It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telepathy possible in 8 years - Put on your thinking cap!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Such toys won't be ready for this world for a long time, since who knows what could go wrong. What would happen if angry shadow decided to rear it ugly head tot the surface, an subconsciously something was approved?

I think such technology would be a precursor of sorts, leading to all sort of psycho or cybernetic wonders or horrors. The only application I can see this having any relevance to reality is security...the personal kind.

An thought control already happened before, it called Religion and a Sun that for some reason demands virgin an goat sacrifices so it can rain?
edit on 8-7-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Reply as long as we develop a "Point of View Gun" to go with that hat i imagine interesting times ahead for future generations.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
If it can help trigger and learn our natural telepathic powers then that's good. However I think it's another invention from our prison masters to keep us dumb and make us more dumb.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Oh transhumanism... a gadget to do telepathy a little protable MRI. Advertizing directly into the brain , cool future ?!

Telepathy is something else than transmitting thought processes in the brain. Whole body and mind is involved with that process.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: bluesjr
Perhaps not de-evolving but instead being suppressed intentionally. Fluoride in the water vs. the pineal gland is a very interesting topic and possibly only one of many things being done to us.

If that were the case, then the people who live in countries where they don't fluoridate the water should be psychic geniuses!

Or maybe just more intuitive, it doesn't have to be that extreme. Would be an interesting study.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
This is amazing. I totally believe it is possible and a little frightening.

How many here have experienced an MRI of their brain? I have, several times. I could not even get through it the first few times, and finally did it while medicated and open air.

When I was inside, it felt like total panic - and I don't think it was being confined that did it. I felt cut off from the world in a different way. I think we all have a sense we ignore - that we can feel our surroundings in a way beyond our 5 senses. When inside an MRI, your brain feels different. At least for me it did. It felt like the world around me was gone. It gets into your head in a way beyond something like an xray. Maybe it's the magnetism messing with your brain. But it definitely has an effect.

If they could harness and control that effect on the brain, they could probably manipulate how it functions.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

You should start a thread about your experience in the MRI - I would really like to see that and answer to it as I've had a similar experience.

That being said - as exciting as the idea sounds? I believe there's far too many negatives.

Also - if we rely on a 'machine' to read each other thoughts - what are we going to loose?

Like people who know what the other person is going to say before it's said.

Singing a song and it's the next one on the radio.

Knowing not to take that left when going to work in the morning - instead taking a right and later you find out about a horrible accident.

All those things we've never really developed - now to have a machine step in and do it?

Nope - the more I'm thinking about all this the more I'm thinking it's a big big

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I have often thought of telepathy. I am a paranoid schizophrenic and used to hear 24/7 voices for years. I would answer them when alone and was communicating with my subconcious. After years of repetion like excersizing, i became very skilled at conversation. Just yesterday had a cigarette at a mall, asked if i could sit down next to a gentlemen. Said trying to quit cigarettes, casually some pause in between conversation. Then said you work at the mall, do kids usually try grubbing cigarettes off you? I usually try to give a dollar. Just casually relaxed brain coming up with conversation. Then said i should probably look for my dad, he said good luck to me about quitting. And there are all sorts of areas you can learn in. My symptoms i assumed were my neighbors playing x men and a conspiracy. They dont teach social skills in school, some people dont know how. And me personally i had a stroke in pre teen years. There are all sorts of ways of bettering yourself. Maybe with technology, do you ever think what the world will look like in 20 years? If you have "illness" like me, you do anything you can think of to not hear them. Personalities with their monologues?

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This is not MRI like. The web page of OpenWater leave me the impression of a bad New Ages marketing ploy on steroid. Very little technical details. Seem they use NIR. I have extensively studied the use of NIR for use in mammography, and even with sophisticated techniques, the result is not impressive. Probably another scam to reap money using GoFundMe like method...

If this is true, my guess is they construct a 3D map of scatter for oxy/deoxy hemoglobin but I wonder what method they use to solve cranium bone problem.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
As probably the only person here who studies the brain, this is an absurd, absolutely hyped-up claim.

Being able to consistently move a prosthetic finger or an arrow on a screen is a profoundly more simple procedure than thinking in words and other signs.

Is it possible? The work of neuroscientist Walter Freeman would suggest, unfortunately, that it isn't: every perceptual state is physically transformed such that a smell of lavender at point A, following a smell of citrus at point B (in time), will change the neurological EEG signature of lavender at point C. That is, lavender is different at point C from point A because it has been modified by the input of citrus at point B.

