wrap up of the thylacine below
thylacine.
Decided to add this footage .

edit on 10-7-2017 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   
The way it runs looks so poorly cgi'd to me... like he animated a still silhouette of a thylacine. Just my opinion though.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I live on a farm out near Lithgow NSW and I have Kangaroos literally in my back paddock. I can conclusively say that it is NOT a Roo. I see them every day, in fact I'm looking at 3 of them right now.

Looks to me like either an old wild dog whose limbs are getting stiff with age, or a similarly-aged Dingo - although I don't know if Dingos exist that far south.

I won't, however, disclude the possibility of it being a Thylacine. It is certainly intriguing and has gained my interest. I will state, again, that it is definitely not a Roo.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Yourmomsentme

Looks nothing like a Canine of any kind.

Pointed snout, long tail and high back legs, moving with a bound (similar to a Wallaby on all fours). It's definitely a Marsupial.

Without some kind of reference for scaling though, I can't say that it is a Tassie Tiger.

Most probable scenario is that it's a Large Male Tiger Quoll, which are quite common in the region this was supposedly taken.

Would be nice to have it turn out to be an actual Tiget tho.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

Strewth! Hutch hit the point' Yarnin with one another, yeah, outside the big smoke we spin a couple with cobbers or diggers if you may. The vernacular is quite steady with currency lads but like a road kill roo its disappearing as the crows pick away bit by bit.

Yer can't hit a crow with yer motor car but you'll always trip up a roo with the chrome bumper. Anyways I gotta point percy at the proverbial pommie porcelain (to borrow a line from Bazza) so I'll cut a groove and shoot through mate.

Might need one of them Aussie lingo Diction books written up. I'll have ter dip me thumbnail in some tar and round up the sheep in the top paddock to give some explanatory notes on a piece of dunny roll if you can't use the thought factory to get a handle on the lingo.

The animal in question moves much like the version on Page 11 of my link in a previous post. Have a gander cobra and perhaps throw a line on your thinkin.

My kind regards as always,

bally

edit on 10-7-2017 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Hey come on Kryster. You got the big black cat up your ways. Be kind, give the southern cousins something to be excited about other than white sharks.

Seen some pics of your cat. Bit of a mystery much like the Ops animal.

kind regards,

bally

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join