It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melania Trump 'trapped in hotel' as protesters surround building at G20

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
This is all the report has at this point:

Melania Trump is reportedly trapped inside her hotel in Hamburg due to anti-capitalist protesters surrounding the building. The First Lady was due to be involved in an event for the spouses of leaders taking part in the G20 summit, organised by Angela Merkel’s husband. But a spokesperson for the US delegation told German media that they had been unable to get clearance for Ms Trump to leave the hotel where she is staying.

msn.com
I suppose there isn't too much to worry about, but it has made the news.
It is something to keep an eye on.
It is covered by other sources, so it appears to be a real thing:
Newsweek
NY Post
edit on b000000312017-07-07T09:56:11-05:0009America/ChicagoFri, 07 Jul 2017 09:56:11 -0500900000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

"Get to da choppa!"

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Unable to get clearance for Mrs. Trump to leave. All the other wives of world leaders were able to leave and Mr. Trump was able to leave but not Melania?

This looks more like a snub to me. One of these wives is not like the others.

We have no security clearance from the police to leave the guesthouse,” Trump’s spokeswoman for the German press agency told Focus, a German news agency. The spouses normally get together while leaders are in meetings during international summits. Friday's program included a boat ride, lunch and a tour of a climate control center.

www.foxnews.com...

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

organised by Angela Merkel’s husband.

That was a surprise. Poor guy. She has a husband!?

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Well hopefully she'll be safe, and hopefully the protests are peaceful. I love a good protest.

Seems like it's just an inconvenience to her schedule because of security at this point.

-Alee

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

The grass widower in charge, that's you chance Angela! Just don't forget the grass.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Not peaceful: Burning Cars and Water Cannons

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Maybe Angela Merkel trapped her there so she could get a little time with the Donald all to herself?
Seems like a arch-villainess move.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
Well hopefully she'll be safe, and hopefully the protests are peaceful. I love a good protest.

Seems like it's just an inconvenience to her schedule because of security at this point.

-Alee

peaceful?? are you kidding? they've already burnt a bunch of porches. what a waste!!!

indiatoday.intoday.in...

and, I think it was over 100 police have been injured.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

They are all staying in the same guesthouse as she is?

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

Unable to get clearance for Mrs. Trump to leave. All the other wives of world leaders were able to leave and Mr. Trump was able to leave but not Melania?

This looks more like a snub to me. One of these wives is not like the others.

The spouses normally get together while leaders are in meetings during international summits. Friday's program included a boat ride, lunch and a tour of a climate control center.

www.foxnews.com...

I'll bet she's bummed out that she won't be touring the climate control center.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

originally posted by: NerdGoddess

-Alee

peaceful?? are you kidding? they've already burnt a bunch of porches. what a waste!!!

indiatoday.intoday.in...

and, I think it was over 100 police have been injured.

RIP.....................GG.

So much for that hope huh?

Best wishes for all involved and their health and safety.

I've gone back and forth over the years on whether or not I support protests that degrade to violence etc.... I'm in that phase where I don't much care for it now and maybe that's just because this country and media has me on drama overload lately. I need a break from all the crazy.

-Alee

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I say we reduce the security personnel we offer to foreign delegates here in the US.

When they get into emergency situations they can call 911 and wait for the police like everyone else.

Why the hell would her security choose a building with only one way out?

Why dont the local authorities DO THEIR JOB?

edit on 7 7 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

lol... I'm still in morning over the 12 poor little porches!!
poor things probably never got to see much more than the view from the car lot... SAD!!!
I would have been more than happy to adopt one of them!!

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

why isn't she staying with the president?? It sound's like she is off by herself somewhere, requiring her own security detail.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Police morons escalated the whole thing, check this thread in case of doubt.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
She's gotta be ready to explode being thrown into this doodoo storm! She seems like such a great, classy, smart woman, and now she's on the world stage with the great mighty spoon in the cauldron of Doodoo.
Don't get me wrong, I like shaking things up and that's why he got my vote. Melania does not seem to be a fan of this stage at all. She would (or hopefully will) do great things if she can summon the courage, but I can't imagine facing some of those people that despise you based off of your spouse when you are trying to help them.
She truely has a chance to do great things, but facing some of those idiots has got to be a sickening feeling.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

That was a surprise. Poor guy. She has a husband!?

I thought she would've been the husband? Same-sex marriage?

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Maybe scheduling concerns. They wouldnt need to be together to fulfill their engagements.

It may work against their clock to have to depart and arrive together.

Think about this though. Now she cant get out of the building. What if someone set it on fire or blew it up?

Thats why they need an emergency backup exit. The second they find themselves cornered with a high profile target like that I would think you call in the tanks and pave a way out.

Helicopter pick up?

I wouldnt wait for protesters to disperse. What if they make your exit more difficult as time passes? Nope.

edit on 7 7 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
So much for trump making the world respect American again

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join