It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.8 and lower aftershock quake just hit in Montana

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   
My bigger question though is that we are in the middle of a Yellowstone swarm, and just wondering if this could affect the park, and cause something bad to happen. Seriously hope not. I'm glued to spectro, and yeah, don't worry, I'll get my normal perimeter setups back up ASAP. Jesus Christ that scared the crap out of me.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Jesus Christ that scared the crap out of me.

why?
edit on 6-7-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   

All of a sudden things are really pop'n off lately.
SnF TA

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I have two cats glued to my side.

They were not amused at all.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Ok, perimeter set back up. Phew. I can clearly see them coming in now from a station in Bozeman. Another aftershock incoming now as we speak. Looks like 3.9+

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Meee Toooo!!!!!! When I felt it, I thought of ATS, but then I thought of Yellowstone. I hope we have until at least 2021!

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   

I didn't feel the aftershock from the bigger one In Yellowstone here. But the 5.8 was scary. Set my adrenaline off and everything!
edit on 7/6/2017 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Montana

Kitties always know.

Please, everyone stay safe. Thanks to TrueAmerican, and all other members reporting.

We had a small quake yesterday west of where I live in the extreme N.Ga. Mountains. 2.8 if I remember.

Mama Earth getting ready to shake off some fleas.

Des

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Felt here in SE WA... first one I've felt...

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

I need to go to bed but TA has me in his clutches all stuck to
my monitor like a bug on a windshield.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

lol. Sorry man. It is what it is. For those that don't know, I have a seismo rig setup, looking at real time data coming directly from the seismometers, so I see the data as soon as the scientists do. That's how I can report these things quicker than the USGS. It's not magic.

Update:
Some small aftershocks coming in, but hopefully this is just a typical mainshock-aftershock sequence and there won't be anything more bad happen. It doesn't appear, for the moment, to have affected YS park much, if at all. For the moment. The swarm flared up a little while ago, but it too has died back down. For the moment.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Some small aftershocks coming in, but hopefully this is just a typical mainshock-aftershock sequence and there won't be anything more bad happen. It doesn't appear, for the moment, to have affected YS park much, if at all. For the moment. The swarm flared up a little while ago, but it too has died back down. For the moment.

Sure as hell like have'n you around here amigo. I'll check back in the morn.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Lol, know what you mean. I was asleep when something undefined woke me up. I hopped on ATS and the first thing I saw was this thread at the top of the recent page.

Can't get back to sleep now...
edit on 6-7-2017 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   
This broadcaster is covering the story right now. He said that people in BC (Canada) felt it. Here is a link to that live broadcast:

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Here's another one

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Hahahaha..

Same thing happened to me.

I went to USGS first.

My eye's really popped open.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Ah, throw us a screen shot of your seismic data, would be interesting to compare with USGS.

What kind of exit plan do guys use for earthquakes? Just curious, do you guys grab a gun, head for the mountains, kidnap pretty women? ; )

I hope u all stay safe!

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Looks like another 4+ coming in now, not included in this picture yet, but just wanted to show you guys:

There's the 5.8 to the left, the 4.5 smaller after shock to the far right, and the 3.9 which I apparently nailed in my estimate, right on the money.

This new one not included looks like about a 4.2 to 4.4.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Scares me a little, lm leary

I'm in Texas but I have a say so cause I was there in Yellowstone when the 5.8 hit in 1958""""

Yep, I say too close, and SE Washington felt it.......

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   
And yup that last not included in the pic quake was a 4.4, as I stated (4.2 to 4.4).

earthquake.usgs.gov...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join