It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object next to Moon - 6-30-17

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Hello everyone, I was hoping the community here can help identify this object next to the moon. This was filmed on June 30th at about 11:30 pm. It is not Jupiter or Spica, and I think Sirius was on the other horizon at the time. It was on the opposite side of the moon (where it is dark) when I first saw it. By the time I set my telescope up it was gone. Then about 30 minutes later it showed up again in this spot. I thought maybe it was a background star that the moon was moving in front of, but according to Skyview there were no bright stars in that area at the time of this video. The object also appeared to be moving with the moon, at times staying the same distance from it. I apologize for the shaky camera.

I am new to this so hopefully one of these will work...

Original Video

Original Video edited to remove grain and zoom:

This video was about 5 minutes before the original and the object appears closer to the moon:

This video was about 15 minutes before the original and the object is not there:

Here is a slideshow of screenshots with magnification:

Screenshots:

I thought it was strange how it appeared to stay the same distance from the lunar surface at times, which you can see in the last 15 seconds of the original video.

I appreciate any info, thank you.

-A

edit on 7.4.2017 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-7-2017 by AnahataN because: post content not showing

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnahataN
Hello everyone, I was hoping the community here can help identify this object next to the moon. This was filmed on June 30th at about 11:30 pm. It is not Jupiter or Spica, and I think Sirius was on the other horizon at the time. It was on the opposite side of the moon (where it is dark) when I first saw it. By the time I set my telescope up it was gone. Then about 30 minutes later it showed up again in this spot. I thought maybe it was a background star that the moon was moving in front of, but according to Skyview there were no bright stars in that area at the time of this video. The object also appeared to be moving with the moon, at times staying the same distance from it. I apologize for the shaky camera.

I am new to this so hopefully one of these will work...

Original Video

Original Video edited to remove grain and zoom

This video was about 5 minutes before the original and the object appears closer to the moon.

This video was about 15 minutes before the original and the object is not there.

Here is a slideshow of screenshots with magnification.

Screenshots:

I thought it was strange how it appeared to stay the same distance from the lunar surface at times, which you can see in the last 15 seconds of the original video.

I appreciate any info, thank you.

-A

edit on 4-7-2017 by AkontaDarkpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AnahataN

Wow, why doesn't it show my full post? Can anyone help me please? When I go to edit or preview my post it is all there. There should be a few videos and some pictures...

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Wow, why doesn't it show my full post? Can anyone help me please? When I go to edit or preview my post it is all there. There should be a few videos and some pictures...

I see your full post when i go to quote you but something isn't right in the coding. I'm looking into it to see if i can help you fix it.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AkontaDarkpaw

Thank you, standing by

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Thank you, standing by

I think it should work now

edit on 4-7-2017 by AkontaDarkpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   
This will be neat....I see craft in the night sky hanging still....with thermal vision.....I have a DVR on it.......last night it was hanging in the constellation Virgo
edit on 4-7-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Im on my iPhone so i can't do what I want. So gp to the search function and type in' tutorial for uploading videos and pictures'. It should show you what you are missing in the process.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spader

Im on my iPhone so i can't do what I want. So gp to the search function and type in' tutorial for uploading videos and pictures'. It should show you what you are missing in the process.

Never mind

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Uhmmmm, that's the same shape I see on my Armasight Zeus 2.....in Virgo

Mine was big......almost a quarter degree.....a little less

Editt....got the Armasight....ing out for a scan, that's too familiar a shape.....standby one.....lets see what shows.....doesn't take but two minutes to scan with an Armasight Zeus
edit on 4-7-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
Uhmmmm, that's the same shape I see on my Armasight Zeus 2.....in Virgo

Mine was big......almost a quarter degree.....a little less

Editt....got the Armasight....ing out for a scan, that's too familiar a shape.....standby one.....lets see what shows.....doesn't take but two minutes to scan with an Armasight Zeus

I'm anxious to find out what this is..

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Flagged and starred.....damn interesting.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Could be this?

Friday, June 30

And this evening, the Moon's dark limb will occult (cover) the bright, tight double star Gamma Virginis (Porrima) for much of the U.S. and Canada. The event happens in daylight for the West, twilight for the central longitudes of the continent, and later in darkness for the East.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Looks like a G'ould cargo ship to me.
edit on 4-7-2017 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Looks like a G'ould cargo ship to me.
Lol. Beam up.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Lol. Seriously though, that's exactly what it looks like. Awesome capture, probably one of the best I've ever seen.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

Thank you Zarni I think you're right, a bit strange looking but makes sense, awesome
edit on 4-7-2017 by AnahataN because: clarification

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

We watch waaaay too much TV...'cause that was my first thought, too.

It's darned interesting, though.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join