It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Disclosure happened in 1976!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I thought alien disclosure happened in 1957 when Valiant Thor was picked up by Alexandria, Virginia police disembarking from a UFO and brought to the Pentagon by his request...

Valiant Thor Arrives

Val Thor, Visitor from Venus

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

Rather sloppy use of the term "Disclosure," IMO. Robert K. G. Temple published a book in 1976 entitled The Sirius Mystery. In NO way was that a "Disclosure" as per the typical use of the term meaning a government announcement of the existence of ETIs. It was a scholarly effort to show that an ancient tribe in African were visited by ETIs long ago and given data about the Sirius and its planet "Digitaria." He also looked at some of the standard ancient tales that have come down to us over the millennium. Sad to say, Temple's book, still in print I believe, has never garnered much support from the UFO crowd. --Too scholarly I suspect and no way sensationalistic.
edit on 4-7-2017 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Even since ....there have been sitting panels of astro-physicists, professors, government leaders, writers, military advisors...all have met (and can to viewed on YouTube,NASA and other video sites in many cases)...including governments all releasing their UFO files...and even heads of State like Canada, and astronauts...all stating disclosure.

But we will never get what all considers as such. The evidence has always been there...announcements have been made by well-known, powerful and believable people...and have gone ignored.

No one person or group speaks for, represents or will be believed by the whole world at the same time....

Exactly, and "they" know this.

Whoever is visiting, they are likely controlling their own disclosure.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Excellent choice in reading material, but you may want to read Cosmic Trigger 2 or 3, where IIRC, he writes about the time period with the Sirius connections, and suggests that he may have been over-indulging in a certain hallucinogen at the time, and discusses the possibility that he may have been communicating with his own subconscious (comparing some of it to Jung's experiences on his internal travels) .

Though, As it almost always seems to be with RAW, he makes no claims of certainty...
edit on 4-7-2017 by AbdulAlhazred because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

I'd like to address a difference to one thing you said. I dont think its a question of "visiting". I think theyve always been here....always. Sure we have "visitors" as well....but them being here goes back 100,000's of thousands of years. And we've ignored all evidence.

If 50% of evidence is completely incorrect...and 25% is mistaken for something else....and 20% of whats left is "maybe-true"...then that leaves 5% that can be nothing else but TRUE. Then it is absolutely positive they are here....have been here...keep coming and going from here....therefore they HAVE to..they MUST...really exist.

And I agree with you...mostly they themselves are probably the "Great Oz" behind the curtain at the start of the Yellow Brick Road...

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

The beauty of this subject is in its endless uncertainty.

Beauty...yes...sometimes it spills over to frustration

FWIW I share some of Vallee's views that are mentioned in the OP. Even though I don't care for what Temple and Wilson believe about Sirius, the idea of unknown phenomena is something I sometimes wonder about.

For me...it's a bit of a stretch of an imagination that such specific knowledge...for instance...they mention density of the smaller star...had reached the African tribe and been integrated into their own belief system...just few decades before Europeans came to interview them. We are talking like...30 years...40 at best.

Yes...it is possible...given the time frames...but to me...it is unlikely. We are talking about the time before internet, phones...news traveled much slower around the globe. Let alone some African tribe...

Anyway...

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AbdulAlhazred
yes i noticed that he says often, that he believes nothing and everything at the same time, i love his dialogue, i feel like reading something i have wrote sometimes because i share a lot of his views, and i can connect with what he is saying, i am about 50 pages in and he is talking about how people have seen the same entity when taking mescaline, which is what tribal indians once used, the wee green guy with green scaly skin with boils that would dance and laugh then disappear.
he relayed that to a possible archetype of the collective unconscious..... but who says the collective unconscious isn't real and you go there when you die... i dont know but i am really into this book, and im looking forward to finishing it, wish i didn't have it as a pdf though, prefer to read of paper. Cheers

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Ha, interesting.