Again, there is a massive different between a coordinate system of directions in which a mouse be directed, and pressed, and the kinds of abstract ideas/concepts/representations that happen in human brains.

Said differently: there appears to be more consistency in more generalized tasks (i.e. direction for movement, pressing a button) which can be arbitrarily correlated with a particular EEG wavelength that operates within a particular band-of-frequencies, than the sort of intense subtlety of transformation that occurs within our consciousness.

Of course, I won't say it can never happen, only that no one has yet been able to capture anything but the most general things i.e. like "on' or off, or this way or that way. Existing measuring technologies are no where near sensitive enough to discriminate the sorts of encodings that underlie perceptual and cognitive states in human minds.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
That maybe, but did you ever think of the tech they dont tell people about. When i was barely 13 i had three hemmorrages in my brain. I think a brain pacemaker was inserted, like heart pacemakers for heart attack. I read that 30,000 are already in people in the newspaper in 2010.

I was an artist and trying to open my minds eye when around 23. I read about substances and the ones i used where supposed to be safe. Six months later i had 24/7 full blown sxhizophrenia. None in my family are schizophrenic.

Daily routine my symptoms make me believe there is a conspiracy against me. Next episode of friends who are really your enemies with secret identies. I know what your will say pics or it didnt happen. Last year went into remission two and a half months which never happened. Then seemed like artficial or some sort of intelligence was communicating with me. Best example i was told the square root of numbers (responding out loud) how do you know that ? We work at nasa. I know basic multiplication memorized 9 times 9 81 but nowhere in my subconcious do i know two square roots above 50. Some pretty freaky things happened and I don't have pics. Just maybe they are closer to learning all the secrets of the brain then they say. In 2008 there was a thread about brain implementation and talked about gigahertz levels.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I know nobody will believe me, or you could chalk it up to someone with an illness lying.

I just joined and have been talking about video games. One I just beat, Remember Me, got for 8.99 used. In the game its a future where people share their memories, people by pleasure memories like addicts and memory is big business. You are a girl who is part of the rebels rebelling against the system. Edge is her contact she hears from the beginning. You find out her mother and father are the owners of the memory business. Edge who says he is like a brother is actually H30 all of her life is on computer stored in hard drives an Edge is artificial intelligence, the computer inside her. She was in an accident when she was younger. She has the ability to remix memories by hacking into the plugs in the back of people's necks.

I am saying this because you can get lost in fantasy. I am not confessing I was lying, I wasn't but those are secrets I should keep to myself. Maybe I shouldn't talk so nonchalant ly on a forum. Take a few days off.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staggeres
I know nobody will believe me, or you could chalk it up to someone with an illness lying.

I just joined and have been talking about video games. One I just beat, Remember Me, got for 8.99 used. In the game its a future where people share their memories, people by pleasure memories like addicts and memory is big business. You are a girl who is part of the rebels rebelling against the system. Edge is her contact she hears from the beginning. You find out her mother and father are the owners of the memory business. Edge who says he is like a brother is actually H30 all of her life is on computer stored in hard drives an Edge is artificial intelligence, the computer inside her. She was in an accident when she was younger. She has the ability to remix memories by hacking into the plugs in the back of people's necks.

I am saying this because you can get lost in fantasy. I am not confessing I was lying, I wasn't but those are secrets I should keep to myself. Maybe I shouldn't talk so nonchalant ly on a forum. Take a few days off.

That's incredible fascinating! Thank you for your post - and no - don't take a few days off - I'd love to hear more.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I don't mean to monopolize this thread and take away from the idea of mri. Just been working my own conspiracy about telepathy. What if your thoughts made a sound somewhere and a "radio" could decipher or listen in. I know what you're probably thinking lots of people have illness. I am just saying what if. If they could get a mic in a brain pacemaker and hack the brain. Sorry for going off on a tangen OP.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Not telepathic, its a guessing machine. An approximator, attempting to calculate and reconstruct unique thoughts in its limited, standardized scope. Reverse the polarity on that sucker and you have Satan. Not only a bad artificial approximation of divine conciousness, but the exact inverted reconstructed output to that conscious input.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Just with all the movies of futures and the interest. Like Minority Report or others. One day they will have the technology. Hundreds of games out and I play one that might have a twist. I made it 18 or 19 days after my symptoms returned scared the hell outta me. Then wound up almost arrested. I had dreams I was an astronaut, I know it could all be part of a delusion. Sorry OP or original poster,.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join