It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Team Met With Lawyer Linked to Kremlin During Campaign

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
We have yet ANOTHER article from the New York Times that makes people believe that Trump had/has ties to Russians that are "Bad".

This time it's "Sources" claiming Trump's Son Donald Jr. arranged a secret meeting with a Russian lawyer supposedly connected to the Russian government !**!

This Hail Mary comes as Trump is at the G20 meetings in Europe and His meeting with Russian Vlad Putin.

They just won't give it up will they.

Trump Jr. has (possibly) confirmed the meeting actually happened, but for some kind of "normal" reasons.

The NYT article attempts to tie-in all kinds of tangents to make sure people automatically believe the sinister implications !

Trump Team Met With Lawyer Linked to Kremlin During Campaign

Two weeks after Donald J. Trump clinched the Republican presidential nomination last year, his eldest son arranged a meeting at Trump Tower in Manhattan with a Russian lawyer who has connections to the Kremlin, according to confidential government records described to The New York Times.

The previously unreported meeting was also attended by Mr. Trump’s campaign chairman at the time, Paul J. Manafort, as well as the president’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, according to interviews and the documents, which were outlined by people familiar with them.

While President Trump has been dogged by revelations of undisclosed meetings between his associates and Russians, this episode at Trump Tower on June 9, 2016, is the first confirmed private meeting between a Russian national and members of Mr. Trump’s inner circle during the campaign. It is also the first time that his son Donald J. Trump Jr. is known to have been involved in such a meeting.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Was this a leak from inside Special Counsel ?

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
It's fake. Derp.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Oh, you posted the NYT version. I put up the Circa one.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This is the story that keeps on giving...

Let the progressives continue this ridiculous narrative...

It's spending ALL their political capital and credibility...

The Democratic Party and the mainstream media have ruined their future with a story everyone knows is BS..

My wife and I constantly ask "what did the Russians have to do with us voting for Trump?"

We seriously do...and so do most sane people who didn't vote for trump...

But to those who subscribe to the Russia narrative please riddle me this:
What role did Russia play in my voting for trump?
Or my dad, a lifelong democrat?
Hillary was an awful candidate/human being and Russia had nothing to do with that fact..

-Chris

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

So.

I still love President Trump.

Edit....blah blah blah "CNN".... blah blah blah " Russia hacking"......so what...give us something new.
edit on 8-7-2017 by Yourmomsentme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

This could be good.. the news that the Russian lawyer was linked to the same company hired by the Hillary Clinton campaign is golden!

I note that the NYT left out the link from their story - I wonder why... haha.
edit on 8/7/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Fusion GPS..

2nd

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
OMG

“We have learned from both our own investigation and public reports that the participants in the meeting misrepresented who they were and who they worked for,” said Mark Corallo, a spokesman for President Trump’s legal team. “Specifically, we have learned that the person who sought the meeting is associated with Fusion GPS, a firm which according to public reports, was retained by Democratic operatives to develop opposition research on the President and which commissioned the phony Steele dossier. "

Circa
edit on 8-7-2017 by Tempter because: Addition

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
No matter how much these clowns play 3 degrees from Kevin Bacon they still can't get this crap to stick.

At this point it would be easier convincing people he's actually a she.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The NYT thanks you for your contribution toward their ad revenue.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: ketsuko

This could be good.. the news that the Russian lawyer was linked to the same company hired by the Hillary Clinton campaign is golden!

I note that the NYT left out the link from their story - I wonder why... haha.

Except, the company was originally hcommissioned by Republican "Never Trumpers", who ran low and cash and turned to the Democrats to help fund their endeavor. It was Republican John McCain that ultimately turned the dossier over to the FBI, even while the Five Eyes were alerting the American intel community of their suspicious observations too.

I wonder why the Right keeps leaving that part out?

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

The key element to this story, which the NYT is
ignoring is the tie to Fusion GPS, which represented
Russia in foreign agent actions, without registering
legally under a FISA. They are the big snake in the
pit. Does this MO sound familiar?

Podesta Group playbook.

Knowing a Hiilary supporter funded Fusion GPS to
create the dossier in the time frame they were
acting as an unregistered agent speaks volumes.

Russia "gate" is actually Hillary Gate!

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
In America, if the American left gets its way, it will soon be a crime to be a Russian, related to a Russian, or have any contact with a Russian.

Like the Jews in the Third Reich.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I'll give this one a shot.

While there have been a number of ways that have been suggested about Russia's interference and hacking, e.g. release of emails, hacking of the DNC, manipulation of voting machines(not ADDING votes but actually disqualifying legitimate votes to sway results), there has been much discussion about the social media influence.

In the case of you, your wife, father...and EVERYONE for that matter on some level, techniques were used en masse via Meme's, literally 100% fake stories that were picked up by supposed legitimate news sources like Fox, and then spread via social media.

So the next thought is...I DON'T FALL FOR THAT #!!! We believe what we believe and it's based on my own intelligence, ability to critically think, and there is just no way any of us could be impacted that greatly.

Unfortunately, with certain techniques of influence, such as neurolinguistic programming, NLP, we are all high vulnerable and susceptible to manipulation. This could be done in ways to change our point of view, strengthen a point of view, or weaken it.

Let me show a 7 minute example that is well worth watching

www.youtube.com...

Russia was found to have hired 1000's of internet trolls to influence us. While this doesn't seem impactful it most certainly can be.

www.independent.co.uk... tee-a7657641.html

Lastly, the creator of Dilbert, Scott Adams, spoke of Trump as a master influencer via high level persuasion techniques throughout the campaign. Scott Adams is also a hypnotist and a master influencer that has been trained in NLP.

