It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Jr. gathered members of campaign for meeting with Russian lawyer before election

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Fusion has been a major focal point of the FBI and Congress because it hired a former British intelligence agent named Christopher Steele to produce a salacious intelligence dossier that made wild and still unsubstantiated claims about Trump ties to Russia.
Congressional investigators involved in the Russian influence case told Circa on Sunday that they are almost certain to probe if Veselnitskaya used her parole entry status to contact the Trump family and whether there is any connection to the Steele dossier and Fusion GPS.
“This is new information that raises all sorts of new questions and we are digging into it as we speak,” one congressional investigator told Circa, speaking only on condition of anonymity.
President Trump’s lawyers said Saturday they feared Veselnitskaya’s meeting at Trump Tower may have been part of a broader election opposition effort to smear the Republican by creating the impression he and his family had extensive ties to Russia as the Kremlin was interfering in the 2016 election.
“We have learned from both our own investigation and public reports that the participants in the meeting misrepresented who they were and who they worked for,” said Mark Corallo, a spokesman for President Trump’s legal team. “Specifically, we have learned that the person who sought the meeting is associated with Fusion GPS, a firm which according to public reports, was retained by Democratic operatives to develop opposition research on the President and which commissioned the phony Steele dossier."

www.circa.com...[ed itby]edit on 9-7-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
Money laundering seems to be Trump's Achilles Heal in this mess, and money laundering is the reason the Magnitsky Act came about, and the Magnitsky Act is what the lawyer in question was lobbying to get repealed, supposedly, in the clandestine meeting at Trump Tower. Seems pretty damning to me!

Agree. The "Russia investigations" make Watergate look like child's play, as they involve many areas of inquiry. There are: 1) Russian election meddling via cyber tactics (hacking, spread of disinformation), 2) Russian meddling directly via influence on Trump campaign officials (some who have been Foreign Agents under FARA), 3) Illegal money laundering for Russians, 4) any connections between all three. Also, there are now obstruction investigations.

Trump interjected himself in 1 by asking Russia to find missing emails, may or may not have been involved with 2 outside of unwitting asset, his businesses may have come up for 3 during fed Russian money laundering and Russian mobster investigations, and he may have been involved in 4. But money laundering actions seem to be solely in T's camp, with maybe only Manafort and, due to nature of family business, family members involved. So, Yes, this could very well be Achilles Heel.

Interesting, that old news from March is being hoisted aloft again as news breaks of the Trump Tower meeting. Are investigations picking up more, bigger clues, zeroing in, on accusations of connections to money laundering? Certainly T's legal team, by putting the old news out there is trying to deflect.

From March 2017

Peter Fritsch, a partner at Fusion GPS, told Circa in an email "the case referenced by Sen. Grassley - USA vs. Prevezon Holdings - Fusion GPS was working for the U.S. law firm of Baker Hostetler, at its direction, in a litigation support role."

Fritsch said the work is a matter of public record. "By the very nature of that work, Fusion GPS was working with a law firm to ensure compliance with the law. Fusion GPS was not required to register under the Foreign Agents Registration Act," he added.

What Grassley at the time was putting out there (IMO to deflect) was the idea that Fusion may not have even inquired about FARA, and the DOJ may not have even asked. Grassley was a set up for what is being dragged out now... The Dems were involved with Russian meddling, too! Trump was the victim of the Russians via the Dems!.... yeah, right.... but, hey, a lawyer's gotta do (legally and ethically) what a lawyer's gotta do for the client...

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
OMG news is just out with Don Jr's statement admitting to going there to collect damaging info on Hillary! Jeezu, Don Jr admitting campaign collusion with Russia!

Either he's more stupid than I thought, or he's trying to take the fall for a) any of his Dad's personal campaign collusion, or b) his Dad's money laundering (by Jr taking the fall on collusion via what IMO could be a false statement about the meeting purpose). Wow.we'll see.... maybe not soon, but sometime

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

CNN is delighted that It can now focus on this Russian lawyer thing, rather than president Trump's success at the G20 Summit.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

LOL Christopher Steele is a Kremlin agent? "C'mon dude! Debunk the 8 pages of allegations and stop whining about whose money paid for the research.

As UKtruth pointed out, large sections of your dossier have already been debunked. And as the burden of proof lies with the claimant it is up to you to prove the statements in your dossier correct.

So far it just looks like a bunch of hot air and lies.

Can you verify any of it

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

No, however 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3 intelligence agencies can... sort of... not really.
edit on 9-7-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
It's disgusting that the anti-America New York Times, or the anti-America Washington Post, publish a Trump-Russia story every time the President accomplishes something for America.

The day after the Supreme Court approved most of President Trump's enhanced screening program (aka Travel Ban), the WaPo came out with the big Nothing Burger about Jared Kushner (Trump's Son-In-Law) doing business with a Russian bank.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Looks like the Russian lawyer misrepresented herself in order to get the Trump people to the meeting. It turns out the russian lawyer is linked to Fusiongps.

