It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of children being referred to gender identity clinics has quadrupled in five years

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: Abysha

Were they even thinking about being dicks before they were told not to be dicks? Probably not. Morals and ethics should be taught at home, not at school.

Remember you can win something, and lose something at the same time..

Yes, yes they were! Because morals and ethics are taught at home by people who teach their kids to hate certain types of people... the school combats that. We did it after segregation and people said the same thing (why do my kids have to learn about black people being equal when I should teach them what I think at home).

Transwomen, in particular are assaulted and murdered at a higher rate than any other demographic. Much of that violence starts in school. So no... when it comes to social ethics, I don't put my sole confidence in parents.
edit on 8-7-2017 by Abysha because: formattinz

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

So you're worried that a 5 year old, without the help of these transgender classes, might grow up to become a murderer?

I can assure you that anyone that will eventually grow up and be capable of murder, will not have been saved in kindergarten due to learning about transgenders..

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

So you're worried that a 5 year old, without the help of these transgender classes, might grow up to become a murderer?

I can assure you that anyone that will eventually grow up and be capable of murder, will not have been saved in kindergarten due to learning about transgenders..

Before I can answer that, show me what these "transgender classes" are. Nobody has been able to show me a national curriculum that matches the fear being churned up in this thread.
edit on 9-7-2017 by Abysha because: clarifying

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I don't literally mean classes, you yourself have already told me your daughter is exposed to transgenderism, what more do you need?

The fact that they are being exposed to the idea at that age is what I am talking about. There aren't really any specifics beyond that.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I don't literally mean classes, you yourself have already told me your daughter is exposed to transgenderism, what more do you need?

The fact that they are being exposed to the idea at that age is what I am talking about. There aren't really any specifics beyond that.

So you really do mean that by stating the fact trans folk exist and not to murder them... that's "exposing" them to "transgender classes"?

Why do you think your kids are so dumb to not wrap their heads around that. Not one classmate of my daughter's was confused when they brought this up.

But really... is that the extent of what you all are worried about? That it's mentioned?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Transwomen, in particular are assaulted and murdered at a higher rate than any other demographic.

I hear this a lot. Is there anything backing this up? I looked into it once and it seemed rather untrue. No doubt they are subjected to a lot of horrible stuff at a higher rate, but even if we said all murders were based solely on their being trans, the numbers didn't add up last time I tried. I am horrible with math, so won't be terribly surprised if I'm wrong.

-----

My opinion is that as being trans becomes more accepted, of course we're going to see more people (including children) coming out. I don't think a few more than a couple years ago cropping up is cause for alarm. It should be expected, I didn't even know transgender existed really until maybe 5 years ago.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Abysha, they are not showing your child a picture of a transgender and telling them not to murder them. It has nothing to with preventing murders..

Indoctrination doesn't happen instantly, of course they won't be confused right away, their brains can't even comprehend the true nature of it yet. This goes way beyond just the schools curriculum. They go home and turn on the TV and at every corner there it is, they go to the toy sections, and there it is, pretty much everywhere you turn to now, there it is. They are trying to desensitize everyone and bombard them at the same time, so when that time comes and your child is trying to figure out what's what, their mind has already been polluted and perception has been distorted.

But see, now I'm getting way too deep and I'm barely even scratching the surface.

Social engineering is real!!

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Transwomen, in particular are assaulted and murdered at a higher rate than any other demographic.

I hear this a lot. Is there anything backing this up? I looked into it once and it seemed rather untrue. No doubt they are subjected to a lot of horrible stuff at a higher rate, but even if we said all murders were based solely on their being trans, the numbers didn't add up last time I tried. I am horrible with math, so won't be terribly surprised if I'm wrong.

-----

My opinion is that as being trans becomes more accepted, of course we're going to see more people (including children) coming out. I don't think a few more than a couple years ago cropping up is cause for alarm. It should be expected, I didn't even know transgender existed really until maybe 5 years ago.

I think you might be thinking of the old "1 in 12 transwomen will be murdered" statistic. Obviously, that was never true and was made popular by a politician mistaking a professor's stat for something else.

In truth, it runs at about 2:1 for murder and higher for assault and rape, depending on the year. I broke it down once and it was super difficult given the fluctuating assessments of demographics and then splitting up the FBI statistics beyond "lgbt hate crime". It was a headache. Where it gets scare is when you look at transwomen of color... that's some sad stuff.

To the rest of your post, that was pretty much my though, as well. It's not as if gender dysphoria is becoming some sort of epidemic; they just don't need to hide as much anymore. Same thing happened with gay folks in the last half of the 20th century.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Abysha, they are not showing your child a picture of a transgender and telling them not to murder them. It has nothing to with preventing murders..

Indoctrination doesn't happen instantly, of course they won't be confused right away, their brains can't even comprehend the true nature of it yet. This goes way beyond just the schools curriculum. They go home and turn on the TV and at every corner there it is, they go to the toy sections, and there it is, pretty much everywhere you turn to now, there it is. They are trying to desensitize everyone and bombard them at the same time, so when that time comes and your child is trying to figure out what's what, their mind has already been polluted and perception has been distorted.

But see, now I'm getting way too deep and I'm barely even scratching the surface.

Social engineering is real!!

