It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confused about the plausibility of Conspiracies & in particular David Icke's work.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
So I am been recently pondering the plausibility of conspiracies. The recently found questioning has come about from a video that discussed an individual by the name of David Icke. The video made me feel compelled to checkout some of his videos, and found many things very interesting, however some things that I just can't get myself to believe, such as reptilians and such. I want to know the communities view of the plausibility of conspiracy's, and also of David Icke's work itself.

If you want to see the video that spawned my thoughts, here it is:

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Ickes good for a few laughs . Guy gives the old B movies a run for the money .
And for more comedy theres also the likes of corey good .

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   
i like him. has plenty of common sense.
i wish more people like him were in politics.

i really like the anti icke crowd to present proof that he is a liar or disinfo agent.

exclude esoteric themes like shapeshifting and demonic beings that feed on negative energy etc. - that we can not verify because we ain't got the tech to analyze it.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I think he is a dis-info agent. He included the garbage about shape-shifting reptilians to discredit the very real conspiracy of elitists trying to take control of a world government. Most of what he says is true, added with ridiculousness, to discredit the truth.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
he did an AMA thread here on ATS, quite recently www.abovetopsecret.com...

but i am with you... a lot of what he says feels true, but other stuff just feels like poo.

i feel to find the truth we are going to have to do some serious meditating (to find ourself)

but thats just where i am at just now, i have noticed that a lot of these elitist are into Occultism....

and its not because its a fad, imo.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   
If David Icke told me that the sun was shining I would go outside and check. My opinion is that he is seriously deluded (although apparently sane) and not worth taking seriously for one moment.

That said, I do feel grudgingly well-disposed towards him on one aspect of his career. He can fill venues to capacity, everywhere he goes, and captivate his audiences for hours and hours, and yet he has never turned into some cult leader or megalomaniac. He just encourages people to think positively and to act accordingly, and then lets them get on with it.

And his theories are so off-the-wall that they don't really contaminate what we might call the 'conspiracy mainstream'. He's one of a kind, and in a funny sort of way, a bit of a national treasure.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: BStoltman

if he was alive back in the 1800's he would have made a great snake oil salesman.
it's a sad fact that many people eat the sh@@ he peddles up.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   
My feeling is icke probably started out as a serious researcher into the ufo conspiracy paranormal field but with the market saturated with the same song and dance for years from almost every researcher out there he realized the same tropes from the field would not work just a voice in the crowd. So to not be drowned out he realized his claims would have to be so out there and so outlandish to be heard and it worked as we are discussing him right now. Then he realized there was money to be had if he could stand out. I'm all for exploring different avenues but with absolutely zero evidence to support any of his claims the word sellout comes to mind.

edit on 8-7-2017 by Partipris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: anticitizen

i really like the anti icke crowd to present proof that he is a liar or disinfo agent.

The proof lies within his own books and videos. He is using widely known techiques of misinformation. I don't have the desire to explain each of them separately, because this will cost a days work that no one is going to pay me out. But yes, I've read his books and listened to his videos, Icke is shill to his pinkies. What he does is taking a genuine idea and make circus/fars out of it, implementing sort of drama, like a regular New-Age "profit artist".

Sadly many people just go and buy his crap, because they have extra money from the fact the their country is exploiting half of the world. I as an European would never buy his stuff, especially having the opportunity to pirate all materials for my side-researches like this, in a blink of an eye. I prefer spending my extra money on good music instead, and supporting the really talented artists who sweat their asses out on daily basis, so we have some real food for our spirit, not the horse-dung cake that Icke offers. It you like clown shows you'd better go and watch Opra instead.
edit on 8-7-2017 by Argentbenign because: spelling

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Argentbenign

I totally agree

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: audubon

I will give you that audubon he doesn't act with righteous authoritaryizm unlike a certain Steven Greer who thinks he is the end all be all of the ufo field. But I digress this isn't about Greer and do not want to cause thread drift.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I was really into him for a short time but i noticed that he would tell you all this bad stuff and then offer a "don't worry the cavalry is here" type of conclusion and it feels like he's waking you up just to put you back to sleep again. Like the nurse in hospital who wakes you up to give you a sedative.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
well, his far fetched stories are hard to discuss since we don't know everything about what we perceive as reality.
but he opens the eyes of the average joes and encourages thinking outside the MSM box when it comes to certain topics like war on terror, russia, rfid chips, secret societies etc.

is he telling absolute truth?
i don't know.
but then again who is? cnn, bbc? any suggestions?
edit on 8-7-2017 by anticitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: anticitizen

i will tell you the truth.

and there is only one thing i am sure of and it is that every single perceived thing has an effect on those that perceive it, so people need to start checking themselves, before they wreck themselves, cause bad thoughts are bad for your health.

so dont let them build up!

