It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’m a Pediatrician Trans Ideology Has Infiltrated My Field and Produced Large-Scale Child Abuse.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: kaylaluv
I am just so tired of these threads.

I KNOW!!! I'm so sick of conservatives shoving transgender topics down my throat!

Maybe if you wouldn't tell us that sexuality is begun to be discovered and explored at the age of 3..

link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I see you started a thread about the hate group, American College of Pediatricians... And of course you got lots of alt-right support. Big surprise...

What's hateful about science and biology?

You're born a boy, or a girl. It's pretty evident which of the two you are.

Telling a kid they can be whatever they want is not only a lie, but pretty sick and can ruin their lives.

I'm an independent, but what is alt right about being a boy or a girl.
edit on 8-7-2017 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
a reply to: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx

Lol I edited due to lack of emphasis on sarcasm!

Haha, I saw it as that almost immediately. I think some folks are too eager to bite with this topic however.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

I am just so tired of these threads. I have been on ATS for over 5 years, and every couple of months, one of these threads pops up and every couple of months I patiently post links to documented evidence that gender dysphoria is a real thing, and that ignoring it is doing harm to real children, and that parental and societal support lowers suicide rates, on and on and on. Here we are again...

I can't tell if you people are just really stupid or really evil.

And yet you claim the suicide rate post-op being high are lies.

That seems pretty evil to deny so that it doesn't ruin a narrative..

The post-op suicide rate is faaaaaaar less than pre-op yet more than non-dysphoric people.

You can either take away from that that treatment of gender dysphoria decreases suicide or you can ignore that fact and just say treated transsexuals have a higher suicide rate than non-transgender people.

The truth is obvious but you can spin it however you want.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I KNOW!!! I'm so sick of conservatives shoving transgender topics down my throat!

Maybe if you wouldn't tell us that sexuality is begun to be discovered and explored at the age of 3..

Who is talking about sexuality?!

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Hey on most threads I would agree with you, though on something as fundamental as this, I don't think we can call out people as stupid or evil because they don't think the same way as you.

Remember for most people gender is defined as male or female, there isn't even total equality between the sexes in the traditional sense, this is a minefield and at this stage no one side of the argument is a clear winner.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767
a reply to: Sheye

I don't care what religion my doctor is, as long as they don't push it on me and mine, or try to use their (supposed) medical position as a position of moral authority.

edit on 8-7-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I am just so tired of these threads. I have been on ATS for over 5 years, and every couple of months, one of these threads pops up and every couple of months I patiently post links to documented evidence that gender dysphoria is a real thing, and that ignoring it is doing harm to real children, and that parental and societal support lowers suicide rates, on and on and on. Here we are again...

I can't tell if you people are just really stupid or really evil.

And yet you claim the suicide rate post-op being high are lies.

That seems pretty evil to deny so that it doesn't ruin a narrative..

The post-op suicide rate is faaaaaaar less than pre-op yet more than non-dysphoric people.

You can either take away from that that treatment of gender dysphoria decreases suicide or you can ignore that fact and just say treated transsexuals have a higher suicide rate than non-transgender people.

The truth is obvious but you can spin it however you want.

That fact doesn't take away from the truth that it is higher.. I'm confused as to why you are confused and trying to nitpick.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

link   
***ATTENTION***

Listen up, because this will only be said once.

If you want to discuss this topic, then do it as adults. The insults, the snide comments, the sarcasm stop NOW. This thread will be closed temporarily to ensure that this gets read. When it is reopened, if the posts keep going the way they have to this point, Posting Bans will be handed out. You get one, and only one warning. I suggest you take it seriously if you want to keep your posting privileges.

Thread reopened.
edit on 7/8/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

link   

What's concervative about leaving life altering decisions to adulthood, or at least closer to?

I have no problem with the trans community. But letting children decide when they change their minds constantly just seems irresponsible.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Good article. I do not believe anyone should be doing transgender therapy on kids. If a kid wants this, they can wait till they are eighteen. There should be a law against transforming the gender of kids. That is not part of parenting a child. If their kid wants it, then after they are eighteen the parents may help them financially. That is it.

Parents seem to be pushing this too much, kids go through phases.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Like I said in the other thread and others before it. This is not surprising anyone... it's so unshocking at this point it's almost expected....