So... there's nothing in particular that our public schools are teaching on this topic as a national curriculum that is actually bothering you?

It seems like this whole thing (to many, many people) is this nebulous, incorporeal fear defined by things that aren't even things when put under scrutiny. It's like a mosaic of fear created by click bait blogs.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

I think you might be thinking of the old "1 in 12 transwomen will be murdered" statistic. Obviously, that was never true and was made popular by a politician mistaking a professor's stat for something else.

That wasn't what I was referring to, but yeah that seems absurd.

I had actually taken the time and the number of transgender people that were murdered (I think it was last year at the highest) and then compared that to the number of people murdered. I suppose that didn't make sense though, since we're trying to zero in on certain groups and pick the one with the highest incidence of murders. I'm pretty sure in the US it would be younger black males, but I'm certainly not sure.

To the rest of your post, that was pretty much my though, as well. It's not as if gender dysphoria is becoming some sort of epidemic; they just don't need to hide as much anymore. Same thing happened with gay folks in the last half of the 20th century.

That's generally the impression I get. I also understand where people are coming from when they say kids of a certain age don't need to be worrying themselves with this kind of thing, and should instead be taught a sort of universal acceptance. Let them learn the nitty gritty when they get older. I also have no idea what all they are being taught, so it may be super innocuous crap like call people what they want to be called.

I think for a lot of people (myself included) we're a little concerned about seeing the pendulum swing way past what's reasonable, as it always seems to do. So while I want kids and people to be kind and decent to each other, I don't was curriculum focusing on this and in my opinion wasting time. I feel like both sides tend to get a little to inoctrinatey. I think many of us tend to get freaked out by the weirdos online that we never actually encounter in real life.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: MaestroMind

But that's the point, they aren't confused as to what SEX they are. They're confused about their GENDER.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   

And this is where we will just have to agree to disagree because it's getting late and I'm not trying to extend this any further, you can continue to believe what you want.

Btw, your narrative that these things only come from click bait threads or conservatives is false, because I don't read click bait blogs nor am I a conservative. (I got this notion from your previous thread)

These things have been common knowledge to me for many years.

But thanks for the chat.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Your children need to be taken away from you, pronto.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: TzarChasm
. . . wait until you are old enough to at least drive, . . .

Way too late.

Hormone blockers need to be taken before any physical changes that happen during puberty.

I truly hope this is a joke, or some kind of sarcasm!

If not, then this statement is the pinnacle, the signature statement, of where society has gone completely off the rails in the modern era! In fact, I would argue this behavior is not only criminal, but any who even promote such ideas should be prosecuted for child abuse to the fullest extent of the law! Absolutely unbelievable! Unconscionable in the extreme.

(speechless, beyond the above)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Were they even thinking about being dicks before they were told not to be dicks? Probably not. Morals and ethics should be taught at home, not at school.

Yes, yes they were! Because morals and ethics are taught at home by people who teach their kids to hate certain types of people... the school combats that. We did it after segregation and people said the same thing (why do my kids have to learn about black people being equal when I should teach them what I think at home).

Transwomen, in particular are assaulted and murdered at a higher rate than any other demographic. Much of that violence starts in school. So no... when it comes to social ethics, I don't put my sole confidence in parents.

Why not teach kids not to bully and not to murder. That is surely something everyone can agree on. When you openly admit that the goal is to indoctrinate children because parents can't be trusted.... um, what?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Of course, just stating a stat doesn't give us all the particulars behind it too.

If that 2:1 is correct, it doesn't tell us if that is because there really is a large segment of the population that suddenly wakes up with a bad on for hunting transpeople or rather if it's because transpeople as a population tend to engage in riskier behaviors that lead to them being exposed more to possible assault, rape, and murder.

And before you say that couldn't possibly be true, consider the statistics on young black men. They get murdered at sickening high rates, and it's not because whites are out hunting them or even white cops. It's because they prey on each other more than anything. They flat out engage in riskier behaviors that lead them to have a much higher risk for being murdered than other demographics.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

originally posted by: Abysha

Why not teach kids not to bully and not to murder. That is surely something everyone can agree on. When you openly admit that the goal is to indoctrinate children because parents can't be trusted.... um, what?

One would think teaching your children to respect life would do it.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Hormone blockers are completely reversible. They have been used for years in kids with early on-set puberty. They can delay puberty until the patient is of legal age to make the decision to take hormones, which ARE more permanent.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

And you don't think the delaying of puberty until the age of legal consent is bad thing???

You don't think this will have destructive psychological effects??? Destructive psychological effects which will predetermine the decision???

C'mon, seriously?

If you alter the present, you change the future. There is no valid scientific way to determine what, exactly, the present would be like if the past hadn't been altered. The same can be said for people.

ETA...If your answer is "no' to any of the above questions...then you must also readily agree with genetic engineering in humans, right? Because there is no difference between the two arguments. You are altering what nature would do on its own (in the future), to fit some social mindset (in the present).

edit on 7/9/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I think a young person with gender dysphoria will suffer much more destructive psychological effects from the permanent physical features that puberty will ensure. Talk with someone who had gender dysphoria as a child, and they will tell you that they were terrified of the permanent effects of puberty. Terrified to the point of wanting to end their life rather than go through puberty. You would rather someone end their life than delay puberty for a while? Wow, that's cold.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join