It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amelia Earhart Survived Plane Crash, History Channel Documentary Claims

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I think that's a color enhanced photo. She also has freckles and you can't see that in that image either.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

My opinion is this picture doesn't look like much proof for Amelia-but maybe for Fred Noonan?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Measurement of the plane were also determined to match her plane. There isn't a lot of detail in that old photo. The focus is on the foreground.
I want this to be her.
To think we finally found her.
But wouldn't the Japanese have returned her body after the war?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

They may not have been getting the special POW treatment yet. If that is her plane it would be pretty much after they crashed.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

My opinion is this picture doesn't look like much proof for Amelia-but maybe for Fred Noonan?

Actually I am having problems with Noonan. Not that it isn't him....but I can't help but think he is added. Why else is the top of a pier post covering part of his head ... And the bottom of post is missing? Something is off on this pic.

Perhaps the Japanese tried to use this as proproganda...perhaps early photoshop skills at play here.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

It would almost have to be, the complexion in both photos is very different.
edit on 5-7-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I have seen blurry badly-angled polaroids showing mainly trees that are better evidence for the existence of Bigfoot than this photo is as evidence of Amelia Earhart's survival.
edit on 5-7-2017 by audubon because: grammar fix

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

I think what you're looking at is him holding a shovel. The shovel blade is what you're seeing as the top of a post.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Eh. Here's a quick comparison. Maybe somebody can find some shots of Earhart from a better angle. But to me, it's not much of a match, particularly around the cheek and jawline. Also, the ear seems lower in the new photo.

Reddish blonde.

That photo seems to be a wax work, there are not photos of that quality from her era. Many showing blonde hair are colourised for effect.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Looks like 5' 11"

Nevermind. Can someone tell me why when you zoom in on Noonan...the pier post is cut off and hovering over part of his face? What is up with that? I am starting to doubt this pic as accurate...now.

Edit add: I mean seriously? Kicking myself in the butt now! Only the top of post is there? This has been messed with at some point.

If you look at 'Fred Noonans' hand, it is wrapped around the pole. I believe the pole is slender and has a board attached to it at the top, I think it may be a sign. Ig you look at it, there may even be some sort of figures on it.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Looks like 5' 11"

Nevermind. Can someone tell me why when you zoom in on Noonan...the pier post is cut off and hovering over part of his face? What is up with that? I am starting to doubt this pic as accurate...now.

Edit add: I mean seriously? Kicking myself in the butt now! Only the top of post is there? This has been messed with at some point.

If you look at 'Fred Noonans' hand, it is wrapped around the pole. I believe the pole is slender and has a board attached to it at the top, I think it may be a sign. Ig you look at it, there may even be some sort of figures on it.

I zoomed in again...trying to see a sign attached to a slender pole. The perspective still is off. The board, sign, top of post is still too far in front of his face. It does not add up.

Edit add: believe me, I was on board at first reading and viewing...made a lot of sense...but closer look made me skeptical.
edit on 7 5 2017 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
the shovel looks a lot like the types of hoes used by japanese farmers, I can't post the link at the moment as I'm mobile.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkestConspiracyMoon

Dude, they had a facial recognition expert look at the back of her head, what more could you ask for? Sheesh, skepticism is passed its hay day.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This is the best site I found for the picture.

DockPhoto

It looks like an old road church sign to me and not a shovel. I can't see how anyone could point out who is in the photo because it is too grainy.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrHammondStoat
That photo seems to be a wax work, there are not photos of that quality from her era. Many showing blonde hair are colourised for effect.

Why would they put the wrong color hair on a wax figure? "We're almost done with our Tom Cruise wax figure, so let's put reddish blonde hair on it!"

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

unprovable just more fluff.

I would say why i think she disappeared, but i would just be trolled

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DocScurlock1774
I would say why i think she disappeared, but i would just be trolled

Little airplane. Big ocean.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

more like small minds, propaganda

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

It appears that Noonan's face-mouth area is covered and it appears (my imagination) a hand held camera and the post goes up to support what looks like a sign with writing on it.

The more I look at Noonan the less sense this makes.

For what it's worth, Amelia is a smudge, but there is useful info on the size of the person. Smoking gun, I doubt it.
edit on 5-7-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DocScurlock1774

With this grainy crappy pic only, then I would have to agree. I am wondering what unofficial info the investigator has. It said at the end of the 6 minute video that a 170 page file is missing from the Navy office of blah blah blah. One wonders.

There is a lot more than we are being told. After all it was 1930's so it should still be secret.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join