It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amelia Earhart Survived Plane Crash, History Channel Documentary Claims

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I remember the old Unsolved Mysteries series, with Robert Stack, did a story on Earhart that mirrors much of this new information. Alas can't find it on youtube, however found this video of interviews with eyewitnesses and their decedents, filmed on Saipan. Published in 2015, not sure when it was shot, it's 35 minutes long, towards the end are interviews with US Veterans on Saipan who witnessed the destruction of Earharts plane after the war.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Wreckclues

Nothing new under the sun?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
meh,90% of the ufo photos are better proof than this.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Ship which supposedly was involved in transporting Earhart/Noonan and their plane , KOSHU MARU, was not completed until end of Nov 1937.

www.combinedfleet.com...(teishu)_t.htm

In fact was not even named KOSHU MARU until 1941 when sold to different owners

As for finding aluminum consistent with 1930's aircraft - there are numerous wrecks of aircraft in area from WW II

USS YOEKTOWN lost 5 TBD "DEVASTOR" torpedo planes in bad weather during strike on Mili on Feb 1, 1942

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

She's still treading water along with Natalie Holloway.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

There are many things in the picture that do not make sense.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

...and not enough fuel.

There's always been the stories that she was asked to do a little spying on her flight...and that it may have taken her somewhere she wasn't wanted.

Not sure what that would have been in that area of the South Pacific...but the stories remain.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Truk Lagoon was a photographic target for her.... it was something that I read once.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Was Truk under Japanese control then? I think it was now that I ponder it a bit. It was Rabaul that the Japanese captured during the wars early days...

I'm not as familiar with Earhart's saga as I should be. If she was captured as a spy, I'm amazed, given the atmosphere at the time, she wasn't paraded before the camera's...

That's always been my one issue with her having been captured by the Japanese. They'd have said something, I'm sure.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

she wasn't paraded before the camera's...

That high of a prize would have been an anchor around the Empires neck, resulting in further sanctions by the U.S. had it been made public that she was in Japanese hands.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
i hope it is her i hope its not .
It would be amazing to know what happened .
But then how could she be on a planet 100000S of light years away in 350 years for star trek voyager to find her ?
I prefer she stay larger then life .She was one heck of a women .
You know I think ill change the one person whos dead i wish i could met to her .

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wreckclues

she wasn't paraded before the camera's...

That high of a prize would have been an anchor around the Empires neck, resulting in further sanctions by the U.S. had it been made public that she was in Japanese hands.

On the other hand, that high a prize could bring in a decent reward politically/negotiation wise. Remember, at the time resource starved Japan was desperate for an ally, or if not an ally, then a friend.

Public perception was that Japan was somewhat of a rogue state, and it could have helped change and shape public opinion, if they had 'rescued and brought home' the icon that was Earhart.

There is no reason she would need to be an anchor.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   
what no one seems to have addressed - is what is missing from that pic [ if the claims made are true ]

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Yeah it was a popular technique back them to do those color enhancements on photos. I have one of my mom as a teenager in about 1947. She looks flawless.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

There are no pier posts in the photo .
That object appears to be either hanging from a wire or possible something he's holding.
The photo has been verified to have not been retouched or altered .
edit on 762017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I found a reference to Truk and Earhart:

Some have argued that Truk was the real objective of Amelia Earhart in her proposed around-the-world flight in 1937 in her Lockheed Electra.

According to these theorists, Amelia Earhart and her copilot and navigator, Fred Noonan, were on a secret mission for President Franklin Roosevelt and the Department of War to photograph Truk but were shot down by the Japanese and captured. Others say this occurred at Saipan, which Japan had also stocked with Japanese settlers and heavily fortified. As much as the United States desired intelligence concerning Japanese activities in the Pacific, though, there has been no documented evidence unearthed suggesting that Earhart and Noonan were American spies.

After taking off from Lae in New Guinea, they did fly in the general vicinity of Truk on their way to a refueling stop at Howland Island, but the best evidence indicates that, unable to sight Howland, a tiny speck of land, they ran out of gas and ditched in the sea. Whether they survived the landing and somehow made it to an uninhabited Pacific islet is another area of great speculation.

The New American

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

There are pier pilings in the foreground. There is a boat tied up to them.
But you are correct, the thing near the supposed Noonan is not a piling or post. It looks to be about two inches in diameter.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I don't know what the object is in front of Noonan. I just noticed that if his hand is holding it...he is not holding it correctly...look at finger placement. When you scan down to his lower body...it appears there is a blurred out arm that is actually holding the pole as expected. Thumbs and fingers correctly placed. Plus Noonan seems to be twisted up again looking at the legs facing towards camera but upper torso turned away. It is all too extremely uncomfortable looking to be real.

Is it possible that this image was manipulated? I am not saying the rumors cannot be true...just truly think this image is off!

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

That object appears to be either hanging from a wire or possible something he's holding.
The photo has been verified to have not been retouched or altered .

Point me to where you confirmed/verified that this photo has not been retouched or altered? I am curious to the specifics? I know in the past it was possible to touch up an original and create another original from the touched up version.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

It looks like a camera to me, and maybe what looks like his nose is a viewer for the camera? And it appears he is holding the camera in front of the
post.
It also appears that the sign is supported by a wire that comes down from a support from the larger electrical pole.

edit on 6-7-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join