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Argentbenign

good music instead, and supporting the really talented artists who sweat their asses out on daily basis

How long is a gig nowadays?... 45mins - 90mins?? wow hard work hey... to how many people on average? 1 (you) -100??..

real food for our spirit

Singin' about what mate?... love, cars, money, women, cops, teenage puerile endeavors? Do you buy their t-shirts or other merch?
I dont care either way with Icke, take or leave. But.
I would have thought, as being EUROPEAN, that you might have a wider appreciation of the performance of an art.
If you think of his performances as such, and compare it to say a spoken word concert ( i.e. Henry Rollins @ 90 mins), or maybe a stand up comedian (15mins-60mins on stage), headline band (60-90 mins).
But here is a (basically) one man show, performing for around 10 hours (12 hours total time 2 breaks 1 lunch), pretty much 5/6 days a week when touring, to around 2000 (minimum) people each show. And manages to keep the majority of the people to the end of the show. All whilst leaving them with a message and a warm fuzzy feeling.
But I guess to your European sensibilities that wouldn't count as ' sweating his ass out on daily basis' ?
It also seems rather wankish of you to slag the guy off and then boast that you side-researched (as you said, read and watched, if not comprehended) his materiel that you pirated. How noble of you. Would that be fair of me pirate the music and musicians you support?
He may well be just as you say... a new-age profit artist.... but an artist nevertheless. I fail to see how you can differentiate between him and your 'good music and really talented artists'(whatever that may be)
Then you have the audacity to slag off clown shows AND OpraH too....
I don't have the desire to explain why for each of them separately, because this will cost a days work that you wont appreciate.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
When he began many decades ago, everybody was laughing at him. But he remained steady and as time passes, lots of what he said then was proved to be true.

Not the shape-changing thing, of course. But even that idea didn't not originate with him. History is filled with cultures talking about shape-changers, he only reminded us all of it.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
David Ickes sounds like he's lost touch with reality....it's up to an intelligent mind to figure out what to believe in.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
I think he is a dis-info agent. He included the garbage about shape-shifting reptilians to discredit the very real conspiracy of elitists trying to take control of a world government. Most of what he says is true, added with ridiculousness, to discredit the truth.

I totally agree with you about Icke being a disinfo agent. The actual grand conspiracy, of which he is an aspect of, is far larger. He attempts to make us aware of a limited conspiracy with some decent insight into actual activities being done by our governments in response to the "alien threat. Harping on reptilians is but the icing on his cake,his mental anchors that you can debate with yourself and others as to their reality (far shy of the real question). His role is to incite an interest in a specific population open to his worst nightmares for us. When the ETIs turn out to be something less than he presented, they will sign with relief. His job is as an active component in the "worst-case senerio" of the ever-unfolding UFO myth as presented in one form or another to all aspects of the public.

The real horror that cannot be faced today is not dealing with ugly aliens that want our resources, to eat us or to enslave us. The real situation we face by the arrival of the UFO--that are NOT going away, is that all of humanity must "shape shift" its identity from being exactly as we are (and ignorantly accept today) into being qualified citizens of the cosmos suitable to others and especially to those that might have a vested interest in our very existence.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: anticitizen
well, his far fetched stories are hard to discuss since we don't know everything about what we perceive as reality.
but he opens the eyes of the average joes and encourages thinking outside the MSM box when it comes to certain topics like war on terror, russia, rfid chips, secret societies etc.

is he telling absolute truth?
i don't know.
but then again who is? cnn, bbc? any suggestions?

Great post.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: NowanKenubi

Great post!

Afters years more research he now says that the Elites don't shape shift, they only keep the bloodlines active so they (Reptilians) can channel through their bodies.

Truth, lies, misinformation, disinformation? I have no idea but like you said, pretty much everything else he has talked about over the years has become reality.

I will reserve judgement on the Archons.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join