It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue light and genome editing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I love this, seriously I love this

www.nature.com...

Editing the genome with light - Hell imagine if you were intelligent light and you had to edit humanity - what colour would you use - blue?

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Sat Jul 8 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DpatC

that s*** is crazy.... thanks for sharing. I have heard of CRISPR before but wasn't aware of an application using light to edit the genome. Absolutely mind-boggling!

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

If the holographic principle holds water then that light may contain an underlying code that shapes the reality we experience, intelligent or otherwise.

Imagine the possibilities should we ever attain the ability to alter or edit said underlying code?

Never mind editing the genome, when we could very well edit reality.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DpatC
I love this, seriously I love this

www.nature.com...

Editing the genome with light - Hell imagine if you were intelligent light and you had to edit humanity - what colour would you use - blue?

Your link is telling me that if i wish to read the article....
I must pay to $250 for a membership, or pay $32 to download the PDF.
Do you have an actual complete article?😊

I'll dig up one of my old nursing books..
Though you're suggesting genetic manipulation. I Can't help but think of THYMINE DIMERS from way back in the day.

pdb101.rcsb.org...

Thymine Dimers snip off the bad strands to allow for repair. (If it can be allowed).
Color me ultraviolet. 🤗

edit on 8-7-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The possibilities - you don't need to tell me about it - We already have that ability but folk think your mad when you tell them the light is sentient concious and alive.People of Light / Angels exist and my family (Light) are very very real

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Found a link to the PDF

Since I couldn't understand anything with the minimal information the OP and the OP's link provided... Here is the full document.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Hey man... Try putting a little more effort in your posts. This isn't a chat room. It's a forum with substance, at least the rules say it's supposed to be.

Based off of what you said and the link you provided, I had no clue what this post was about other than "blue light edits genome" and that doesn't offer any meat to this bone. I went to the site and I couldn't understand what I was reading and it wanted to charge me to read the document. I had to go to google and search the exact same title and found the PDF 3 links down.

Cmon man... Road Rules!

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I did not say it was sentient or conscious, at least not in the same manner that we seem to think we are.

Just that said light and space-time that makes up the universe may contain some form of organising code or principle.

Angels or demons amount to the same thing really and just like aliens will probobly emanate from some higher dimension or even the quantum realm should they be unequivocally be proven to exist.

Good and Evil through, those are very Human constructs.
edit on 8-7-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
a reply to: Bigburgh

Found a link to the PDF

Since I couldn't understand anything with the minimal information the OP and the OP's link provided... Here is the full document.

Thank you kindly

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

A true Pandora's Box.

One that should never be opened.

Heard about CRISPR before "Orphan Black". I thought how forward thinking of them to use CRISPR in their plot. Now I am thinking that maybe they know something that the rest of us don't know.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Whatever leads you to believe that, this article certainly doesn't support that premise. It is just using photochemistry to connect two things together, which when combined allow for genome editing. That's it.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: hypervalentiodine

"Whatever leads you to believe that"

That would be leading edge mathematics and measurement of the individual Planck constant/unit pretty soon.

Photochemistry is chemistry at it's essence so no mystery there.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Light is just quantised packets of energy. There's no sentience, or underlying code.

And yes, photochemistry is just chemistry. That was my point.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Think some physicists postulate that there may be a form of underlying error correcting code embedded within the equations of supersymmetry that describe the fundamental particles if memory serves.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Nope there is much more to light than a understanding gained from a double split experiment.
You are light- a baby angel just starting out on it's journey.
Your scared your confused very unsure as to what this is all about and your place in it all.
But don't fear it will make sense one day ..don't think to much or try to understand something that you never will.Let your "Light" enjoy the human experience that our father "The Creator"has given you.
Light is sentient as for underlying code don't get me started on that!
edit on 9-7-2017 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-7-2017 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Do you have sources for that?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Sorry, but lol. No.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Guys name is Dr. James Gates.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I don't really see how this relates to the article in the OP.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

It does not relate to the article, it relates to supersymmetry(basic classes of elementary particles).
edit on 10-7-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join