Maybe that's the point..... hmmm

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Good article. I do not believe anyone should be doing transgender therapy on kids. If a kid wants this, they can wait till they are eighteen. There should be a law against transforming the gender of kids. That is not part of parenting a child. If their kid wants it, then after they are eighteen the parents may help them financially. That is it.

That is the problem as I see it. What a child expresses a like for changes monthly, weekly, daily, even hourly. I don't really see a problem with children being made aware of these issues, but they are kids for goodness sake.

It is neglectful in the extreme to allow any child to take an irreversible and potentially damaging decision or course of action. That is why there are differing laws for adults and children, because children are not legally responsible.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

What's concervative about leaving life altering decisions to adulthood, or at least closer to?

I have no problem with the trans community. But letting children decide when they change their minds constantly just seems irresponsible.

What life-altering decisions are being chosen in childhood? The earliest any permanent decisions can be made is at 16 and that's after years of therapy.

The "conservative" part is in propagating the usual conservative fear machine and misinforming people for clickbait.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

originally posted by: rickymouse

That is the problem as I see it. What a child expresses a like for changes monthly, weekly, daily, even hourly. I don't really see a problem with children being made aware of these issues, but they are kids for goodness sake.

It is neglectful in the extreme to allow any child to take an irreversible and potentially damaging decision or course of action. That is why there are differing laws for adults and children, because children are not legally responsible.

I think that a full disclosure of cost, based on a lifetime, should have to be provided by anyone starting treatment. Also, I feel that all risks should be gone over, and there are lots of them, before one treatment has been given. Evidence of these risks needs to be given to the person. These risks cannot be downplayed, there are risks that are there for one hundred percent of people and also risks that only effect certain genetics of people. What might be safe for one person is not safe for another, if you cannot break down steroids or hormones, the treatment can severly effect a person . One out of four Europeans fall into this class.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
From the article linked to in the OP:

In a follow-up study of their first 70 eligible candidates to receive puberty suppression, de Vries and colleagues documented that all subjects went on to embrace a transgender identity and request cross-sex hormones. This is cause for concern. There is an obvious self-fulfilling nature to encouraging a young boy with GD to socially impersonate a girl and then institute pubertal suppression. Given the well established phenomenon of neuroplasticity, the repeated behavior of impersonating a girl alters the structure and function of the boy’s brain in some way—potentially in a way that will make identity alignment with his biologic sex less likely. This, together with the suppression of puberty that prevents further endogenous masculinization of his brain, causes him to remain a gender non-conforming prepubertal boy disguised as a prepubertal girl. Since his peers develop into young men and young women, he is left psychosocially isolated. He will be less able to identify with being male and more likely to identify as “non-male.” A protocol of impersonation and pubertal suppression that sets into motion a single inevitable outcome (transgender identification) that requires life-long use of synthetic hormones, resulting in infertility, is neither fully reversible nor harmless.

Which I take to mean, what could have been a "phase" that the child would have out grown becomes a virtually irrevocable decision.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Apparently some posters actually believe"curly sue" is a pediatrician?

Please.

And apparently some people think boys can be girls and girls can be guys.

Please

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam
From the article linked to in the OP:

In a follow-up study of their first 70 eligible candidates to receive puberty suppression, de Vries and colleagues documented that all subjects went on to embrace a transgender identity and request cross-sex hormones. This is cause for concern. There is an obvious self-fulfilling nature to encouraging a young boy with GD to socially impersonate a girl and then institute pubertal suppression. Given the well established phenomenon of neuroplasticity, the repeated behavior of impersonating a girl alters the structure and function of the boy’s brain in some way—potentially in a way that will make identity alignment with his biologic sex less likely. This, together with the suppression of puberty that prevents further endogenous masculinization of his brain, causes him to remain a gender non-conforming prepubertal boy disguised as a prepubertal girl. Since his peers develop into young men and young women, he is left psychosocially isolated. He will be less able to identify with being male and more likely to identify as “non-male.” A protocol of impersonation and pubertal suppression that sets into motion a single inevitable outcome (transgender identification) that requires life-long use of synthetic hormones, resulting in infertility, is neither fully reversible nor harmless.

Which I take to mean, what could have been a "phase" that the child would have out grown becomes a virtually irrevocable decision.

"in some way—potentially in a way"... in other words, she doesn't understand neuroplasticity or neurology, in general. Neuroplasticity isn't some magic brain training that reshapes your brain. That's just what trashy blogs push in order to sell cheap books and apps that "make you smarter".

It's a gimmick and doesn't apply to gender.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join