It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of children being referred to gender identity clinics has quadrupled in five years

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Would love to see someone try to logically reconcile their position on this from a age of consent standpoint.

If age of consent is based on the immaturity and inability to understand sexuality, why is that argument null and void when it comes to transgenderism.

Seems to be that someone who says a child is "aware" enough and mature enough to alter their sex would then by default invalidate the age of consent argument.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: SteamyJeans
. . . these kids would never even consider this crap unless it was brought up first.

You're wrong.

Just like many kids knew at an early age they were gay - - so do transgender kids know their brain gender does not match their physical body.

Sexuality understanding begins around age 3. Look it up.

how do they know exactly? what characteristics do they experience that applies exclusively to a specific gender? my impression has been that after exhaustive efforts to cut down on sexism and gender stereotypes, we have begun reapplying those stereotypes in defense of gender dysphoria and similar conditions. what does a girl feel like? what does a boy feel like? what sensations denote the presence of each gender? is being uncomfortable with your anatomy a surefire sign that you were born the wrong gender? how can you confirm your identity without sampling the other genders or removing physiology from the picture entirely? when someone walks up and says "i have the body of a man but i feel like a woman" what feelings are they referring to exactly? and how do those feelings qualify as feminine or masculine? how do you defend that concept without resorting to stereotypes or being sexist? these are difficult conversations to have in person and i am genuinely interested in cementing my own understanding. the patterns i am observing appear to be quite similar to recoloring your hair or switching up your wardrobe for that "new me" feel. or maybe adjusting your diet in the hopes that you will feel better about yourself as a person. these are superficial changes that have nothing to do with personality or character or values. i am confused.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Perhaps if little Billy wants to marry little trannie Barney and they are both nine years old, it should be allowed. Seems to be what it's coming to.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: CurlySue

American college of Pediatricians - "a hate group with a history of propagating damaging falsehoods against the LGBT community"

I can't post a link right now, but look them up on Wikipedia.

Since when is Wikipedia the book of all truths ? 🤔

More truthful than anything the American College of PEDS puts out.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Just for clarity, I don't disagree that someone under 18 may have gd.

I'm just saying that we should not provide for or condone re assignment unless they are of adult age.

Schools shouldn't accommodate that anymore than they should have rooms for students to have sex in at your local grade school.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Seems to be that someone who says a child is "aware" enough and mature enough to alter their sex would then by default invalidate the age of consent argument.

Children do not alter their sex.

They take hormone blockers to prevent physical changes caused from puberty - - - until they are of legal age.

(although some have gotten legal permission to do it before age 18)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I guess I am slow.. but what in the nine levels of Hades is a gender identity clinic?

I have never heard of such a thing...

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

American college of Pediatricians - "a hate group with a history of propagating damaging falsehoods against the LGBT community"

Really?

That's your rebuttal?

I' ve said my peace and was merely making a point that referencing Wikipedia as a factual source is rather touch and go.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

They take hormone blockers to prevent physical changes caused from puberty - - - until they are of legal age.

So children just block hormones to prevent their natural physical sex attributes from happening in order to prepare for transitioning.

Ya, that's totally not what I said.

link   

Really?

That's your rebuttal?

I' ve said my peace and was merely making a point that referencing Wikipedia as a factual source is rather touch and go.

OK.

I'm sure other sources are available.

link   

You label them a HATE group? Are you insane? Wow, just wow...

Anything that doesn't push you narrative gets a label and pushed to the sidelines, I see how you guys and gals work.
edit on 8-7-2017 by CurlySue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

So children just block hormones to prevent their natural physical sex attributes from happening in order to prepare for transitioning.

Ya, that's totally not what I said.

Think about it.

It makes sense.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Kids should be left to do kid stuff, yes indeed!

I will say though that a lot of the posters here are speaking out of their asses and demonizing people who already deal with Hell.

Are you transgender/trans curious?

Do you speak with those and have friends/family that are trans to any degree?

If not, then please kindly stfu with your poison.

Here's the kicker, all of you DO know people who are trans to some degree, you just dont know it because they hide from those who froth at the mouth, labeling them as freaks and mentally deficient.

God is the judge. Not you.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: CurlySue

I know hunh ? ... the hypocrisy😏

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: CurlySue

Anything that doesn't push you narrative gets a label and pushed to the sidelines, I see how you guys and gals work.

They are a hate group.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Kids should be left to do kid stuff, yes indeed!

I will say though that a lot of the posters here are speaking out of their asses and demonizing people who already deal with Hell.

Are you transgender/trans curious?

Do you speak with those and have friends/family that are trans to any degree?

If not, then please kindly stfu with your poison.

Here's the kicker, all of you DO know people who are trans to some degree, you just dont know it because they hide from those who froth at the mouth, labeling them as freaks and mentally deficient.

God is the judge. Not you.

That's right.. so quit your judgement of our opinions !

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Can anyone help me out with that too post on page 5?

I don't see how one could logically validate those questions in opposing views.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Kayla, I know you feel very much for this issue and you're very passionate about it, but do you honestly not find the direction of this whole thing disturbing in the slightest?

Back then this would've been considered child abuse..

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Your judgements. Nice try.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

It was news to me as well, but I think a place you go when you're confused as #..

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join