So now we have Democrats colluding with Russians in order to undermine a presidential candidate / sitting president.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

That's what it sounds like. Democrats set up this meeting under false pretenses in order to frame the Trump campaign.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I'm actually going to a Russian restaurant for dinner tonight with my wife.

I'm half expecting the liberal MSM to show up and paint us as spies.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

LOL, this is right out of the KGB cook book; Deny, Deflect and Blame Someone Else......

These are Trump and Co's tells.

Wasn't Hillary Secretary of State when the Magnitsky Act was enacted? Why would this woman, who is famous for fighting against the Act, collude with Hillary to trap Trump's campaign into, what, taking derogatory info on Clinton?

Makes no sense.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Donald Trump Jr's statement on the NYT article.

that he and other members of the Trump campaign met with Natalia Veselnitskaya, a Russian lawyer who claimed to have damaging information about Hillary Clinton:

"I was asked to have a meeting by an acquaintance I knew from the 2013 Miss Universe pageant with an individual who I was told might have information helpful to the campaign. "I was not told her name prior to the meeting. I asked Jared (Kushner) and Paul (Manafort) to attend, but told them nothing of the substance.

We had a meeting in June 2016. After pleasantries were exchanged, the woman stated that she had information that individuals connected to Russia were funding the Democratic National Committee and supporting Ms. Clinton. "Her statements were vague, ambiguous and made no sense. No details or supporting information was provided or even offered.

It quickly became clear that she had no meaningful information. She then changed subjects and began discussing the adoption of Russian children and mentioned the Magnitsky Act.

"It became clear to me that this was the true agenda all along and that the claims of potentially helpful information were a pretext for the meeting. I interrupted and advised her that my father was not an elected official, but rather a private citizen, and that her comments and concerns were better addressed if and when he held public office.

"The meeting lasted approximately 20 to 30 minutes. As it ended, my acquaintance apologized for taking up our time. That was the end of it and there was no further contact or follow-up of any kind. My father knew nothing of the meeting or these events.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Thankyou for the entire statement. I had only heard parts of it on the car radio.

Seems like NYT and WaPo have used almost all their Russia-Trump material. This Russian lawyer meeting must of been in the bottom of their Trump hate chest.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

LOL..........Poor little naïve Donny Jr and Ewic were twicked by the savvy Russian lawyer lady, (who has Putin's "Blacklisting ear"), whose secret agenda was to help crooked Hillary impeach Dad, by catching us twying to buy dirt on Hillary during the campaign.

Bwaaahahahah

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

LOL, this is right out of the KGB cook book; Deny, Deflect and Blame Someone Else......

These are Trump and Co's tells.

Actually its the Democrats play book...

The Russians hacked my email... The russians hacked the DNC... The FBI never asked for the DNC server... It wasnt against the law to use my own server... It was a youtube video that started benghazi etc etc etc.

Wasn't Hillary Secretary of State when the Magnitsky Act was enacted? Why would this woman, who is famous for fighting against the Act, collude with Hillary to trap Trump's campaign into, what, taking derogatory info on Clinton?

Makes no sense.

No, Kerry was. The act was signed into law in Dec 2012.

Nice try at deflecting though.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Your post does nothing to make little Donny Jr's story more credible. But, deflecting and blaming Hillary is a Trumpette staple, and to be expected. "But Hillary! Waaaa.......Lock Her Up!"

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Thanks. I had not seen his full statement either. This coincides with earlier reports that he was deceived regarding who he was meeting and why.

President Trump’s lawyers said Saturday they feared Veselnitskaya’s meeting at Trump Tower may have been part of a broader election opposition effort to smear the Republican by creating the impression he and his family had extensive ties to Russia as the Kremlin was interfering in the 2016 election.

“We have learned from both our own investigation and public reports that the participants in the meeting misrepresented who they were and who they worked for,” said Mark Corallo, a spokesman for President Trump’s legal team. “Specifically, we have learned that the person who sought the meeting is associated with Fusion GPS, a firm which according to public reports, was retained by Democratic operatives to develop opposition research on the President and which commissioned the phony Steele dossier. "

Source

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

"It became clear to me that this was the true agenda all along and that the claims of potentially helpful information were a pretext for the meeting. I interrupted and advised her that my father was not an elected official, but rather a private citizen, and that her comments and concerns were better addressed if and when he held public office.

So DT Jr. just admitted to wanting to collude with the Russian government against Hillary Clinton. Also, I wouldn't hang your coat on the "DT Jr. was deceived by this meeting" narrative. That just makes him look stupid on top of admitting to criminal election fraud. Though if you ask me, he looks stupid for several reasons here.
edit on 10-7-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
There's an old saying that is true 99.9999999% of the time.

"If you want to know what Democrats are guilty of simply look at what they are accusing Republicans of."

It will eventually come out the Dems colluded with Russia on the election (and still lost). It's almost there now, so close.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join