Also the very day I was born. 🤘

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Wasn't it 1977....For the UK
Was this ever debunked or is it still a genuine alien hijack?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Definitions are important, I agree, and your definition is probably more in line with contemporary usage of the word on this subject matter. Government Disclosure is how you use it, as in the book "A.D. After Disclosure" by Richard Dolan and Bryce Zabel.

But could the argument be made that aliens themselves have deliberately disclosed their existence by various other means? With Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, Ronald Reagan and other national leaders having discussed the presence of aliens be construed as a sort of disclosure?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Everything is connected folks, and in the Great Day of the Lord, the secrets will come out and we’ll see that all is connected.

For everything in existence reflects the Most High whether they like it or not

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
When I clicked, I thought for sure the OP was going to reference the debut of Mork & Mindy.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
there was me thinking disclosure happened with the bible , it happened with ovid's metamorphoses

earth has been plagued by alien visitors pretending to be our gods for centuries

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I have come to believe that while we may in fact occasionally be visited by nuts and bolts aliens, the vast majority of what we see and call the UFO experience is in fact something more close to home. Something that is more likely the manifestation of the trickster whatever it may in fact be.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I enjoyed the trilogy. I encourage you to look up the principia discordia, and the book of the law. Aliens are a lost cause as far as literary references go, IMO. This is a conspiracy site tho, and the seach for truth is often pushed along by wading among the chaos. If you haven't read it yet, try Focault's Pendulum,no laiens, but its a wonderful adventure in conspiracy. Like I said, don't take writers at their face value, but you might find something important within literature nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I'd like to address a difference to one thing you said. I dont think its a question of "visiting". I think theyve always been here....always. Sure we have "visitors" as well....but them being here goes back 100,000's of thousands of years. And we've ignored all evidence.

If 50% of evidence is completely incorrect...and 25% is mistaken for something else....and 20% of whats left is "maybe-true"...then that leaves 5% that can be nothing else but TRUE. Then it is absolutely positive they are here....have been here...keep coming and going from here....therefore they HAVE to..they MUST...really exist.

And I agree with you...mostly they themselves are probably the "Great Oz" behind the curtain at the start of the Yellow Brick Road...

Thanks!

Brilliantly said, I agree fully.

Some of the reasoning involves an idea ive accepted that with common themes existing in the Universe, in terms of form and function, it would not suprise me if some other worlders are almost, if not entirely indistinguishable from modern Earth inhabitants.

Afterall, you may be talking to a hybrid

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

If there are technological, biological species out there, they could very well be similar to us. Similar in the basics and different in the details. We can backtrack from a craft in space to argue the point.

If they have a ship in space, they probably evolved on a world that's like ours. To manufacture metals, they'd need an atmosphere that can support controllable fire and a mineral rich habitat. To have fire, there would need to be combustible matter and, since we can't burn rocks, there would have to be vegetation. How does that grow? Their world would need a friendly sun. They would have evolving technologies that had their beginnings, like ours, in their deep past. Striking animals with rocks and making edge blades with what was available seems an unavoidable and foundational stage for advanced beings.

None of these things can be accomplished without a physical body that allows for movement, intelligence, metabolising and manipulating stuff. They'd have a digestive system and be adapted to breathing the atmosphere that sustains fires. Senses would be a requirement so eyes, hearing, smelling and so forth would be essential. There would absolutely have to be a cooperative society to create the critical mass of ideas needed to even manufacture products. You get the gist so I'll stop there.

All bets are off if they advanced past artificial intelligence. What direction does a civilisation take that his several parts energy and can travel at light speed? Potentially unrecognisable to us. Likewise, we've gone the rocket fuel and oil route. What if elsewhere they stumbled onto a different means of tapping energy?

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I believe that no human disclosure from any government will ever happen. Too risky in many fields of human activities. The only way to know and have proofs would be from the ETs themselves.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: John4564

You could meditate on it and see what happens i suppose, take a journey into the unconscious, i haven't tried yet, my conscious is mysterious enough for me at this moment!

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ixc77

Thanks for the them mate, i will check them out and see if any take my fancy, you seem to be able to get a lot of this type of stuff free on PDF.... which is good

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join