It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim activist suggests resisting Trump is a 'form of jihad'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Well, there you have it, a prominent advocate for the American Muslim Community is calling for Jihad against the President of the United States.

Oh, I know there is a spectrum of meanings associated with the word "Jihad", and that she claims she only the meant the non-violent kind of Jihad...while in the next breath calling one of the unindicted co-conspirators in the 1993 World Trade Center Bombing as her "mentor, motivator, and encourager".

Controversial Muslim activist Linda Sarsour gave a fiery speech last weekend where she said fellow Muslim-Americans do not have to “assimilate” and blasted Trump administration policies, even suggesting that resisting those policies could count as a “form of jihad.” Sarsour’s remarks came at the annual Islamic Society of North America convention in Illinois. Sarsour, who was a lead organizer in the Women’s March after President Trump's inauguration, slammed the new administration, specifically referring to the president’s executive order to temporarily ban travel from six predominantly Muslim countries.

“I hope that we, when we stand up to those who oppress our communities, that Allah accepts from us that as a form of jihad,” Sarsour said. “That we are struggling against tyrants and rulers not only abroad in the Middle East or the other side of the world, but here in these United States of America where you have fascists, white supremacists, and Islamaphobes reigning in the White House.”

First Amendment protections allow people to make just about any statement that they wish to...unless it arises to the level of hate speech, or if it constitutes a direct threat to - or incitement to harm - the President.

At the very least this woman needs to be thoroughly investigated by the Secret Service.

Sarsour had been praised by the Obama administration for her advocacy work and had campaigned for Bernie Sanders. But she's also faced criticism from women's rights advocates for her defense of sharia law and other positions.

Given that she is seen as a prominent voice in the Muslim Community, I think that there is no doubt that there are segments of that community who will see her words as a call to more violent forms of Jihad against President Trump and members of his Administration.

This is simply not acceptable, and should not be tolerated.

Declaring Jihad Against President Trump

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Oh she meant "Jihad lite" with a smile on her face, non violent of course...Wink wink.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Oh she meant "Jihad lite" with a smile on her face, non violent of course...Wink wink.

Exactly...and Madonna meant no harm by saying that she "thinks, a lot, about blowing up the White House"...and Kathy Griffin did not intend to convey the specific image of the President's head after it has been severed from his body.

These are all benign sentiments that reasonable people should see as merely tongue-in-cheek, no offence intended, figures of expression.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
great.... I suppose that means that from now on anyone who speaks out against trump will be called an islamic terrorist?? I'll make it clear to everyone right now...
If I am speaking out against him it will be because I don't like the policies he wants, or maybe it's the fact that his lawyers seem to want us to believe that he shouldn't be constrained by the constitution. or maybe it's because I see some of his actions as going against the idea of a free press. or, heck, ya know what... it might be just because I see too much arrogance and venom in his supporters!!
it has nothing to do with any islamic jihad!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

madonna seems to not be the only one thinking about blowing up the white house.
it seems that there's been plenty of movies put out in the past decade where it's been blown up, blown away by storms, or in some other fashion destroyed...
designated survivor didn't blow up the white house, but the capital building was, along with most of the gov't in the first episode... great show!!!

link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Not everyone, just using the word jihad has a meaning. And this is going to draw negative attention to the Muslim community.

I'm sure that a huge majority of that religion wishes she would shut up.

link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
great.... I suppose that means that from now on anyone who speaks out against trump will be called an islamic terrorist?? I'll make it clear to everyone right now...
If I am speaking out against him it will be because I don't like the policies he wants, or maybe it's the fact that his lawyers seem to want us to believe that he shouldn't be constrained by the constitution. or maybe it's because I see some of his actions as going against the idea of a free press. or, heck, ya know what... it might be just because I see too much arrogance and venom in his supporters!!
it has nothing to do with any islamic jihad!!!

Nah, I think you are good to go as long as you aren't shouting "allahu akbar" while waving a weapon of some kind about and trying to physically harm people.

It is a basic principle of a free society that we should be able to openly express our opposition to political figures. The line is drawn at acts of violence, or incitement to same.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I'm no longer surprised, shocked or even amused by the actions/statements from the leftists.

This kind of thing happens almost daily.

I'm glad people still chronicle these things. It's important.

But it's the new normal now.

*shrugs*

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm just patiently waiting on karma to b-slap these radicals into the hell they promote.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Well, she was once a militant. I thought they finally deported her because of her past a couple of months ago. I suppose it will take twenty years to deport her.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

She was also involved in a bombing in the 70s I believe and served time as quite a few died.

She also has stated she wants to cut out womens vaginas that disagree with her movement.

Shes a real peach...guess thats why Obama applauds her?

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I'm glad people still chronicle these things. It's important.

yes, we should all keep diaries and clip newspaper articles in hopes that they will survive the many calamities that will occur in our near future as a result of the US collapsing under it's own idiocy. Hope that they will br found by our children's children hundreds of years from now when they are treated by the world as worse than the islamic terrorists are today and are wondering just what the heck happened and why the world hates them so!! and why Russia of all countries has to give us lectures on the meaning of human rights and freedom.

of course, for some reason I think the biggest problem they will be having is the fact that the truth has been purposely hidden behind the lies presented to the people for political agendas...
but, it might help some!!

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
if she wants war.. she will get one

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

So you're justifying her words.

*shrugs again*

Not surprised.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

how you ever got out of that prophetic rambling that I was justifying anything whatsoever, I haven't a clue...
I was kind of expecting a what the heck are you talking about or no response whatsoever.
but, by all means, record the events that transpire... they might help our children's children rebuild the history of our nation.... and ummm... save a copy of the constitution and declaration of independence also!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The most surprising part of this is a Muslim is offended by something...

Normally Islamists are the most open-minded, egalitarian, feminist, pro-homosexual, kind, non-radical, liberal people in the world...

Hearing a Muslim invoke a word which translates to "holy war" is a real shocker...
What are you going to tell me next, water is wet?

praise be to allah, mohammad and Aisha

-Chris

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

So you think our nation is doomed because of Trump and only a jihad can save it.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
One day someone is going to DOX these people and the crazies will deport them for you.....

maybe not such a bad idea.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Strange. I figured you'd be here defending her right to say whatever she wants, absolute free speech and all that.

Oh well.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Strange. I figured you'd be here defending her right to say whatever she wants, absolute free speech and all that.

Oh well.

Where is anyone denying her right to free expression?

I wish more leftists would just be as open and honest as this bitch.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join