It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stan Lee's wife passes away.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
www.hollywoodreporter.com...

Mrs Joan Lee had a stroke earlier this week. Passed away at 95.
69 years of marriage.

I'm going to give a quote from Stan Lee as to how they met. It was in the stars I say...

"So I went up to this place. Betty didn't answer the door. But Joan answered, and she was the head model. I took one look at her — and she was the girl I had been drawing all my life. And then I heard the English accent. And I'm a nut for English accents! She said, 'May I help you?' And I took a look at her, and I think I said something crazy like, 'I love you.' I don't remember exactly. But anyway, I took her to lunch. I never met Betty, the other girl. I think I proposed to [Joan] at lunch."

In those days, the quickest way to get divorced was to move to Nevada and stay for six weeks to establish residency. Soon after Joan arrived in Reno, Stan received a letter from her addressed to "Jack," and that worried him.

"Now I'm not the smartest guy in world," recalled Lee. "I know my name isn't 'Jack.' And so why did she write 'Dear Jack'? Maybe I better go to Reno and see what's going on. I got there and she was waiting for me. And there's three guys with her. They all look like John Wayne. Big Western guys! Rugged! And I get off the plane fresh from New York with my little porkpie hat and a little scarf and my gloves. And she's with me. I thought, 'I don't have a chance.' Luckily, I had a chance."

Condolences to Stan Lee. Mind your heart, you'll meet again.

Edit: haha read the article. Joan was already married. She went to Reno nevada to get residency so she could get a divorce. She was granted a divorce, and the married Stan Lee.

Hope these are correct. Young Stan and Joan.

edit on 7-7-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Very sad indeed. Stay strong Mr. Lee.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

That's very sad.

I've met Stan Lee a couple of times, but I'd never met his wife.
She appears to have been a pretty lady.
Having lost my wife, I know he's hurting very much...and will for many years.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

She was a model with a British accent.
I'm honestly worried about BROKEN HEART SYNDROME.

Omg.. I'm so sorry about your wife. Glad you are here.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Corrected post..
HULK Sad.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

My first thought too.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

RIP.

He should create a new hero in her honor and immortalize her forever, unless he already has that I'm unaware of.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Not only did she move to Reno, Nevada for 6 weeks (to meet residency requirements) but she was granted her divorce then was married to Stan only an hour later by the same judge!!

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Well there are the "Immortals"
But he's 94. I would be very crushed.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleBurgh

Not only did she move to Reno, Nevada for 6 weeks (to meet residency requirements) but she was granted her divorce then was married to Stan only an hour later by the same judge!!

Sorry😦
You were sitting here telling me about stan lee... didn't realize you were going to mention the Reno marriage. You know what... I'll tell you sorry since you're 3 feet away.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

My wife died much younger (Breast Cancer)...I was in situational depression for over 7 years.
On the plus side, while I thought about suicide, my young sons needed me more than ever...so I threw myself into my work and family and it became a very creative and productive time of my life.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

My wife died much younger (Breast Cancer)...I was in situational depression for over 7 years.
On the plus side, while I thought about suicide, my young sons needed me more than ever...so I threw myself into my work and family and it became a very creative and productive time of my life.

I added to my post above..
My sincerest condolences and very happy you chose life.
And glad you are here too.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

So sorry for your loss. You're strength to get through it is admirable.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I added to my post above..
My sincerest condolences and very happy you chose life.
And glad you are here too.

Thanks.
Stan Lee is a creative genius with seemingly boundless energy.
He may do some more amazing work...even at this point in his life.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

My hat is off to you sir.

Condolences to Mr. Lee, my wife is everything to me, I cannot imagine not having her with me...my daughter would be the only reason I wouldnt consider alternatives to breathing.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

69 years of marriage.

We should all be so lucky. Me and mine are at 33.

My heart is broken for the guy. I have always hoped I would go first. I don't think I could cope with the loss.

RIP Mrs. Lee.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

33 years, wow.
My aunt a few years back died after surgery( clinically dead ) for 10 mins. Cardiac and of course respiratory arrest. My uncle was completely beside himself. They have been happily joined at the hips for over 55 years. Somehow she pulled through and made a full recovery after 2 month.

They're closer than ever now. But I know in my heart.. when one really goes, so will the other.

top topics

join