Now I feel that Trump is a complete piece of # conman based on his previous real estate dealings, his behavior on the apprentice, his continued misquotes and misunderstandings, not to mention his ridiculous hair piece and Jersey Shore worthy tan. I am unsure if that makes me unsusceptible to his persuasion techniques, but based on Scott Adams they likely still got to me as well.

Here are examples of what Scott says Trump did throughout the campaign.

a. He spoke in visuals and not in terms. When Trump spoke about terrorists he wouldn't simply say that. He would speak about people in cages with their heads cut off. This visual is far more influential than just calling someone a terrorist. It influences opinion and actually endears him as a strong leader who says it like it is. This is only one example of course.

b. He thoroughly belittled his opponents throughout the campaign one by one by utilizing descriptive nicknames that have layered meaning. e.g. Little Marco. Low Energy Jeb. Leaving the best one for last, Crooked Hillary.

Why is this the best one? The term crooked can mean thief, dishonest, and also mean bent/out of shape in regards to someones health. No we likely don't think that immediately but it penetrates our brain unknowingly. Trump was even smart enough to A/B test nicknames for her during his speech..."Which is it crowd? Crooked Hillary??? or Unstable Hillary?" He went with the nickname that got larger applause.

c. He lies his ass of in the same influential ways while staying off topic entirely if confronted with those lies. These are tips he learned from his previous attorney. Change the subject and never admit to wrong doing. We saw him do this during the campaign and "debates". We still see him do it.

I get specific about what Trump did via the campaign because if there is a possibility of Russia influencing the voting population via fake news, memes, and messages spread via NLP, it's essentially the same method that Trump was utilizing during his campaign(according to Scott Adams who covered the topic at length on his blog and via interviews with Bill Maher etc.)

If you want to learn more about NLP look up Richard Bandler, the founder/creator of the method. To put it in perspective, Richard Bandler killed a prostitute during a coked up rampage at his apartment. He took the stand in his own defense and the jury found him not guilty. That's just how effective it can be.

So the combination of influence by social media, direct method's by Trump, and other possible meddling are how it was done. The NLP used could have been used to pump up Trump in your mind while destroying Hillary and Bernie. You know how many times I heard people criticize Hillary's health or Bernie's age? Trump's the same effing age practically.

As a Canadian who lives in the USA I have a unique perspective. The one thing I knew moving down here nearly 30 years ago is Americans HATE RUSSIANS. COMMIE. PINKO. BASTARDS. Democrats hate them quite a bit but Republicans...UGH! Rocky IV was an American's wet dream.

So It has been very surprising to me how so many Americans have been okay with Trump literally kissing Russia and Putin's ass. He stands up for the guy. Defends his antics. Absolutely refuses to criticize and makes special time for the guy. Just the other day he shook hands with him and didn't try to rip his arm off like every other world leader. The exceptions that have been made for Russia have been stunning, yet nobody on the Republican side, or Democrats for that matter is saying a word.

I bring this up as a question to you as a patriotic American, and your father the life long Democrat who voted for Trump...If you believe you were not influenced how do you not care that Trump is in love with Russia, refusing to criticize them at every opportunity? This certainly is not the normal American way.

originally posted by: Christosterone
This is the story that keeps on giving...

Let the progressives continue this ridiculous narrative...

It's spending ALL their political capital and credibility...

The Democratic Party and the mainstream media have ruined their future with a story everyone knows is BS..

My wife and I constantly ask "what did the Russians have to do with us voting for Trump?"

We seriously do...and so do most sane people who didn't vote for trump...

But to those who subscribe to the Russia narrative please riddle me this:
What role did Russia play in my voting for trump?
Or my dad, a lifelong democrat?
Hillary was an awful candidate/human being and Russia had nothing to do with that fact..

-Chris

edit on 9-7-2017 by m1kelowry because: Added link.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: m1kelowry

No offense but my wife graduated alpha omega alpha and valedictorian from one of the best med schools in the country...

My father is a lifelong democrat and scientist with a wall of post-grad degrees...

All those little letters after the commas on our names generally mean we are, at the very least, research capable....
And by that I mean we can discern garbage from fact...a skill Dan rather could've used...
But I digress...

Hillary was a disasterous candidate because her duplicitous nature has been documented since the late 60s...
She has never been, nor will she ever be, beloved by the bread-and-butter yellow dog democrat...
Trust me, I'm the Alex P Keaton of my very big Texas family and we have lots of people from farmers to doctors all with the same complaint: Hillary is not someone they felt comfortable at the helm of the United States...

Unless her parents were Russian I still do not understand how they made us vote not only for Donald Trump, but AGAINST Hillary...

-Chris

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

That's the thing, and it took me a while to grasp it listening to Scott Adams. It has nothing to do with intelligence and everything to do with the seeds that are planted in our minds unbeknownst to us. It is easy to reject the concept because of accolades and achievements in school, but please watch the video I attached of a small experiment/trick that Derren Brown did.

That is why the Russian paid influences, essentially internet trolls, were so effective. They trolled the internet with selective messages on how #ty Hillary was, how old Bernie is, and how great Trump was.

Throw in the influencing messages that Trump was constantly sending(again I get you believe you and your family are too smart to be duped), but it has nothing to do with smarts. The influence is out of our ability to perceive.

The Russian influence was a little more brute force, but if you really care about the topic read Scott Adams blog. I think Trump's a moron, but Scott Adams explained why he would win months prior to his candidacy.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Trump and Russia is such fake news I don't know why it's even a topic of conversation at this point.

Hillary and her cronies are proven to have done multiple business dealings with Russia and the MSM is still talking like even meeting with a Russian makes you guilty or is a problem.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

It's not illegal to work with Russian nationals or with Russian government officials, although there are rules and guidelines. It is illegal to work with foreign agents to influence and American election. That's not fake news.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join